Start by marking “Mistress: Hired for the Billionaire's Pleasure” as Want to Read:
Mistress: Hired for the Billionaire's Pleasure

Mistress: Hired for the Billionaire's Pleasure (Hired: For the Boss's Pleasure #2)

3.35 of 5 stars 3.35  ·  rating details  ·  131 ratings  ·  19 reviews
Fast cars, glamorous socialites--everyday components of devastatingly handsome billionaire Orlando Winterton's thrilling, decadent lifestyle...When Rachel arrives at Orlando's remote country estate in desperate need, Orlando cannot deny the pull of her fragile beauty, and takes her passionately. Then a baby is found abandoned on Orlando's doorstep--allegedly his son!Now Or ...more
Published February 1st 2009 by Harlequin Presents Extra (first published August 1st 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Mistress, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mistress

Andrea Guy
The title of this book is a bit deceiving. You would really think that this story was about a power hungry man out to keep a woman for his own bidding. The back blurb isn't accurate either, as the child is not left on Orlando's doorstep, but is brought to him by his former lover.

its a same that the two things don't really provide a better account of what the story is about, because it may turn some readers away from a really good book.

In fact this story is much like a modern day fairy tale. It's
Marilyn
India Grey has written a spectacular and moving love story in Mistress: Hired for the Billionaire’s Pleasure. Bravo and magnifco would be the way to describe this story as it’s about courage, strength, bravery and determination.

India’s English alpha is a competitive, proud and determined man who is tortured because he has a degenerative eye disease which has forced him to leave the RAF something he loves more than life. He’s recently lost his brother when his RAF plane crashed. All through their
Mojca
Danielle
Megan
Midway through this book, I wasn't sure I'd finish it. The mistaken assumptions and refusals to communicate were just too frustrating. I know, I know, and believe me, I knew what I was getting into, reading a Harlequin Presents. I had liked the beginning, the gothic-y feel of the hero and heroine meeting in a cemetery, the heroine running away from her own wedding during a rainstorm and finding herself drawn to the expansive estate of the brooding, mysterious hero. Their initial interactions wer ...more
Ann
owlrigh
Rhapsody
Mar 14, 2010 Rhapsody marked it as romance-to-read  ·  review of another edition
Haven't read this one yet but Nalini Singh commented on it in her blog and it sounds terrific.
Elizabeth
This power dynamic in this one made my crazy.
Estara
Katerina Dina
The description writen for this book is TOTALY NOT RIGHT!!!
She was not hired. ugh don't know where to start correcting!!

My description:
The life of the best pilot, Orlando Winterton is abruptly changed the moment a serious eye problem forces him to give flying up. He isolates himself hiding the fact that he's graduately going blind. Until one day, when Rachel, famous pianist, appears at his door asking for help.
Her unique, delicate beauty awakens his desires and everything he's sworn to forget f
Khim
Een heerlijk romannetje voor tussendoor. Deze was niet te soepsappig. Deze ging echt ergens over. Je leest over Rachel die op het punt stond om in het huwelijk te treden, maar ze vlucht. Ze ontmoet Orlando bij het graf van z'n broer. Kort daarna nadat ze een aanrijding krijgt vangt Orlando Rachel op en ze mag voor zolang bij hem overnachten. Orlando heeft een oogziekte en is zo goed als blind, maar dat wil hij Rachel niet vertellen en doet net alsof er niks aan de hand is. Rachel is een succesvo ...more
Aarati
First of all, what is up with the title? The story is about a man struggling with losing his sight and a woman who seeks refuge at his home.. I call false advertising!

I loved the angsty hero, but that's where my enjoyment of the book tapered. The self-described "impractical" heroine bored me to tears with her fragile perfection. Seriously though, she was a mouse - there was one scene where she was afraid to HOLD A KNIFE because she might damage her fingers (and no, being a concert pianist isn't
Lou
I really have no idea what the title was supposed to have in common with the content. The story is rather sweet and much less sensational - all based around the traditional miscommunications, naturally. A quick, light read.
Cait Miller
Good story, worst title ever - not only because it's a terrible title but also because it only relates to the story by the thinnest thread. The heroine isn't his mistress, nor is she paid to do anything.
Kerensa
eBook from Mills & Boone. Really bad title, for a very nice book, about a man going blind, and a concert pianist. There were a few "misunderstandings," but they were resolved pretty fast.
Liz Fielding
Moving story with a powerful hero, heart rending heroine. The title is a bad joke.
Karyn
I'm on some Harlequin trip and i can't seem to stop. Sigh
Tonya Warner
Joanna
Joanna added it
Aug 08, 2015
Tan Ching
Tan Ching marked it as to-read
Aug 05, 2015
Phyllis Zyambo
Phyllis Zyambo marked it as to-read
Aug 03, 2015
Kerry
Kerry marked it as to-read
Aug 02, 2015
Joelle.bcn
Joelle.bcn marked it as to-read
Jul 25, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • Pleasure, Pregnancy and a Proposition (Harlequin Presents #2809)
  • Bedded And Wedded For Revenge (Modern Romance)
  • Taken by the Highest Bidder
  • The Sheikh's Virgin Princess
  • The Billionaire's Baby Negotiation
  • Love: Undercover (The Doolittle Stories, #2)
  • Zoe and the Tormented Tycoon (The Balfour Brides #5)
  • Princess in the Iron Mask
  • The Master Player
  • The Spaniard's Marriage Bargain (The Marriage Bargain, #1)
  • The Sheikh's Unwilling Wife
  • The Italian Boss's Mistress Of Revenge
  • The Player
  • One Unashamed Night (Wellinghams, #2)
  • The Billionaire Boss's Secretary Bride
  • Bring Him Home (Special Forces, #3)
  • The Markonos Bride
  • Manhattan Merger
India Grey was born in England, UK. A self-confessed romance junkie, she was just thirteen years old when she first sent away for the Mills & Boon Writers' Guidelines. She can still recall the thrill of getting the large brown envelope with its distinctive logo through the letterbox, and subsequently whiled away many a dull school-day staring out the window and dreaming of the perfect hero. Sh ...more
More about India Grey...

Hired: For the Boss's Pleasure (4 books)
  • The Billionaire Boss's Innocent Bride
  • Her Ruthless Italian Boss (Harlequin Presents Extra: Hired: for the Boss's Pleasure)
  • Mediterranean Boss, Convenient Mistress (Romance)
Her Last Night of Innocence Craving the Forbidden (The Fitzroy Legacy #1) The Society Wife Powerful Italian, Penniless Housekeeper Emily and the Notorious Prince (The Balfour Brides #3)