Start by marking “The End Game: A Mystery” as Want to Read:
The End Game: A Mystery

The End Game: A Mystery (Moriah Dru and Richard Lake Mysteries #1)

3.74  ·  Rating Details  ·  47 Ratings  ·  9 Reviews
Moriah Dru’s weekend off with her lover, Lieutenant Richard Lake, is interrupted when Atlanta juvenile court judge Portia Devon hires Dru to find two sisters who’ve gone missing after their foster parents’ house burns down.

An ex-cop, Dru established Child Trace, Inc., after leaving the force. Judge Devon sees to it that Lake is assigned to head the police investigation, be
Published April 27th 2010 by Minotaur Books (first published March 31st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about The End Game, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The End Game

Meg
Apr 15, 2011 Meg rated it liked it
Shelves: 2011-books
I really liked that this was set in Cabbagetown; I could picture exactly where they were. It was nice to read something set in Atlanta. The writing itself wasn't all that impressive, but it's a quick and easy read. I figured out the who (which NEVER happens) so that was weird for me. I'm not sure if that means it was written better or worse than other mysteries I've read.
Tina Whittle
Aug 05, 2010 Tina Whittle rated it it was amazing
My first outing with Gerrie Ferris Finger and her protagonist, Moriah Dru, but I'll certainly be back for more. Not a cozy by any means -- it centers its action on a child abduction and reveals horrific details about the real-life child slavery market -- the book is nonetheless very traditional. There are multiple clues to follow for readers who like to test themselves, and while the gore quotient is low, the tension is high. Tautly structured, with a plot firmly rooted in its characters' motive ...more
Larry
May 22, 2010 Larry rated it really liked it
Moriah Dru is an ex-cop from the Atlanta PD who left and founded Child Trace, Inc., at the urging of juvenile court judge Portia Devon, a childhood friend. With her police background and romantic relationship with Lt. Richard Lake of the force, Ms. Dru has been in the forefront of many missing-child cases, but none, perhaps, as urgent as the one with which this book opens.

Her planned weekend off with Lt. Lake is interrupted by a call from the judge: a house fire has claimed the lives of two fost
Robin
Jun 02, 2010 Robin rated it it was amazing
A terrific debut, winner of the St. Martin's Malice Domestic contest. Despite the win, this book isn't really a cozy, though it's structure is very traditional. The main character works with the police to find missing children - in this one she's working with her cop boyfriend in the aftermath of a fire to find two missing sisters. While that set up isn't cozy, Finger still structures this as a locked room mystery (someone is murdered) and her detective visits each suspect in turn in an almost t ...more
Amy
May 20, 2014 Amy rated it it was amazing
Shelves: debut, mystery-pi
This book is the winner of the Malice Domestic Best Traditional First Mystery Novel and is well deserving of this award.

Moriah Dru (Dru to her friends) is a former cop who now runs an investigation firm to find missing children. Her lover is Lt. Richard Lake, an Atlanta Police Detective. Together, they are assigned by Atlanta Juvenile Court Judge Portia Dawson to find 2 missing sisters after their foster parents home burns down.

Things are not what they seem (at first) and after a tip from a snit
Sherry Wheeler
Apr 21, 2015 Sherry Wheeler rated it liked it
This was a good mystery about a small town where foster children are disappearing. The culprit is not who you think it is.
Lisa
Dec 25, 2010 Lisa rated it really liked it
* I received this book through a first reads giveaway*
This book was great! I probably should have slowed down reading it, and maybe I would have figured it out before the characters did :) IT really keeps you guessing!
Richard Bradley
Mar 19, 2010 Richard Bradley marked it as to-read
The End Game features a strong new heroine in a vivid Southern setting. That's enough for me to know I want to read it.
Karen
Nov 24, 2010 Karen rated it it was amazing
This was a wonderful first book. Great setting, good twists in plot. I recommend it!
Jake Wozniak
Jake Wozniak rated it really liked it
Jun 05, 2016
Robin Leslie Coxon
Robin Leslie Coxon marked it as to-read
May 24, 2016
Elizabeth Diedrich
Elizabeth Diedrich marked it as to-read
May 14, 2016
Charity Leanna
Charity Leanna rated it it was ok
May 13, 2016
Nancy
Nancy marked it as to-read
Feb 22, 2016
Darica
Darica rated it it was ok
Mar 05, 2016
Ilene Harris
Ilene Harris marked it as to-read
Feb 13, 2016
Ian Donnelly
Ian Donnelly marked it as to-read
Feb 01, 2016
Truff
Truff rated it liked it
Jan 13, 2016
Louise
Louise marked it as to-read
Jan 11, 2016
Beth
Beth rated it really liked it
Dec 29, 2015
K.C.
K.C. marked it as to-read
Nov 14, 2015
Angelia
Angelia marked it as to-read
Sep 04, 2015
Janice
Janice marked it as to-read
Jul 10, 2015
Christine
Christine marked it as to-read
Jun 12, 2015
Kim
Kim marked it as to-read
Jun 09, 2015
Tess
Tess marked it as to-read
Mar 28, 2015
Sweetpea
Sweetpea marked it as to-read
Mar 21, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • Cabin Fever (Seamus McCree, #2)
  • What Burns Within
  • Gun Shy (A Blanco County Mystery #5)
  • Three Bedrooms, Two Baths, One Very Dead Corpse
  • The Odds (Richard Christie, #4)
  • The First Cut (Nan Vining Mysteries, #1)
  • Life In Miniature
  • Thief (Sevy, #1)
  • Liar, Liar (Cat DeLuca Mysteries, #1)
  • I'm Not Your Eve!
  • Mirror Image
  • Lost in Lexicon: An Adventure in Words and Numbers
  • Boulevard (Hayden Glass, #1)
  • Drink the Tea
  • Edges
  • Evil Intent
  • Brilliant Disguise (The Charlie McClung Mysteries, #1)
  • Jumble Tales
Former journalist and novelist, Gerrie, won the St. Martin's Minotaur award for the Best First Traditional Novel of 2009 THE END GAME.
THE GHOST SHIP and WHISPERING were released in late 2011.
MERCILESS, a novella, 2012.
HEARTLESS, a novella, 2012.
Read all three books in the Laura Kate Plantation Series: WHEN SERPENTS DIE, HONORED DAUGHTERS, WAGON DOGS.
THE LAST TEMPTATION sequel to THE END GAME rele
More about Gerrie Ferris Finger...

Moriah Dru and Richard Lake Mysteries (3 books)
  • The Last Temptation