Start by marking “The End Game: A Mystery” as Want to Read:
The End Game: A Mystery

The End Game: A Mystery (Moriah Dru and Richard Lake Mysteries #1)

3.87 of 5 stars 3.87  ·  rating details  ·  39 ratings  ·  8 reviews
Moriah Dru’s weekend off with her lover, Lieutenant Richard Lake, is interrupted when Atlanta juvenile court judge Portia Devon hires Dru to find two sisters who’ve gone missing after their foster parents’ house burns down.

An ex-cop, Dru established Child Trace, Inc., after leaving the force. Judge Devon sees to it that Lake is assigned to head the police investigation, be
Published April 27th 2010 by Minotaur Books (first published March 31st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about The End Game, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The End Game

Meg
I really liked that this was set in Cabbagetown; I could picture exactly where they were. It was nice to read something set in Atlanta. The writing itself wasn't all that impressive, but it's a quick and easy read. I figured out the who (which NEVER happens) so that was weird for me. I'm not sure if that means it was written better or worse than other mysteries I've read.
Tina Whittle
My first outing with Gerrie Ferris Finger and her protagonist, Moriah Dru, but I'll certainly be back for more. Not a cozy by any means -- it centers its action on a child abduction and reveals horrific details about the real-life child slavery market -- the book is nonetheless very traditional. There are multiple clues to follow for readers who like to test themselves, and while the gore quotient is low, the tension is high. Tautly structured, with a plot firmly rooted in its characters' motive ...more
Larry
Moriah Dru is an ex-cop from the Atlanta PD who left and founded Child Trace, Inc., at the urging of juvenile court judge Portia Devon, a childhood friend. With her police background and romantic relationship with Lt. Richard Lake of the force, Ms. Dru has been in the forefront of many missing-child cases, but none, perhaps, as urgent as the one with which this book opens.

Her planned weekend off with Lt. Lake is interrupted by a call from the judge: a house fire has claimed the lives of two fost
Robin
A terrific debut, winner of the St. Martin's Malice Domestic contest. Despite the win, this book isn't really a cozy, though it's structure is very traditional. The main character works with the police to find missing children - in this one she's working with her cop boyfriend in the aftermath of a fire to find two missing sisters. While that set up isn't cozy, Finger still structures this as a locked room mystery (someone is murdered) and her detective visits each suspect in turn in an almost t ...more
Amy
This book is the winner of the Malice Domestic Best Traditional First Mystery Novel and is well deserving of this award.

Moriah Dru (Dru to her friends) is a former cop who now runs an investigation firm to find missing children. Her lover is Lt. Richard Lake, an Atlanta Police Detective. Together, they are assigned by Atlanta Juvenile Court Judge Portia Dawson to find 2 missing sisters after their foster parents home burns down.

Things are not what they seem (at first) and after a tip from a snit
Lisa
* I received this book through a first reads giveaway*
This book was great! I probably should have slowed down reading it, and maybe I would have figured it out before the characters did :) IT really keeps you guessing!
Richard Bradley
Mar 19, 2010 Richard Bradley marked it as to-read
The End Game features a strong new heroine in a vivid Southern setting. That's enough for me to know I want to read it.
Karen
This was a wonderful first book. Great setting, good twists in plot. I recommend it!
Jenn M
Jenn M marked it as to-read
Dec 15, 2014
Brittany
Brittany marked it as to-read
Nov 19, 2014
Patricia Mccammon
Patricia Mccammon marked it as to-read
Oct 30, 2014
E
E marked it as to-read
Aug 04, 2014
Moira Mcglynn
Moira Mcglynn marked it as to-read
May 11, 2014
May Enamorado
May Enamorado marked it as to-read
Apr 27, 2014
Don
Don marked it as to-read
Apr 09, 2014
Kelly
Kelly marked it as to-read
Feb 26, 2014
Patricia
Patricia marked it as to-read
Dec 12, 2013
Magdalena
Magdalena marked it as to-read
Oct 28, 2013
Jen
Jen marked it as to-read
Oct 27, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • Cabin Fever (Seamus McCree, #2)
  • The Odds (Richard Christie, #4)
  • Gun Shy (A Blanco County Mystery #5)
  • Stranger Will
  • Nephilim Genesis of Evil
  • A Beggars Purse
  • The First Cut (Nan Vining Mysteries, #1)
  • Sign of the Cross
  • Boulevard (Hayden Glass, #1)
  • Drink the Tea: A Mystery
  • Moondogs
  • Liar, Liar (Cat DeLuca Mysteries, #1)
  • Till the Cows Come Home (Stella Crown Mystery, #1)
  • Castle
  • Castle Lake
  • Malice in the Highlands (Erskine Powell, #1)
  • The Weaver's Loom
  • Faithful Unto Death
Former journalist and novelist, Gerrie, won the St. Martin's Minotaur award for the Best First Traditional Novel of 2009 THE END GAME.
THE GHOST SHIP and WHISPERING were released in late 2011.
MERCILESS, a novella, 2012.
HEARTLESS, a novella, 2012.
Read all three books in the Laura Kate Plantation Series: WHEN SERPENTS DIE, HONORED DAUGHTERS, WAGON DOGS.
THE LAST TEMPTATION sequel to THE END GAME rele
More about Gerrie Ferris Finger...
The Ghost Ship Whispering Murmurs of Insanity The Devil Laughed The Last Temptation