Start by marking “Zealous Love: A Practical Guide to Social Justice” as Want to Read:
Zealous Love: A Practical Guide to Social Justice

Zealous Love: A Practical Guide to Social Justice

Through firsthand accounts and up-to-date facts about eight global issues, "Zealous Love" uniquely provides readers with the information, inspiration, and involvement they crave to personally make a difference in their world.
Published January 2nd 2010 by Zondervan (first published December 4th 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Zealous Love, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Zealous Love

The Age of Wonder by Richard HolmesScrewed by Thom HartmannLiberation Theology by Robert McAfee BrownA Guide for the Perplexed by Ernst F. SchumacherThe Cave Painters by Gregory Curtis
Books I will read, God willing, in 2012, redeux
31st out of 100 books — 2 voters
The House at Pooh Corner by A.A. MilneThe Happiness Animal by Will JelbertA Hidden Wholeness by Parker J. PalmerI Asked For Wonder by Abraham Joshua HeschelJesus Through Middle Eastern Eyes by Kenneth E. Bailey
The Happy List
92nd out of 104 books — 9 voters

More lists with this book...

Katie
Feb 16, 2016 Katie rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed this introduction to eight significant areas of social justice Christians should know about. The authors discuss trafficking, unclean water, refugees, hunger, education, environmental degradation, HIV/AIDS and economic inequality. This book really just gives introductory information. Each section begins with a brief section by the authors that outlines the issue and why Christians should care about it. You then hear from a number of writers about their personal experience with the ...more
Joy
Nov 21, 2012 Joy rated it it was amazing
A great introductory read to 8 key issues of injustice in our world today: human trafficking, unclean water, refugees, hunger, lack of education, creation degradation, HIV/AIDS, and economic inequality. Each issue is clearly explained & examined, then is followed by 5 - 6 personal stories from people fighting these injustices. It's educational & inspiring. It's a book you can't walk away from and do nothing. One of these areas will wreck you to the point of action, and hopefully, life is ...more
Laurie
Aug 22, 2010 Laurie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book is about how social justice and the Christian faith intersect. I find it inspiring to read the case studies about all the issues I care about - unclean water, hunger, care of the environment, human trafficking - and what people are doing to help. Each chapter gives resources to "get in the action" and live out our faith. Not done with the whole book yet but love it so far.
lindsay
Apr 28, 2011 lindsay rated it liked it
A great overview on various ways to get involved in social justice issues. The personal stories make this book unique and I love that it directs you to resources at the end of each chapter if you want to learn more on your own. It also encourages critical thinking on each issue with the discussion questions at the end of each chapter.
Jen
Apr 06, 2013 Jen rated it liked it
This book includes a lot of little articles about specific ways people are helping others. I didn't take the time to read it, but recognize that it could be a good resource for someone brainstorming how to make the world a better place, looking for practical organizations to get involved with.
Deanna
Mar 22, 2013 Deanna rated it really liked it
Shelves: christian-life
I really liked the information and colorful pictures in this book, in addition to the personal stories. One thing that puzzled me was that I felt like the author was saying that if someone doesn't recycle or protect the earth to their best ability, they are not loving God.
Jen
Jul 31, 2012 Jen rated it really liked it
A great overview of many different ministry opportunities in the highest-need areas. A fantastic resource for those interested in getting involved in social justice ministry.
Carol
Jun 03, 2010 Carol marked it as to-read
I ghost wrote a chapter in this book and actually forgot about it until I saw it in Chelsea's feed. I guess I should probably read it, right? I'll give it five stars.
Roy Goble
Roy Goble rated it it was amazing
Feb 04, 2011
Andrew
Andrew rated it really liked it
Jan 30, 2015
Bethany
Bethany rated it really liked it
Jan 17, 2016
Stephanie Schiro
Stephanie Schiro rated it really liked it
May 18, 2014
Nicci Obert
Nicci Obert rated it it was amazing
Dec 14, 2011
Lindsay
Lindsay rated it really liked it
Jan 12, 2016
Pete
Pete rated it it was amazing
May 01, 2012
Brian Clark
Brian Clark rated it it was ok
Feb 03, 2016
Ben Coakley
Ben Coakley rated it liked it
Dec 13, 2014
Naomi
Naomi rated it liked it
Nov 25, 2014
Alicia Rae
Alicia Rae rated it really liked it
Feb 10, 2012
Josh Smetzer
Josh Smetzer rated it liked it
Feb 09, 2012
Chantel Klassen
Chantel Klassen rated it really liked it
Aug 06, 2012
Janelle Koop
Janelle Koop rated it liked it
Feb 06, 2013
Christy
Christy rated it liked it
Aug 31, 2012
Jennifer Willis
Jennifer Willis rated it really liked it
Feb 19, 2010
Morgan Meyers
Morgan Meyers rated it liked it
Jan 11, 2012
Jackie
Jackie rated it it was amazing
Mar 08, 2015
Sarah Hidey
Sarah Hidey rated it really liked it
Jun 03, 2013
Violet
Jun 01, 2013 Violet rated it really liked it
A good start to anyone who wants real life ways to get involved with social justice issues.
Lucinda Powell
Lucinda Powell rated it it was ok
Mar 08, 2010
  • Good News About Injustice: A Witness of Courage in a Hurting World
  • The Naked Gospel: The Truth You May Never Hear in Church
  • Becoming the Answer to Our Prayers: Prayer for Ordinary Radicals
  • Take Your Best Shot: Do Something Bigger Than Yourself
  • Moments with the Savior: A Devotional Life of Christ (Moments with the Savior) (Moments with the Savior Series)
  • Western Christians in Global Mission: What's the Role of the North American Church?
  • Hitler Youth
  • Body by God: The Owner's Manual for Maximized Living
  • The New Rules of Posture: How to Sit, Stand, and Move in the Modern World
  • The Quotable Book Lover
  • Earthen Vessels: Why Our Bodies Matter To Our Faith
  • Mother Teresa
  • Eating for IBS: 175 Delicious, Nutritious, Low-Fat, Low-Residue Recipes to Stabilize the Touchiest Tummy