Start by marking “Seven Complete Nero Wolfe Novels (The Silent Speaker, Might As Well Be Dead / If Death Ever Slept / Three at Wolfe's Door / Gambit / Please Pass the Guilt/ A Family Affair)” as Want to Read:

4.48 of 5 stars 4.48  ·  rating details  ·  124 ratings  ·  6 reviews
Complete and Unabridged. Includes seven complete Nero Wolfe Novels; The Silent Speaker, Might as Well Be Dead, If Death Ever Slept, 3 at Wolfe's Door, Gambit, Please Pass the Guilt, A Family Affair.
Published August 11th 1990 by Random House Value Publishing (first published 1983)

To ask other readers questions about Seven Complete Nero Wolfe Novels, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Seven Complete Nero Wolfe Novels

M. J.
Sometimes several titles are put in one book because they are closely related sequential stories, as we find with, say, The Chronicles of Narnia, or the Skeeve and Ahz Mythadventures. Sometimes it is done because there is one famous title and a batch of others that won't sell without riding on the coattails of the one, possibly for good reason. Sometimes a collection is a "best of", someone's chosen favorites. It is difficult for me to say whether this is that last type, as I have only read thre ...more
Cashman
Again, childhood reading for me, re-read during an extended stay in Louisiana. (I forget which exact titles I re-read this time, but know in earlier days I read the whole series.) I enjoy these mysteries for the preposterousness of many of the characters; no post-modern irony here, but each could be in many ways a caricature of him- or her-self. I also read one of the "continuations" of the series: talk about caricatures and precious prose!

I think at this point in my life I like the idea of Nero
Emily M
Rex Stout is a fantastic mystery. His characters are meticulously drawn and brilliantly conceived. Each mystery is fascinating--the reader is bound to learn a great deal about history, trivia, culture, and society all while enjoying the story. I love a book that teaches while it entertains.
Molly Hansen
Rex Stout is always a comfortable read for me, and I've read the entire Nero Wolfe series. I like to take Nero Wolfe with me when I travel, so for me, the more stories the better!
Ruffin
classic mystery lovers. gambit was my favorite. please pass the guilt was disappointing, mostly because the absurd placement of LSD.
Susan
I read these separately, but am amalgamating my reviews here.
Jo Ann
Jo Ann marked it as to-read
Apr 21, 2015
David
David marked it as to-read
Apr 21, 2015
Ruth
Ruth marked it as to-read
Mar 06, 2015
Alex
Alex marked it as to-read
Mar 05, 2015
Thay
Thay marked it as to-read
Feb 18, 2015
Gregg
Gregg marked it as to-read
Jan 23, 2015
Jeff
Jeff added it
Dec 27, 2014
Kerrie Sheaves
Kerrie Sheaves marked it as to-read
Dec 06, 2014
Ted
Ted marked it as to-read
Nov 25, 2014
Heather
Heather marked it as to-read
Nov 03, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • The Last Coincidence (Rex Stout's Nero Wolfe)
  • Murder for Christmas
  • The Case of the Mythical Monkeys (Perry Mason Mystery)
  • The Origin of Evil
  • The New Adventures of Sherlock Holmes
  • The Ice Cradle: A Novel from the Ghost Files
  • The 38 Million Dollar Smile (Donald Strachey, #10)
  • Southern Ghost (Death on Demand, #8)
  • More Beer
  • More From the No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency: Blue Shoes and Happiness / The Good Husband of Zebra Drive
  • Gonna Take a Homicidal Journey (Lauren Laurano, #5)
  • When One Man Dies
  • Murder in Clichy (Aimee Leduc Investigations, #5)
  • Troublemaker (Dave Brandstetter, #3)
  • Stolen Lives (Jade de Jong, #2)
  • Dying in the Dark (Tamara Hayle, #7)
Rex Todhunter Stout (December 1, 1886 – October 27, 1975) was an American crime writer, best known as the creator of the larger-than-life fictional detective Nero Wolfe, described by reviewer Will Cuppy as "that Falstaff of detectives." Wolfe's assistant Archie Goodwin recorded the cases of the detective genius from 1934 (Fer-de-Lance) to 1975 (A Family Affair).

The Nero Wolfe corpus was nominated
More about Rex Stout...
Fer-de-Lance (Nero Wolfe, #1) Too Many Cooks (Nero Wolfe, #5) Some Buried Caesar (Nero Wolfe, #6) The League of Frightened Men (Nero Wolfe, #2) Black Orchids (Nero Wolfe, #9)