Start by marking “Remembrance” as Want to Read:
Remembrance

Remembrance

3.77 of 5 stars 3.77  ·  rating details  ·  4,850 ratings  ·  62 reviews
Her beloved Italian homeland shattered in the wake of World War II, exquisite Serena, Principessa di San Tibaldo, has nothing left except her name, her ancestry... and her heart which she gives completely and forever to Major Brad Fullerton. But not even Brad's ring—or his child—can protect her from the calculating wrath of the powerful Fullerton dynasty, and the woman who ...more
Published November 1st 1993 by Dell (first published 1981)

To ask other readers questions about Remembrance, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Remembrance

Julie Barrett
Remembrance by Danielle Steel
Saraina feels like she's been on the train for days and she has been. Others see the pain in her eyes...
She had lived 4 years with the sisters in upstate NY and now she was on her way back home. The war has ended and her home has been under terror.
She's back home but Sergio has sold all of her familys possessions and she knows she will get revenge.
She is hoping to get a job cleaning her old house...the house is being rented from the Army. A major is in residence. Ma
Kathaileen
Swetha
There are a few books that you can connect yourself to not even knowing why. This was one such book for me. I remember reading it while traveling and though the beauty outside was so alluring, I could not bring myself to stop reading this book. you have to read it to understand what I am trying to say. =)
Bluejamist
Back in the day when adult romances were all I read (though I was far from being an adult then), this book was my ultimate literary buddy. I'd sleep with it, tuck it with me to bed, and carry it everywhere around the house. I probably brought it to school a few times, too, a pocket-sized haven during those gruelling Math hours. I did a lot of crying while reading it; I cried over Serena's platinum blond hair, over Brad's death (he was handsome AND American, and handsome American guys don't die e ...more
Kris - My Novelesque Life
1 STARS

"Her beloved Italian homeland shattered in the wake of World War II, exquisite Serena, Principessa di San Tibaldo, has nothing left except her name, her ancestry... and her heart which she gives completely and forever to Major Brad Fullerton. But not even Brad's ring—or his child—can protect her from the calculating wrath of the powerful Fullerton dynasty, and the woman who will become Serena's bitter enemy. Sweeping from the war-torn palazzos of Rome to the glittering avenues of Manhatta
Serenella
It may sound awful now, but when I was a teenager I kind of adored this book. I have a few similar traits with the main character (minus the tragic bits) and at that time it seemed wildly romantic to relate to a story like this. So sue me, but I still have a soft spot for this book, even if I don't really want to read it again.
Jathan Fink
Set against World War II, 'Remembrance' is classic Steel. Serena is an Italian princess who lost everything. Stripped of her family, her wealth and even her home, she summons her inner strength and works as a maid in her own home when Americans move in and use it for military headquarters. But then she meets a soldier who changes her life and saves her from the devastation of the war. However, like in many of Steel's novels, our heroine's newfound happiness is short lived and Serena must reinven ...more
Joshua
Danielle Steel, capturing the hearts of readers since 1802, with over 567643 best selling novels. Sweeping sagas of brutal realism and heartwarming tales of love and family. With over 34566 of her wonderful books adapted for television movies, Steel has killed brain cells across the globe with her mind numbingly delicious stories of love and life.

Danielle Steel is like crack to me. As terribly far fetched and melodramatic this story was, I enjoyed every minute of it. I even stooped so low as to
Tammy
Gabrielle Mae
-- Steel spans two generations of women who learn to cope with the hard life has dealt them and to prevail in spite of the odds. A fast-paced ride!

Impoverished by World War II, Principessa Serena di San Tibaldo is working as a servant in the Italian palazzo once owned by her family when the Americans liberate the country. Beautiful blonde Serena captures the attention of U.S. Army Major Bradford J. Fullerton, member of a wealthy and powerful Manhattan family. Following a whirlwind courtship and
Muneera
One of the reasons why I read Danielle Steel's books is because a friend of mine brought a whole lot of them and they're just sitting there at home wanting someone to read them. The other reason is because I know that there's a happy ending and my expectations are almost always correct in terms of what's going to happen next in the plot, which can be boring when everything you expect to happen happens. Moreover, she makes her main characters sound impeccable and unrealistic at the same time.

