Start by marking “Kill Me Again (Secrets of Shadow Falls, #2)” as Want to Read:
Kill Me Again (Secrets of Shadow Falls, #2)

Kill Me Again (Secrets of Shadow Falls #2)

4.03 of 5 stars 4.03  ·  rating details  ·  431 ratings  ·  37 reviews
I'm not who they say I am. TRUST ME.

But can she?

Reclusive novelist Aaron Westhaven, a man she's admired -- and more -- for years, has accepted Olivia Dupree's invitation to speak at a local fundraiser. But the day he's due to arrive, she gets a call summoning her to the bedside of a John Doe whose sole possession is her business card.

Can this unbelievably compelling man --
Published July 27th 2010 by Mira (first published January 1st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Kill Me Again, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Kill Me Again

Larissa
4 & a half starts!

This is the sequel to Maggie Shayne’s Killing Me Softly and I am really happy that this trilogy is coming out in the short span of 3 months because it definitely brings down the waiting factor to a minimum and let’s you be as involved with the series as you want to be, without the “who-is-that-guy-again” factor.

Kill Me Again took me once more out of my cozy comfort zone and didn’t even have the “I-see-dead-people” thing to help me sleep at night and pretend I was still read
Laurie Garrison
Another great book by Maggie Shayne, I loved it. In book one you read about Olivia having a bad past. In this one it catches up with her and you get to read what happened between her and her ex. Its not a good past to read about, I found really emotional and had to keep reading to find out the whole story.

Olivia is a huge fan of a reclusive author Aaron Westhaven and he has been invited to speak at the university. Olivia was waiting for Aaron to come when she noticed he was really late. The next
Lisa Kay
★★★★½ (This is a review of the audiobook.) I really enjoyed Rachel Butera's narration of this intriguing book. She does a great job on the voices for the different characters, and they are not what I would have imagined. However, they bring a different kind of book to my imagination. She makes the heroine sound just a tiny bit like the actress Meg Tilly, but just a tiny bit. And it works. She puts inflection on sentences in a way I wouldn't have... and that works, too!

Love the plot twists in th
Barbara ★
For years English professor Olivia Dupree has had a virtual crush on reclusive author Aaron Westhaven. She loves everything he's ever written and has built him up in her mind to be the perfect man with all the right thoughts and feelings. She's ecstatic when her repeated letters to him are finally answered and he agrees to be the featured speaker at a private event. However Olivia starts to panic when he is late to arrive. Therefore when she gets a frantic call from the hospital regarding an uni ...more
Lhenry
A lot of good points to the story, but the dog was the character who made the book shine for me. I loved him for his own awesomeness and also how he really became an important part of the love between Olivia and Aaron. The amnesia aspect of the story was a little better than usual too - the puzzle of who and what Aaron is was nice and complicated and surprising. He and Olivia were not perfect, which was nice and I liked they would call each other on it, for example when he pointed out how bossy ...more
Olimpia
Kill Me Again is the second of the series and another great one from Maggie Shayne.

This one centers on Olivia Dupree and Aaron Westhaven. Olivia has been living with secrets of her own she’s running from. Aaron is a reclusive author whom she invited to be a speaker.

But someone’s attacked and tried to kill Aaron. Due to loss of his memory, Olivia assumes the John Doe is Aaron. They are now forced to trust each other to find out who is after both him and her. Are they connected? Between Aaron’s m
Di
Great book with a twist!
Zwart Raafje
“Voor Olivia is het bijna niet te bevatten dat ze eindelijk haar favoriete auteur, Aaron Westhaven, gaat onmoeten. Al zestien jaar houdt ze zich schuil, al zestien jaar leeft ze in angst, en de boeken van Westhaven zijn haar enige troost. Nu zal hij bij hoge uitzondering – hij leeft als een kluizenaar – een lezing geven aan de universiteit waar ze werkt, en bovendien zal hij bij haar logeren!

Dan krijgt ze een telefoontje van het ziekenhuis: er is een onbekende man gevonden: Hij is neergeschoten
jenjn79
Aug 15, 2010 jenjn79 rated it 2 of 5 stars
Recommended to jenjn79 by: continuation of a series
After enjoying the first book in this trilogy, I expected to like this one as well, but unfortunately it fell rather flat for me. Nothing about it really worked...except for the dog. I liked the dog.

Series Note:
Second book in the "Secrets of Shadow Falls" trilogy, of which the first book is connected to Shayne's "Mordecai Young" trilogy.

Summary:
Olivia Dupree has settled into life in Shadow Falls, VT, over the years, but she has some deep, dark secrets she doesn't want anyone to find out. If they
Yvonne
The story started out kinda slow but quickly picked up the pace. It takes place a few weeks after the events of Killing Me Softly. We get to know Olivia, a character that was instrumental in helping to clear Bryan's name.

In this book, Olivia, who I thought was a strong character before, had me questioning her actions. It's understandable, because her carefully structured cover has been blown and now her past has come back to kill her. The missing pieces of Olivia's past that weren't revealed in
Heather  * suffering broken screen syndrome*
Giving this 3 stars was generous. It is romantic suspense so you get this mystery of who wants Olivia dead while sitting in suspence from the action scenes all while these two "strangers" fall in love while fighting for their lives and pasts.

