Hero (Cat Star Chronicles, #6)

Hero (Cat Star Chronicles #6)

4.03 of 5 stars 4.03  ·  rating details  ·  596 ratings  ·  40 reviews
"She's the last of her kind...and the only one for him."

"AWE-INSPIRING... CHERYL BROOKS DELIVERS PLENTY OF SEXUAL TENSION, SUSPENSE, AND PLEASURE IN SIMPLY BEING ALIVE."
-ROMANCE JUNKIES

He is the sexiest, most irksome man she's ever encountered...
Micayla is the last Zetithian female left in the universe. She doesn't know what's normal for her species, but she knows when s...more
Published August 1st 2010 by Sourcebooks Casablanca

Jacqueline
This is my guilty pleasures series. This is my favorite of the series so far. The heroine is the only known Zetithian female. Because she was rescued and raised on Earth she knows nothing about her own race. She doesn't understand her hardwiring as an alien. When she meets Trag, a Zetithian male she doesn't understand her odd response to him. Neither one of these two fall in love at first site, which I liked. He is in love with his brother's wife and although he wants his own mate, Micayla seems...more
Ally
Aug 29, 2010 Ally rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: 2010, ebook
I was really interested in finding out about Hero just for Micayla as she's the last female of her kind left and wondered what she would be like.

Raised on earth, Micayla is the last living Zetithian female. Typical of her species, she's aloof and uninterested in men, that is until she meets Trag, the Zetithian pilot for an intergalactic arms dealer and the sexiest, most irksome man she's ever met. Trag has sworn he'll never marry, unless he can find a Zetithian woman. Considering the odds, it's...more
Sara Humphreys
I really enjoyed "Hero" which is Book #6 in The Cat Star Chronicles. Cheryl Brooks has created an incredibly unique world of creatures. Although most of them are clearly not human, they still have very human problems. Like all of the books in The Cat Star Chronicles, this is an erotic romance and leaves nothing to the imagination. The hero, Trag, tugged at my heartstrings from the second I cracked open the book. He's in love with his brother's wife and has assigned himself to a life alone...at l...more
Cheryl
The Cat Star Chronicles series is based around the galaxy of Zetith and the good looking cat like men that come from this galaxy. A long time ago the galaxy of Zetith was destroyed and the feline men were sold off as slaves.

Hero is Tragonathon “Trag” Vladatonsk’s story. Trag was in Rogue, the third book. Trag is lonely and wants to settle down. Though, Trag won’t settle for anyone less then a fellow female Zetithian. A female Zetithian is rare. Trag is willing to wait.

Micayla Johnson works on O...more
Carrie
The Cat Star Chronicles is one of those series that I just can’t get enough. I was anxiously awaiting Trag’s story and it didn’t disappoint. Most of the book was fantastic - my favorite part being Trag’s reaction when Micayla hisses at him. The only thing that I didn’t like was Trag’s feelings for his sister-in-law. For more than half the book Trag believes himself in love with his brother’s wife and it bothered me. I don’t think it is an admirable trait and couldn’t help but dislike Trag a litt...more
Lisa ~ Books Are My Drugs ~
Book #6 in the Cat Star Chronicles series

We first met Trag in Rogue when he was a slave on Draconia with his brother Tycharian. Ty had shared Kyra with him one time & Trag has never been able to get over Kyra. He's sworn that he won't mate unless it's with a Zetithian woman, believing that none of the women survived the destruction of their home planet.

Micayla is the last know surviving Zethithian woman, but her parents were killed when she was very young, so she has no idea about her origin...more
Laura Kitchell
Sixth book in Cheryl Brooks' Cheryl Brooks Cat Star Chronicles, Hero is the story of Trag. We met Trag in book number four, as the brother of Tychar. Trag is unique in that he wears his emotions on his sleeve. He's not afraid to put his feelings out there. He's also unique in that while all the other Zetithian survivors are falling for Terran women, Trag is holding out for a women of his own race, even if one no longer exists due to the destruction of his home world.

There's one. Micayla was rais...more
Heather Pearson
Ni_kii
I got this book for free (hence why I started the series on number 6!!) and I will say that, although I do wish I had started the series from the end, it didn't impact on my enjoyment of the story.

