Seven Little Bunnies

Seven Little Bunnies

3.6 of 5 stars 3.60  ·  rating details  ·  48 ratings  ·  21 reviews

Seven little bunnies are distracted at bedtime

Published February 1st 2010 by Cavendish Square Publishing

Cricket Muse
Seven Little Bunnies is a frolicking fun read about getting a handful of bunnies to go to bed. The jubilant text of Julie Stiegemeyer reflects the bounciness of the bunnies as each one eventually succumbs to sleep, while the bright watercolor renderings of Laura Bryant round out the story. This is entertaining sing-song celebration of nightly routine.

Both the author and illustrator have captured the busyness of getting a young child to bed. Stiegemeyer proves that when rhymed text is done well i...more
Linda
I found this at my library, had the pleasure of attending a poetry workshop with Julie. It’s a simple bedtime story with a sweetly rhyming part about each bunny, trying so hard to do one more thing before going to bed. The rhymes are wonderful, each ending with “Cozy, dozy, drowsy…drop.” For parents, you’ll understand immediately what’s happening because children do it too. They want to do just one more thing, and boom, they’re asleep. For my granddaughters, they loved the lively and colorful pi...more
Terry
Little Kid Reaction: My son liked this book. He liked predicting the next number (counts from "first" to "seventh" bunnies). The repetition of the "Cozy, dozy ..." phrase meant that he could say it along with me. This is a book he wanted to read again and again.

Big Kid Reaction: I liked this book. It was fun and wound down to a sweet ending about going to sleep. I found myself reading the last stanza softly and gently and wanting to put the kids right in bed afterwards. It was very soothing, the...more
Dacia
Very Cute Bedtime Story

Very Cute Bedtime Story

This is a cute little rhyming sorry. It's quick to read but still funny and sweet. My little one loves it.
Donalyn
This was fun book for young children, with interesting words that describe the young bunnies' actions like "spinning swirl" and "munching, crunching." Children will memorize the catchy refrain that signals another bunny has fallen asleep, "Cozy, dozy, drowsy, drop."

Is it old-fashioned of me to wish that there were ten bunnies, so the book could be more of a counting book, too?
Jess Brown
This makes a nice bedtime book or PJ storytime read aloud. Great repetition of the phrase, "Cozy, dozy, drowsy...drop" which would easily enable you to get kids into the book. I could also see using it as a flannelboard story, adding one felt bunny at a time as the story builds. Best for toddlers and preschoolers.
Mandy
It's bedtime, and the seven little bunnies begin to play. Will they ever get to sleep? Would be cute to act out!
Janet
Such a brief story about seven bunny brothers and sisters going to bed with a refrain of cozy, dozy, drowsy, drop. Young children will love it as well as their parents. Illustrations are great and enhances the reassuring story. Loved it.
Samantha
It's bedtime and the 7 bunnies are dropping of to sleep one by one in rhyming text with a catchy refrain.

Illustrations were rendered using watercolor.

This is a delicious bedtime read aloud, love that refrain! PreK-2.
Amanda
A very cute bedtime and counting book. While it only goes to seven, it is written in such easy to read verse, that it seems to be aimed at younger than even counting age although my 4 y/o enjoyed it quite a bit.
Tricia
Seven adorable bunnies head off to bed and one by one, they fall asleep in mid-activity with a repeating phrase of "cozy, dozy, drowsy...drop." Fun readaloud for preschoolers~!
Lisa
Good rhythm, cute pictures, nice bedtime story. Although, we just read it to read it. It got the "AGAIN!" request multiple times. I gladly obliged!
Nancy J.
This book has cute pictures and the children will enjoy looking at the clothing to identify each as they fall off to sleep
Rachel
Cute bedtime storytime book about seven little bunnies getting ready for bed. I love the watercolor illustrations!
Molly
This is a fun read aloud- great for a sleepytime storytime.
Tina
bunnies, counting, bedtime, repetitive phrase
Rachel
Simple and straightforward great word usage.
John
Jun 07, 2010 John added it
Cute book, suitable for storytime.
MissInformation
counting book for story time. rhymes.
Marge
M
M marked it as to-read
May 20, 2014
Charlotte
Charlotte marked it as to-read
May 07, 2014
Justin
Justin added it
Apr 22, 2014
Inma
Inma added it
Apr 22, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »
Gobble-Gobble Crash, A Barnyard Counting Bash: A Barnyard Counting Bash Cheep! Cheep! Under the Baobab Tree Saint Nicholas: The Real Story of the Christmas Legend Merry Christmas, Cheeps!