Start by marking “New King James Version 625bg Scofield Study” as Want to Read:
Blank-133x176
New King James Version...

Anonymous

New King James Version 625bg Scofield Study

4.63 of 5 stars 4.63  ·  rating details  ·  214 ratings  ·  26 reviews
Red letter
16 pages of full-color maps with index
Smyth-sewn
1,616 pp.
Hardcover
Published October 17th 1989 by Thomas Nelson (first published 1945)

To ask other readers questions about New King James Version 625bg Scofield Study, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about New King James Version 625bg Scofield Study

Mike Pate
Mar 10, 2011 Mike Pate rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everyone seeking God
The King James Bible is God's perserved word for English speaking people!
I LOVE MY BIBLE!!!
Mackenzie Dare
No greater book in the world to read! The light to our path. The instruction book of life. The book to remove all fear and give an everlasting hope. Our letter from God. The map to heaven. The recipes for love, joy, peace, faith, endurance, and strength. It tells us how to live and how to make life work. It's the only book any person really needs, and everyone really needs it! The Bible is the most special treasure any person can ever own!
HELLO
i am not particularly religious but i keep this bible as a reference. scofield's notes and date markings make this bible an exceptional reference. it is affordable as well. my only beef is that these bibles are not made to the same standard of quality as they once were. mine came with slightly crumpled pages and was printed in korea
April Carter
I love this bible! KJV is the only version worth reading. The other bibles are human based, being made and constantly changed to suit peoples desires and sin. Satan is trying to mar KJV but, thankfully, there are many KJV bibles that are untouched!
Milly Hunter
This book wan not like reading a newspaper, it became alive...as if the words were reading me "just where I was at." This is the greatest of all books, and it brought me to a LIVING RELATIONSHIP WITH GOD THROUGH THE HIS SON AND SAVIOR JESUS CHRIST.

However, I recommend that before reading you get to know this Eternal Author of LIFE, made flesh through Jesus Christ, WHO DIED FOR THE SINS OF THE WORLD), the great mediator between God and man).

This book reflects the image and the purpose of man, c
Kathleen Dixon
It's interesting to try to put oneself back a century ago. I'm wondering what it could have been like to be the ordinary bloke?blokess who didn't have access to scholarship but who had an enquiring mind. I can see that this annotated bible would have been a remarkable and e3xciting study guide for many, many people.

I came to a study of Christianity off the stgreet, not through academia originally, and I was very fortunate to discover, almost immediately, some modern (metaphorical, etc.) thinkers
Legsoffury
I have read several editions of the Bible, including Thomas Chain Reference, Ryrie Study Bible, the Message (interpretation), Interlinear. I have read the most in the following translations: NIV, KJV, direct literal, NKJV.

