Start by marking “Veiled Desire (Veiled, #1)” as Want to Read:
Veiled Desire (Veiled, #1)

Veiled Desire (Veiled #1)

3.68 of 5 stars 3.68  ·  rating details  ·  152 ratings  ·  19 reviews
Look, but don't touch...

Leyla Karimi can't keep her eyes off the hunky guy living in the house behind her. How could any woman resist ogling Dr. Mason Barrett, especially when he makes it so easy by parading around in his skin and skivvies?

If it was only their age difference, she would have made a move a long time ago. Except Mason is more than a neighbor. He's her baby br
Published February 2nd 2010 by Samhain (first published December 17th 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Veiled Desire, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Veiled Desire

Mandi Schreiner
Mason and Leyla are neighbors that have known each other since childhood. When their parents all died in a car accident, Mason pretty much moved in with Leyla and her brother Sasha. She was the strong one who got them through difficult times. Now, as adults they have stayed close but things are about to change. Leyla can see into Mason’s house from her patio, and what she sees is Mason strutting around in his undies..and oh what a body he has. As she guiltily watches him, he calls her and totall ...more
Ridley
Originally posted at Love in the Margins.

Leyla Karimi can’t help herself. If her smoking-hot neighbor’s going to walk around in his underwear with no blinds in the windows while she’s sitting on her back patio one night after work, well, she’s just going to go ahead and watch. Nevermind that Dr. Mason Barrett is four years her junior and her younger brother’s best friend. She’s just going to look with her eyes, not with her hands. No harm, no foul, right?

Only problem is that Dr. Hottie’s noticed
Sophia (FV)
Veiled Desire is the first book I’ve read by Alisha Rai. It’s a charming and romantic story of a slightly older woman, (only by 4 years) who finds herself attracted to her younger brother’s best friend Mason. Mason lives in the house behind Leyla’s and has been carrying a torch for her for quite some time. They have a long history together having grown up very close and now he feels the time is right for seduction.

Leyla has been a sort of mother figure to Mason and her younger brother due to ci
Nisha
A cute older woman, friends-to-lovers IR.

Leyla is a 31 year old woman who starts of peeping on her younger brother's best friend. She has basically raised the boys 10 years ago, but now Mason is no longer the chubby surrogate younger brother. He's one hunky doctor, who cooks. Mason is only 4 years younger, but along with the unspoken rule not to sleep with your best friend's sister, Leyla has been a mother-figure since the death of his father. The real complication is Mr. younger brother, neith
Marie
Leyla and Mason have been friends since they were kids, in fact, she raised him. Along with her younger brother. So that might explain why Leyla's older brother Sasha is super over protective of his older sister. Both Leyla and Mason have a secret, they're both lusting for each other. It only got worse when Mason decided to rent the house behind Leyla's when she decided to move out on her own.... and he didn't bother to invest in blinds or curtains for his home.

The story was short... but to the
Beate
After reading only one book by Ms Rai, I knew she would quickly become one of my favorite authors. This book lives up to that expectation in every way. Mr Rai's writing pulls you into the story from the very first page. The characters are so well written and so well rounded, it makes you feel as if you're right there with them.

Some books you can't wait to reach the ending because you just don't connect all that well with the characters, and some books you just want to last forever. Alisha Rai's
Marikka
This book just... Ugh, this little book is just charming with charming characters. My biggest issue with this book was that it was shorter than I wanted. I wanted to read more about Leyla and Mason. I wanted to spend more time huddled away with them as they fell in love.
Utah Romance Reader
Great, despite it being a novella, which I don't usually like.
EB
Alisha Rai just gets me. *happy sigh*
Melanie (Moviemavengal)
Heard about this novella through Ridley's blog, Love in the Margins, and I'm glad I did.

Very hot, especially the opening scene of the book. Drew me right in, and it was a quick read. I liked that the heroine was of Iranian background, which is a nice change of pace. That means she's not interested in a one night stand, basically, which is just fine with her baby brother's best friend, who's been in secretly in love with her for months.
Liz B
Short, sexy, and romantic. The heroine lives next door to her younger brother's best friend. And the friend is hot. Turns out he thinks she's hot, too, and we get a sweet friends-to-lovers story with some great dialogue.

I enjoyed this enough that I went straight back to Amazon as soon as I finished and bought the next one.
Sabina
Wow! Loved loved loved this book. Read it all in one sitting and didn't want it to end. The love story is emotionally deep and sexy at the same time. The sex scenes pack a big punch. Very satisfying read. Highly recommend to anyone who loves erotica and romance.
Vi
Love this story of an inter-racial couple. The heroine works in retail, so I can relate to her easily.
Katherine O'Grady
I enjoyed this sweet, sexy love story. It is a well-done friends-to-lovers story.

(Bought from Kobo.)
Sharon
I love Alisha's voice and really enjoyed this book. It was a quick, enjoyable read.
Marquetta (LoveToReadForFun)
I am a sucker for a good friends to lovers story and his one did not disappoint.
Michelle the Romance Witch
3.5 stars...hottt & funny. Sweet & sensual.
Danielle
Short, cute and hot read :)
Shelley
Emma
Emma marked it as to-read
May 10, 2015
Tereza Moschou
Tereza Moschou marked it as to-read
Apr 11, 2015
Bodacious
Bodacious marked it as to-read
Apr 09, 2015
Sabrina The Book Lover
Sabrina The Book Lover marked it as to-read
Apr 02, 2015
  • French Kiss
  • Hot Under the Collar (Lords of Lancashire #2)
  • The Fancy (The Fancy Series #1)
  • Zora's Chance (Trescott Cove, #1.5)
  • The Wicked West
  • After the Storm
  • Cutting To The Chase
  • The Accidental Mistress
  • Toy Soldiers
  • Fallen (Dark God Saga, #1)
  • Caught Up In The Rapture
  • Rough Edges

Veiled (2 books)
  • Veiled Seduction (Veiled, #2)
Glutton for Pleasure Hot as Hades Play With Me (Bedroom Games, #1) A Gentleman in the Street Cabin Fever