The book is set in a Star Trek like universe where space travel is possible and all the planets visit each other. We begin on a docking station in the middle of deep space. Here we meet Mickayla, a feline-looking woman, who grew up on Earth, but has no clue what race she is. We also meet Trag, one of t...more
Kelly
I've read the other books in this series and I must admit that this book, while not my absolute favorite, closed out the main storyline with a bang and gave the poor Zetithian survivors a bucket of hope for what the future will bring.

Probably my favorite aspect of this book was how neither Trag nor Micayla had any idea how to deal with the instincts they felt for others of their species. The first time Micayle meets Trag she hisses at him, completely to her chagrin. Having never met others of he...more
Erica
Another great installment of the Cat Star Chronicles

I did enjoy this book but not as much as I was looking forward to it. To finally see the side of a Zetithian female I thought was going to be really intersting and from the little we got it was good but I felt as if I would have like to know more.

The story line was a little slow to follow and the love scenes not as hot as the others in the series, but still all out a good novel.

The reoccurance of past characters especially Jack was awesome I lo...more
Erin Kyle
This can definitely be read as a stand-alone novel; I haven't read any of the earlier books, and had no problems understanding the world(s) and characters.

I loved the fact that neither Micayla nor Trag knew of Zetithian mating practices. They were both clueless and freaked out about the driving need to follow their instincts. Fascinating. And, like others have said, I like that theirs isn't a "Love at first sight" story.

One critique: the part where everyone gets together to plan the Grekkor conf...more
 ♥ Rainy Day Reader ♥
I gave this book 4 stars because Micayla wasn't as easy to relate to. I think it should have gone a little more into her struggle to relate to others growing up instead of focusing on everyone thinking she's a cold bitch. Just my opinion. Other than that of course I love Trag and he just made the book worth reading. I didn't like Kyra much in this book at all. Mabye it was just because it was written from a different perspective? It was like she felt she had some claim on Trag and wanted a say i...more
Hero is the sixth book in the Cat Star Chronicles by Cheryl Brooks. Each book can be read as a stand alone book but the series does feature recurring characters.

In Hero, pilot Trag meets the last female Zetithian Micayla. Raised as a human Micayla, doesn't understand her disinterest in men until she meets Trag. Trag is still hung-up on his brother's wife so there is no insta-love in this novel, which I absolutely loved. It was nice to see their romance develop throughout the book. I do love the...more
The TBR Pile *Book review site*
FULL REVIEW: http://thetbrpile.weebly.com/1/post/2...

The characters were great, they had back story and a real flair for dialogue but as far as their chemistry together– zilch. Every romantic scene felt forced, these two characters didn’t sound like they were meant to be together. This made the sex scenes less emotional and rather dull. I was not inspired by Hero like Ms. Brooks pervious books, which is a shock. I will be reading her other books though. She’s written some great stuff and I hope...more
Look, this is no great work of literature; it's slightly campy sci-fi erotica, plain and simple, but it's an incredibly FUN novel. The writing is solid (if occasionally a little heavy on vulgarity), the characters are interesting and likable, the story is nothing if not original. I believe this is the last book in the series; I read it first, and don't feel any real urge to read the rest of them, because I can pretty much see how the other stories went from this novel, but THIS one is well worth...more
♡  SEXY ♡
I thought this book was pretty good. I started it back in June (it is now September) when I was at the beach. It was good up until about 100 pages until the end. I think I just kept reading it to get to the good part. But when the good part came, it also went...bye bye. lol

this is definitely more of a sci-fi book, and I didn't like it THAT much. I had to force myself to finish it, but if you do like star trek and that sort of thing, this book is for you. And great ending too.
♆ BookAddict ~ La Crimson Femme
A bit different because we learn more about the mating dance between a male and a female Zetithian. The characters are back to two dimensional. Still, I found it to be an enjoyable and easy read. Good book for relaxation. The sex is a bit rougher, but nothing edgy. The big mystery is finally revealed. If anyone didn't figure out the mystery after book 1, I'd say they were not paying attention to the book. Easy plot to follow.
Shannon
I'd been waiting for Trag's book for a long time. And it was truly one of the better offerings in the series, if not my all-time favorite, which is still Outcast. I like when Brooks writes vulnerable heroes, and Trag totally was. I loved seeing a Zetithian female as well.

