Start by marking “On Call: Afternoon” as Want to Read:
On Call: Afternoon

On Call: Afternoon (On Call)

3.44  ·  Rating Details  ·  81 Ratings  ·  20 Reviews
New single doctor in town, Keith Hoyer, gets plenty of interest, but is it for himself, the M.D.after his name, or what they think is in his wallet? The patients, of course, are strictly off limits. Each night he goes home to his big, gray tabby cat, Harpo, and unfulfilled dreams.

Then he opens the door to his exam room to find hunky veterinarian Dante James, with whom he’d
Published February 2010 by Rocky Ridge Press

To ask other readers questions about On Call, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about On Call

Zero at the Bone by Jane SevilleFrog by Mary CalmesNo Souvenirs by K.A. MitchellWhere He Ends and I Begin by Cardeno C.One of Those Days by Zathyn Priest
Best Gay Doctors
51st out of 118 books — 209 voters
Drawn Together by Z.A. MaxfieldOne Night in Bangkok by Gale StanleyMexican Heat by Laura BaumbachCollision Course by K.A. MitchellWith Love by J.L. Langley
Best Gay Multicultural Lovers
57th out of 235 books — 202 voters

More lists with this book...

Eden Winters
Feb 24, 2010 Eden Winters rated it it was amazing
The pulse quickens and you can't speak, butterflies flit around in your insides and you can't breathe or form coherent thoughts. Ah, the power of that first, initial attraction.

That's what Dr. Keith feels for hunky veterinarian Dante, but he lacks the confidence to do anything about it. It's up to Keith's "owner", a tabby named Harpo, to bring these two together. Hot men and cute critters. Who could ask for more? P.D. Singer just gets better and better with each new story. I'd love to see more
Mandy*reads obsessively*
Dec 01, 2011 Mandy*reads obsessively* rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m, ebook-owned, short
Cute short about a vet and a doctor meeting first in one of their offices and then in the others.
Elisa Rolle
This is only a short story but it’s very nice and romantic, and how could be anything else, when we are speaking of hot doctors and their furry friends, little matchmaker kitties?

At first Dr. Dante James, vet, goes to Dr. Keith Hoyer, m.d., with a health problem, but the problem is minimal and soon forgotten, and instead Dr. Keith is more interesting in knowing more of the handsome African American vet than his health status. Only that the chance doesn’t come, and so Keith manages to have it; w
Jewel
A short and fun read. And I agree with Keith in that one of the most important things in a prospective boyfriend would be that he likes cats. And that they like him. That's pretty much how I got my man a couple decades ago.
Mara Ismine
Apr 13, 2010 Mara Ismine rated it really liked it
A sweet get-together between doctor and veterinarian, with featured character Harpo the cat. Busy schedules and sometimes a little bit too much thinking from Keith make this an enjoyable story. Dante's suspicion and reserve made him more than just a pretty ass face. The ending was a wonderful "aahh" moment as they got past the doubts and suspicion to connect.
Vio
Sep 08, 2012 Vio rated it really liked it
3.5 stars.
Cute and just perfect if you love cats, Harpo was a delight and a true gem throughout. Keith and Dante weren't bad either, a love fest of all kinds.
Serena Yates
Apr 04, 2010 Serena Yates rated it liked it
Shelves: gay
A nice short story about a doctor and a vet who need each other's help and end up wanting more.
Theodora Taylor
Aug 17, 2012 Theodora Taylor rated it really liked it
Description: When Keith, the new single doctor in town, meets sexy black veterinarian, Dante, he’s way too shy to make a first move. Can his cat, Harpo, bring them together?

The Good: I adore vets in real life and wish they’d be used more in romance. Ms. Singer does a good job of making Dante vulnerable (he’s literally got cat scratch fever), while keeping him attractive in the opening scenes. The romantic build up to sex is sweet and awkward, and the couple is very well-matched. Also, the cat at
Camille
Aug 20, 2012 Camille rated it did not like it
Just BAD!
Cynthia
Sep 28, 2013 Cynthia rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed
To read my reviews on Books on Silver Wings blog, please visit http://onsilverwingz.blogspot.com/201...

This is two short stories in one book. Dante and Keith both have a cat and a career in the medical field. When Dante come to the examination room at the hospital, Keith tries to act professionally and treat the patient rather than act on his attraction. Dante returns the favor when Keith's cat, Harpo, gets injured. They decide to give their relationship a try and their first challenge as a coup
Vicki Thompson
Mar 07, 2016 Vicki Thompson rated it really liked it
Cute and sweet!
Tam
Aug 31, 2011 Tam rated it liked it
Shelves: m-m

Jen did a great review of this which pretty much mirrors my thoughts exactly. It also made me smile when at the end Keith is outlining some of the reasons he thinks he and Dante get along and he is really nervous about the last one. When he finally blurts it out I think I literally snorted out loud. Cute and funny and sweet.
Veronica /  V
Jun 09, 2012 Veronica / V rated it it was ok
If you don't like cats you better stay away from this story, I like cats (I don't love them), after I read this story I was sick of reading so much about them.
If it wasn't for the black american character I would had give it 1 star.
in one word...Boring.
Sadonna
Dec 05, 2011 Sadonna rated it liked it
Shelves: pdf, mm
This is a very cute short story about Keith and Dante's first meetnig. The feature in several other stories in this series. I enjoyed their interplay and the animals are cute too!
Chris
Oct 22, 2010 Chris rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance, gay, done, short, 2010, ebook
Enjoyable short m/m romances about a doctor and a veterinarian who meet on the job and then again on the job.
CB
Nov 03, 2014 CB rated it it was amazing
Shelves: misc-book
Cute, sweet short story. Part of a series and they are all entertaining, humorous, sexy and fun.
Kristen
Sep 03, 2012 Kristen rated it liked it
Wish there was more to the story but I liked it.
OkayKim
Jul 07, 2012 OkayKim rated it really liked it
3.5
I wanted to know how Pawlina turned out.
Bogusia
Jan 23, 2013 Bogusia rated it liked it
3 stars
Heather
Heather rated it liked it
Jul 03, 2016
Thomas D. Evans, Jr.
Thomas D. Evans, Jr. rated it really liked it
Apr 29, 2016
Innocenceindeath
Innocenceindeath marked it as to-read
Apr 17, 2016
Alejandra
Alejandra marked it as to-read
Apr 09, 2016
Felicia
Felicia marked it as to-read
Apr 07, 2016
Karla
Karla rated it liked it
Feb 06, 2016
Sneezep
Sneezep marked it as to-read
Nov 11, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
PD Singer lives in Colorado with her slightly bemused husband, two rowdy teenage boys, and thirty pounds of cats. She's a big believer in research, first-hand if possible, so the reader can be quite certain PD has skied down a mountain face-first, been stepped on by rodeo horses, acquired a potato burn or two, and will never, ever, write a novel that includes sky-diving.

When not writing, playing h
More about P.D. Singer...

On Call (5 books)