I u
Bonnie Staughton
This is the first Danielle Steel book that I have ever read. I enjoyed it. The author did a great job of describing Rome & Paris, places I have never been. I could easily visualize the scenes. Based on my enjoyment of reading this book, I would definitely read more of the author's books.
Kwenadi
Jul 23, 2010 Kwenadi is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
it talks about a young girl who lost everything in war.her parents were killed,she had to leave the country, and when she came back everything and everyone she once loved was gone....died....
up 2 so far,i have learnt that whatever the situation u are in,there will always be the light at the end of the turnel.U have 2be strong for the sake of those that look up to you and never give up.People might look down on you, but dont give them the satisfaction,by doing what they want.believe in yourself,g
Dee Tozer
A good book , but I did'nt think it was as good as some of her other books .
Stephanie Hurt
This was the first real romance novel I read as a teenager and after that I was hooked. I lost my copy when I married and moved to my new home, but I was in a bookstore one day and there it was. It was like finding an old friend. I have read it several times and if you have seen it, well you know how long it is. I even watched the made for tv movie, not as great as the book.
Brandy
I thought this book was very similar to Kaleidoscope. Soldier in WWII meets foreign wife. Tragic things happen and wife gets murdered. Kids are messed up and grow up apart. Very similar. Don't get me wrongs, I liked the story and it kept me reading, it was just similar to the other one. It was a shame that Serena had to die.
Pragti Rathore
I loved the book:))
Well Researched and showing a new side of love, it was a classic book:D

Danielle Steel has beautifully projected two generations of women in a family. Though I was not completely satisfied with the ending and was planning on getting more, the book was still a wonderful read.
Well Recommended:)
Kate Flick
OK, this is another by Jude Devereaux that I absolutely LOVE! There was a time when I enjoyed writing stories to entertain myself, and this book made me think twice about some of the characters I created. If you can stomach a 'cough, cough' romance novel, and you want one to make you happy, read on!
Smitha
Enjoyed through out....
Sheri Ali
As always, a very nicely written love story. There was a big selection of characters, yet I was able to understand how they think. However, am not a huge fan of the last chapter where she went got involved with the brother of the man who killed her mom.
Ar-jay Galona
the very first danielle steel that i finished reading.. this was a great novel and i'm scavenging bookstores to have my own copy of this but i can't find one!!! i read this back when i was still in highschool and that was more than 10 years ago!
Nyss
I realize that I am right when I wrote that Danielle Steel's older novels are the only novels of hers worth reading.

This book was published in 1983.

This book is as complex as Zoya or Daddy. This is the book that Danielle Steel should write.
Karen
What can I say? Up until the mid-90's I read every Danielle Steel book the minute it came out (this and Message from Nam were better than her usual). It's kind of like my obsession with Harold Robbins and Sidney Sheldon. I'm so over all of them!
Yara
I hate to admit it, but this book i absolutely loved! I read it over and over and over again. It's a long story with many plots, i adored all the characters and it really played my emotions.

Call me lame, but i love this book :D
Therese
I gave this a five star because its one of those books that i loved as a young adult - apologies to Mrs Hartmann - my standard eight English teacher. As an afternoon curled up on the couch reading material it deserves a five star.
Stephanie Vandagriff
I loved this book! This is the only one I've read by Danielle Steele but it was so good. It tugged on all your heart strings...I laughed, I cried, I got angry - everything! It was a page turner and I would so recommend it!!
Kalyani414
I really loved this book.I really loved the relationhip the writer brought between Serena and Teddy her cousin..I really loved the character of Uncle Teddy..I fell in love with him.
Danielle Steel Bo...: Remembrance 1 1 Nov 20, 2012 03:14AM
  • Captain From Castile
  • Danielle Steel
  • Inheritance
  • Just Revenge
  • The Massacre at Fall Creek
  • Secrets Of The Red Lantern: Stories And Recipes From The Heart
  • Secret Weapon Spouse (Miami Confidential #1)
  • The Devil She Knows (Devil, #6)
  • Accidentally the Sheikh's Wife
  • Rock My World (Harlequin Blaze #215)
  • Desire Under the Elms
  • Sean's Reckoning
  • Mother, Please!
  • A Fare to Remember: Just Whistle / Driven to Distraction / Taken for a Ride
  • Rivals
  • Lake Magic
  • Love, Life and Linguine
  • Lucky (Lucky Santangelo, #2)
Since 1981, Ms. Steel has been a permanent fixture on the New York Times hardcover and paperback bestseller lists. In 1989, she was listed in the Guinness Book of World Records for having at least one of her books on the Times bestseller list for 381 consecutive weeks. But Guinness was premature. The fact is that one or more of Ms. Steel's novels have been on the New York Times bestseller list for ...more
More about Danielle Steel...
Safe Harbour Sisters The Gift Kaleidoscope Fine Things