You don't want to read these books because they provide high-quality literature, but they are great fun, and I've been enjoying revisiting that world.
Vandy
Even though I'm an "old fart", I've got to admit this is the first time I've read a Science Fiction Romance book. I thoroughly enjoyed Ms. Brooks approach to her subject matter and even found the explicit parts interesting to read. It certainly makes one wonder what alien sex life might be like... I would certainly recommend this good book.
Andrea
These books are just plain fun to read plus the basic story is changed just enough to make sure the reader doesn't get bored. There is a revelation at the end of this book that allows the series to continue but in a slightly different way. As long as the books stay fun, I will continue to read the series.
Sue
Trag and Micayla are a good couple once they finally get together. I enjoyed that she hissed at him when she first met him. The action is fast moving and the book ties up many of the loose ends.
I am glad that Trag found true love. I felt very sorry for him in the book with Tychar.
Yvonne Boag
It doesn't really matter what the plot is about. This is an erotic story with some pretty hard core sex scenes. The first one happens on the second page of the book! So if this is what you are after it's a good book, not badly written and there is a basic plot.
Deidre
Dec 21, 2010 Deidre marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
9th Day of Christmas Freebie for 12/21/10 from All Romance..Find it here http://www.allromanceebooks.com/produ...

What a great Freebie..I have looked at this series concidering it many times..I love getting to try it even if it is 6 books in ;o)
Charia
How can you not fall in love with all of Cheryl Brooks's characters! And the world she continues to expand on only gets more and morer interesting. Her imagination and amazing writing will keep you inthralled.
Louise Parr
cheerfully erotic. I kept checking to see if it was really written by a man. In many ways second rate (at best) science fiction,but good fun sexy romantic fantasy. Surprise! the library doesn't own any of the others...
Readin'vixen
Good. Finally a nice tie in to the first couple of books in the series. And what a wait to end, to leave more to the imagination. Wonder how she is going to continue the series after this one.
Carhryn
This is my favorate book. Loved them all and I would reamend them to anyone who likes a good romance and lots of action. These book have it all!!! Can't white the read the next book, Virgin.
Great ending to a great series - but will there be more? Hopefully we'll hear more from the new generation of 'cats' in the future.

I really liked both Trag and Mick.
  • Past Pleasures (Desire Through Time, #1)
  • Lone Star Trouble
  • Love My Way
  • Unlacing the Innocent Miss (Regency Silk & Scandal, #6)
  • Paul's Pursuit (Dragon Lords of Valdier, #6)
  • Mercenary Abduction (Alien Abduction, #4)
  • Clan And Conviction (Clan Beginnings, #2)
  • Up On The Housetop (Kyron Pack, #1)
  • No Fear (Trek Mi Q'an, #5)
  • Captive Surrender (Beast Planet, #1)
  • Starkissed
  • The Last Celtic Witch (Celtic Witch, #1)
  • Just One Bite: Volume Three (Just One Bite, #3)
  • Enemy Overnight (Aliens Overnight, #2)
  • Rio (Tales of the Shareem, #2)
  • Redeeming Zorus (Cyborg Seduction, #6)
  • Captive (Entwined Fates, #1)
Cheryl Brooks is a former critical care nurse turned romance writer. Previously published works in her Cat Star Chronicles series include Slave, Warrior, Rogue, Outcast, Fugitive, Hero, Virgin, Stud, and Wildcat. Look for book 10 in July 2014. Her newest series is Unlikely Lovers, including Unbridled, Uninhibited, Undeniable, and Unrivaled. Other self pubs include Midnight in Reno and Sex, Love, a...more
More about Cheryl Brooks...
Slave (Cat Star Chronicles, #1) Outcast (Cat Star Chronicles, #4) Warrior (Cat Star Chronicles, #2) Rogue (Cat Star Chronicles, #3) Fugitive (Cat Star Chronicles, #5)