Start by marking “Tyrannosaurus Game, The” as Want to Read:
Tyrannosaurus Game, The

Tyrannosaurus Game, The

12 kids make up an imaginative story about a tyrannosaurus on the loose
Published March 1st 2010 by Two Lions (first published March 1976)

To ask other readers questions about Tyrannosaurus Game, The, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tyrannosaurus Game, The

Kat
Oct 18, 2011 Kat rated it liked it
Shelves: 2011, picture-books
This is a short picture book that involves a class of kids telling a story circle-style. Frankly, I've never seen a circle-story with little kids turn out this coherent, but for the sake of sanity, I'll ignore that fact. The repetition of the names of the kids got a bit old, but it was kinda cute and my son actually sat still for the reading of it, so it wasn't bad. If your kid is dino crazy, it's worth borrowing from the library.
Terry
Little Kid Reaction: My 4 year old LOVED LOVED LOVED this book. It was colorful and filled with action. There was PLENTY to see and investigate on each page - the illustrations are rich and packed with goodies.

Big Kid Reaction: I did not like this book. I loved the concept of working together to build the story. However, most of the text was spent repeating the names of the 12 kids (building from 1 name to 12 as the story went on), when I would have much preferred to have been told a story. If y
Dolly
May 07, 2011 Dolly rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: parents reading with their children
This is a fun story about a creative way to spend a rainy day. The illustrations by Tomie dePaola are simple, but entertaining. We borrowed this book from our local library as part of a kit with an audiocassette and we enjoyed listening to the story as we followed along with the book.
Jaimee Huskins
Nov 24, 2014 Jaimee Huskins rated it liked it
Cute book. Could have each student read a page then you can have the students do one of their own. It is a very creative story. The story is easy to follow. The pictures are only in a few colors but go well with the story. Simple but good!
The Brothers
A group of school kids make up a story about a Tyrannosaurus, each getting to tell a portion of the story in turn. Gets a little tedious to have to repeat all the kids names over and over.

Fun illustrations.
Rachel
Jul 22, 2010 Rachel rated it liked it
Liked the cumulative story aspect, but did not like that some repeated all the kids names and others did not, very distracting.
Donalyn
While the story was not that interesting, I think this book has potential classroom use because students could create their own chain/ progressive stories like the children in the book.
renee
renee rated it it was amazing
Jun 16, 2015
Tara
Tara rated it liked it
Jan 31, 2014
Kai Widmer
Kai Widmer rated it it was amazing
Oct 11, 2011
Georgiana
Georgiana rated it it was ok
Dec 10, 2010
Lara
Lara rated it really liked it
Nov 25, 2009
Drew Elmore
Drew Elmore rated it liked it
Jan 12, 2016
Jared Leaman
Jared Leaman rated it really liked it
Aug 01, 2013
MJ
Nov 11, 2015 MJ rated it it was ok
Alissa's never liked dinosaurs much.
Elizabeth
Elizabeth rated it liked it
Mar 24, 2011
Susan Erhardt
Susan Erhardt rated it really liked it
Mar 31, 2010
Lori
Lori rated it really liked it
Nov 24, 2016
Hilton
Hilton rated it liked it
Mar 31, 2015
John
John rated it it was ok
Mar 16, 2010
Andreabb
Andreabb rated it liked it
Jan 27, 2016
Katie
Katie rated it liked it
Oct 26, 2016
Van Nguyen
Van Nguyen rated it it was amazing
Nov 06, 2015
Michelle
Michelle rated it liked it
Jul 31, 2010
Michele
Michele rated it liked it
Mar 13, 2013
Jennifer rated it liked it
Apr 18, 2010
Brandielle
Brandielle rated it liked it
Jul 16, 2014
Kendra
Kendra rated it liked it
Jan 06, 2014
Nathan
Nathan rated it liked it
Feb 14, 2012
Tiffany
Tiffany rated it did not like it
Apr 11, 2016
Stephen Kroll spoke at schools and conferences all over the world. He was married to the journalist, Kathleen Beckett, and they lived in New York City and an old carriage house in Bucks County, Pennsylvania. When he was not writing or traveling, he played a lot of tennis and walked around looking at everything.
More about Steven Kroll...