Start by marking “Seven Complete Nero Wolfe Novels (The Silent Speaker, Might As Well Be Dead / If Death Ever Slept / Three at Wolfe's Door / Gambit / Please Pass the Guilt/ A Family Affair)” as Want to Read:

4.48  ·  Rating Details  ·  132 Ratings  ·  6 Reviews
Complete and Unabridged. Includes seven complete Nero Wolfe Novels; The Silent Speaker, Might as Well Be Dead, If Death Ever Slept, 3 at Wolfe's Door, Gambit, Please Pass the Guilt, A Family Affair.
Published August 11th 1990 by Random House Value Publishing (first published 1983)

To ask other readers questions about Seven Complete Nero Wolfe Novels, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Seven Complete Nero Wolfe Novels

M. J.
Jan 02, 2014 M. J. rated it liked it
Shelves: read-fiction
Sometimes several titles are put in one book because they are closely related sequential stories, as we find with, say, The Chronicles of Narnia, or the Skeeve and Ahz Mythadventures. Sometimes it is done because there is one famous title and a batch of others that won't sell without riding on the coattails of the one, possibly for good reason. Sometimes a collection is a "best of", someone's chosen favorites. It is difficult for me to say whether this is that last type, as I have only read thre ...more
Cashman
Again, childhood reading for me, re-read during an extended stay in Louisiana. (I forget which exact titles I re-read this time, but know in earlier days I read the whole series.) I enjoy these mysteries for the preposterousness of many of the characters; no post-modern irony here, but each could be in many ways a caricature of him- or her-self. I also read one of the "continuations" of the series: talk about caricatures and precious prose!

I think at this point in my life I like the idea of Nero
Emily M
Jun 08, 2009 Emily M rated it really liked it
Rex Stout is a fantastic mystery. His characters are meticulously drawn and brilliantly conceived. Each mystery is fascinating--the reader is bound to learn a great deal about history, trivia, culture, and society all while enjoying the story. I love a book that teaches while it entertains.
Molly Hansen
Rex Stout is always a comfortable read for me, and I've read the entire Nero Wolfe series. I like to take Nero Wolfe with me when I travel, so for me, the more stories the better!
Ruffin
Jul 18, 2007 Ruffin rated it liked it
Shelves: mystery
classic mystery lovers. gambit was my favorite. please pass the guilt was disappointing, mostly because the absurd placement of LSD.
Susan
May 24, 2008 Susan rated it really liked it
Shelves: fiction, mystery
I read these separately, but am amalgamating my reviews here.
Patricia Mccammon
Patricia Mccammon rated it liked it
Jan 27, 2016
Jeff Calden
Jeff Calden rated it it was amazing
Jan 27, 2016
thomas jackson
thomas jackson rated it liked it
Jan 21, 2016
Mona Howard
Mona Howard rated it it was amazing
Jan 02, 2016
Bob
Bob marked it as to-read
Dec 30, 2015
S. Myatt
S. Myatt rated it it was amazing
Dec 27, 2015
Jenn M
Jenn M marked it as to-read
Dec 16, 2015
Challa Patchett
Challa Patchett marked it as to-read
Dec 10, 2015
David Crockett
David Crockett rated it it was amazing
Nov 23, 2015
Conerstone
Conerstone marked it as to-read
Dec 12, 2015
Jason
Jason marked it as to-read
Sep 11, 2015
Ascher Flynn
Ascher Flynn marked it as to-read
Sep 08, 2015
William Pinder
William Pinder marked it as to-read
Sep 05, 2015
G Gneiser
G Gneiser is currently reading it
Sep 05, 2015
Susan Maranto
Susan Maranto rated it it was amazing
Sep 04, 2015
D. Manuel
D. Manuel marked it as to-read
Aug 27, 2015
Sheira Cohen
Sheira Cohen marked it as to-read
Aug 23, 2015
Wayne
Wayne rated it really liked it
Aug 17, 2015
David Sharp
David Sharp marked it as to-read
Aug 03, 2015
Rickdmyers
Rickdmyers marked it as to-read
Jul 31, 2015
Eldon
Eldon marked it as to-read
Jul 27, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • Murder in E Minor
  • The Origin of Evil
  • The Case of the Mythical Monkeys (Perry Mason Mystery)
  • Murder for Christmas
  • More From the No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency: Blue Shoes and Happiness / The Good Husband of Zebra Drive
  • Gonna Take a Homicidal Journey (Lauren Laurano, #5)
  • When One Man Dies (Jackson Donne, #1)
  • The 38 Million Dollar Smile (Donald Strachey, #10)
  • More Beer
  • Smallbone Deceased (Inspector Hazelrigg, #4)
  • Chicago Lightning
  • Stolen Lives (Jade de Jong, #2)
  • Murder in Clichy (Aimee Leduc Investigations, #5)
  • The New Adventures of Sherlock Holmes
  • Selbs Mord (Selb, #3)
  • Southern Ghost (Death on Demand, #8)
Rex Todhunter Stout (December 1, 1886 – October 27, 1975) was an American crime writer, best known as the creator of the larger-than-life fictional detective Nero Wolfe, described by reviewer Will Cuppy as "that Falstaff of detectives." Wolfe's assistant Archie Goodwin recorded the cases of the detective genius from 1934 (Fer-de-Lance) to 1975 (A Family Affair).

The Nero Wolfe corpus was nominated