The Scofield, in my opinion, has the best balance of helpful objective notes and commentary. I have found problematic subjective interpretation in many other editions of the Bible. Sometimes it isn't in the footnotes but rather in the 100 or so extra pages after the book of Re
Randy
Living life as a Christian and a Leader is challenging, but we are called to where we are, to live passionately, honestly with love - to this time & place
Jun 30, 2012 Laura rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Laura by: Uncle Charlie
Shelves: my-favorites
Mine is an old copy that my uncle gave to me years ago. It's falling apart. Years ago, my first bible was an NIV and I memorized quite a bit of scripture out of that, but I've found the KJV to be the one English translation that should serve as the foundation of my scripture reading and memory work and the others as reference. This Old Scofield version has a lot of helpful analysis and notes. It's not as busy as the Thompson Chain Reference, which I like as well.
Stephen
The Bible, the Scriptures of the Old Testament and the New Testament, preserved for us in the Masoretic text (Old Testament) Textus Receptus (New Testament) and in the King James Bible, is verbally and plenarily inspired of God. It is the inspired, inerrant, infallible, and altogether authentic, accurate and authoritative Word of God, therefore the supreme and final authority in all things (II Tim. 3:16-17; II Peter 1:21; Rev. 22:18-19).
Amanda Fate
1917 edition means in some cases notes could be updated, as in scofield bible III. That being said I just love this bible. It is a fantastic reference bible with great insights into each chapter of the bible. On the nook the notes follow each short section very handy. I don't however always agree with Scofield's conclusions. My first bible was a scofield bible so I may have a preference for it partly because of that.
Sharon
I have enjoyed this bible more than any I have ever had.
My reading it @ 50 years old was the most spiritual and clear experience that I have ever felt. You will learn the difference between knowledge, wisdom, hearing and understanding. There is no way to rate thid book.
Barry Whitaker
The Word of God is inspired not the words of Cyrus I. Scofield. Mr. Scofield fell short in his notes to the reader which forced me to return to my old worn King James and this book back in its box.
Judy Berisford
Study Bible in the trusted King James Version.Be sure to read the Introductions as I(personally) felt a bit confused on how to read this particular study Bible.That is my only criticism.
Michael
All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness.
Jenny
Aug 09, 2008 Jenny rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: everyone!
I have read the Bible 5 times through. I am now reading it for the 6th time. I daily read it, through God's Word, I can be helped each day!
Jerel
Great study Bible! As a Pastor, I'm a Bible lover/collector and this is one of my fave's.
Michelle R
I used this bible to study "The Excellent Wife" and "The Seer".
VocalBillity - the Voice of one crying in the Bewilderness (tm)
This is my weekly reader, and one that I have owned since 1978!
Tiffany
how to live my life more and more like Jesus Christ.
Matt
Definitely the best study Bible available.
Kerri

Nothing is better than reading Gods' Word
Julie Unruh
Many times, many times I have read it
Rhonda Jones
The Bible is the Best book to read.
Dakota
Dec 15, 2011 Dakota rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everyone
Shelves: favorites
God's Word at it's Best!
Michael
This Bible is great for studying the Bible. Scofield and the other authors have done a great job with explaining certain terms, traditions, and verses of which I agree with the majority of. I love my Bible!
  • More Jesus, Less Religion: Moving from Rules to Relationship
  • Complete Jewish Bible : An English Version of the Tanakh (Old Testament) and B'Rit Hadashah (New Testament)
  • The Genesis Record: A Scientific and Devotional Commentary on the Book of Beginnings
  • If Not for the Grace of God: Learning to Live Independent of Frustrations and Struggles
  • Storm Warning
  • Praying the Psalms
  • Let the Journey Begin: God's Roadmap for New Beginnings
  • The Practice of God's Presence
  • Hard Sayings of Jesus
  • Scribbling in the Sand
  • Catholic and Christian: An Explanation of Commonly Misunderstood Catholic Beliefs
  • The Collected Letters of C.S. Lewis, Volume 2
  • Book of Mormon Reference Companion
  • Fields of the Fatherless: Discover the Joy of Compassionate Living
  • Evidence That Demands a Verdict, 2
  • One Church Many Tribes: Following Jesus the Way God Made You
  • Mind Siege: The Battle for Truth
  • What's So Amazing about Grace? Study Guide
Books can be attributed to "Anonymous" for several reasons:

* They are officially published under that name
* They are traditional stories not attributed to a specific author
* They are religious texts not generally attributed to a specific author

Books whose authorship is merely uncertain should be attributed to Unknown.
More about Anonymous...
Holy Bible: King James Version The Arabian Nights: Tales from a Thousand and One Nights The Epic of Gilgamesh Holy Bible: New International Version The Quran

“That the Christian now inherits the distinctive Jewish promises is not taught in Scripture.” 0 likes
“That Israel has not been forever set aside is the theme of this chapter. (1) The salvation of Paul proves that there is still a remnant (v.1) (2) The doctrine of the remnant proves it (vs 2-6). (3) The present national unbelief was foreseen (vs 7-10). (4) Israel's unbelief is the Gentile opportunity (vs 11-25). (5) Israel is judicially broken off from the good olive tree, Christ (vs. 17-22). (6) They are to be grafted in again (vs 23,24). (7) The promised Deliverer will come out of Zion and the nation will be saved (vs 25-29). That the Christian now inherits the distinctive Jewish promises is not taught in Scripture.” 0 likes