And that was the basic plot of the book in one long run on sentence. I could do a full review but I don't want to waste my time or yours. I will say this I read the first book in this series and the previous 3 in the other series..I expected more. We got to
Barbara McGrath
KILL Me Again (Secrets of Shadow Falls)

I gave this story the rating I did simply because again Maggie Shayne did not disappoint me in developing a Sweet but thrilling adventure for this reader. Although this time she almost had me convinced our hero was as villain turned Good because of love...
Melissa Levine
Okay I like this book but 2 questions-
1. Considering Olivia was terrified of Tommy why would she want to meet up with him for the disc exchange in the middle of the night, in a deserted area? She knows he'll probably try to kill her so you'd think she would have picked a daytime, populated location.

2. Ok so obviously Olivia aka Sara took her adopted name from her dead roommate almost 17 years prior. So why is when the authorities find out who she really is, why would she have to go back to orig
Maria
Although this book had some good moments and I liked the premise on which it was based, I did not enjoy it quite as much as the previous book in this series. Usually books with dogs and children are sure winners with me. This one had a dog but I just couldn't connect somehow with any of the characters, including the dog. Not even with Bryan who was a great character in the previous book. Wish I could figure out what the problem is but I cannot pinpoint a thing wrong with the book except its tend ...more
Sandra Knapp
Very enjoyable book. I really liked the characters, even when I was not really certain one was a "good guy" or a "bad guy." A little romance, but not too much. Some good twists and turns. It moved very nicely and was a thoroughly enjoyable read.
Ash
Superb book. Just loved Olivia,"Aaron" and Freddy. Especially Freddy. Actually feel like getting a dog for myself now.
Melissa
Three stars because I did want to see how the story ended. But there was nothing believable about any of the situations our heroine found herself in but that's why it's escapist reading. I would describe this as cozy very tame romantic suspense story and what's not to love about a hunky amnesiac good guy or maybe bad guy?
Lynsey A
3.5 stars This one was much more enjoyable than the first one. I liked the characters much better and there is the most delightful dog in this story. It almost made me want one. :)

This is a decent read and en enjoyable RS however, not as good as some others out there but a decent enough read to pass the time.
Cheryl Karkoff
Second book in the Shadow Falls series, and I liked this better than the first. Easy to read and keeps you interested. The past catches up with Olivia and she is on the run with a handsome stranger with amnesia. Was he sent to kill her or help her?
Gemma
Pretty good suspense. I like the whole "is the hero actually the bad guy?" twist. Even though you know how it's going to turn out, it was still an enjoyable read. Romance a little flat though. When the dog is your favorite character, that says something.
Caro
This book was pretty good. I would read it again. The last half was pretty page-turning. The whole thing was written well and came across perfect. This was my first book to read in this series. I'm going to read the other two books now too. Enjoy
Sara
If you found a man with amnesia holding your business card with your handwriting on it, wouldn't you assume he's the author you've persuaded to come and speak at your college fundraiser? Makes sense. In this case, looks can be deceiving.
Cindi
I am very impressed that Maggie Shayne has turned out to be such a terrific suspense writer; I knew she had the grip on her PNR's but wow! This series is riviting.
Emily
Another good one by her but i guessed some of the twists again..but she did get me on one of them..so progress!
Donna
This book was not bad it was part of a trigoly I did like the first book better but enjoyed it.
Jacque
Better than the first, enjoyable till the end and a whole new story to boot.
Donna
Better than the last one. Good enough that I will get the next one.
Brianna
it was pretty good, even thought Olivia did get on my nerves a lot.
Harlequin Books
Miniseries: Secrets of Shadow Falls
Category: Suspense
Kaytness
The best of the two so far. Can't wait to read the third.
  • Lord of the Desert (Immortal Sheiks #1)
  • The Perfect Murder (Last Stand Series,  #6)
  • Serendipity (Southern Comfort #1)
  • Swept Aside
  • Strangers In The Night (includes Wings in the Night, #4)
  • Kisses to Remember
  • Fade the Heat
  • Living Hell
  • Zombie Moon
  • Deathtrap (Broslin Creek, #3)
  • Sins of the Flesh (Otherkin, #3)
  • Make Her Pay (Bullet Catcher, #8)
  • Roarke's Wife  (The Protectors, #7) (Silhouette Intimate Moments, #807)
  • Midnight Caller (Chasing Evil Trilogy, #1)
  • Shadow of the Vampire
  • Nameless (Less Series, #2)
  • An Eye For Danger
  • Hide from Evil (Dead Wrong, #2)
I live in the teeny, tiny town of Taylor, NY, (Alliteration Alert!) though my mailing address is Cincinnatus, my telephone exchange is Truxton and I pay taxes and vote in Cuyler. All of these are at least in the same rural county in the southern hills of New York State; Cortland County. There are more cattle than people here. The nearest “big” cities are Syracuse and Binghamton and they are an hou ...more
More about Maggie Shayne...

Secrets of Shadow Falls (3 books)
  • Killing Me Softly (Secrets of Shadow Falls, #1)
  • Kiss Me, Kill Me  (Secrets of Shadow Falls, #3)
An Enchanted Season (Psy-Changeling, #0.5; Murphy Sisters, #1) Wild Thing (Includes: Warriors of Poseidon, #1.5; Guardians, #1.5) Weddings from Hell (Night Huntress, #1.5; Brotherhood of Blood, #3.5; Nicki Styx, #2.5) The Gingerbread Man Edge of Twilight (Wings in the Night, #10)