Start by marking “National Audubon Society Field Guide to North American Trees: Eastern Region ” as Want to Read:
National Audubon Society Field Guide to North American Trees: Eastern Region

National Audubon Society Field Guide to North American Trees: Eastern Region (National Audubon Society Field Guides)

4.09 of 5 stars 4.09  ·  rating details  ·  255 ratings  ·  12 reviews
Tree peepers everywhere will enjoy these two guides which explore the incredible environment of our country's forests-including seasonal features, habitat, range, and lore. Nearly 700 species of trees are detailed in photographs of leaf shape, bark, flowers, fruit, and fall leaves -- all can be quickly accessed making this the ideal field guide for any time of year.

Note:
Published May 12th 1980 by Knopf

Be the first to ask a question about National Audubon Society Field Guide to North American Trees

1001 Books You Must Read Before You Die by Peter Boxall1001 Paintings You Must See Before You Die by Stephen Farthing1001 Children's Books You Must Read Before You Grow Up by Julia Eccleshare1001 Movies You Must See Before You Die by Steven Jay Schneider1001 Songs You Must Hear Before You Die by Robert Dimery
A List of Lists
143rd out of 216 books — 18 voters
The Lorax by Dr. SeussThe Wild Trees by Richard   PrestonTrees by Tony RoddA Natural History of Conifers by Aljos FarjonThe Giving Tree by Shel Silverstein
Best Books About Trees
35th out of 62 books — 21 voters

More lists with this book...

Jason Koivu
I love myself a tree now and again, but I wouldn't classify myself as a dendrophiliac. I enjoy trees enough to make flipping through this book a real pleasure.

National Audubon's series on North American wildlife and nature is a great resource for enthusiasts. Within, the reader will find hundreds of color photos with close-ups on bark and leaf. There are sketches and diagrams. Maps for every tree show its habitation range. Descriptions come with average sizes, soil preference, as well as detail
Jim
A very good book that includes quite a few transplants, hybrids & invasives. Definitely one of the best buys of this type out there. I have a couple of copies & have used them extensively in Maryland & Kentucky. While a few trees have not been included, overall it has met expectations.
Cassandra Kay Silva
The way this book is laid out makes identifying trees fairly easy. Especially as it is regionally specific. I think reading through the book at least once through before using it makes it so much more simple to use. Books like this make me wish I were a botanist.
Tanner Scott
This is the only non-fiction book I've read cover to cover. This was my nature book for years of research in the woods. I love this book! 5 stars isn't enough.
David Ward
National Audubon Society Field Guide to North American Trees: Eastern Region by Elbert L. Little, (Alfred A. Knopf 1980)(582) is the Audubon Society's field guide to North American trees. My rating: 7/10, finished 2005.
Carrie
Although I've read most of this - I'm constantly referring to this guide. A nice one - I've keyed out most of the trees in my backyard with this book. Not a must-read, but helpful nonetheless.
Rick
This book is part of my desire to learn more about life around me. For instance, the most popular tree found in New York City is the London Planetree.
Kayla
This guide was easy to read and to look up tree species. Great for anyone learning about Botany, Ecology, or likes to learn more about the outdoors.
Brainorgan
National Audubon Society Field Guide to North American Trees--E: Eastern Region (Eastern) by NATIONAL AUDUBON SOCIETY (1980)
Plant Girl
Fabulous resource, great color photographs, easy to find information.
What's Dat
Total excellence.
Tyler Villwock
very helpful
Paul Buckley
Paul Buckley marked it as to-read
Nov 22, 2014
Micah Z
Micah Z marked it as to-read
Nov 19, 2014
Miss.tonic
Miss.tonic marked it as to-read
Nov 16, 2014
Betsy Black
Betsy Black marked it as to-read
Nov 09, 2014
D. McKay
D. McKay marked it as to-read
Nov 04, 2014
Paige
Paige marked it as to-read
Nov 01, 2014
Sean Downey
Sean Downey marked it as to-read
Oct 28, 2014
Jess
Jess marked it as to-read
Oct 25, 2014
  • National Audubon Society Field Guide to North American Wildflowers: Eastern Region (National Audubon Society Field Guide)
  • The Audubon Society Field Guide to North American Mushrooms
  • National Audubon Society Field Guide to North American Reptiles and Amphibians
  • A Field Guide to Reptiles and Amphibians: Eastern and Central North America
  • Newcomb's Wildflower Guide
  • National Audubon Society Field Guide to North American Birds: Western Region (National Audubon Society Field Guide)
  • A Field Guide to the Birds of Eastern and Central North America
  • A Field Guide to Insects: America North of Mexico
  • Edible Wild Plants: A North American Field Guide
  • Tracking and the Art of Seeing: How to Read Animal Tracks and Sign
  • Birds of North America: A Guide to Field Identification
  • Peterson Field Guide to Animal Tracks (Peterson Field Guides)
  • The Meaning of Trees: Botany - History - Healing - Lore
  • National Geographic Field Guide to the Birds of North America
  • Manual of Woody Landscape Plants: Their Identification, Ornamental Characteristics, Culture, Propagation and Uses
  • The Sibley Guide to Bird Life & Behavior
  • A Field Guide to Edible Wild Plants: Eastern and Central North America
National Audubon Society Field Guide to North American Trees--W: Western Region (National Audubon Society Field Guides) The Audubon Society Field Guide to North American Trees Forest Trees of the United States and Canada and How to Identify Them Arboles Comunes De Puerto Rico Y Las Islas Virgenes Check List of Native and Naturalized Trees of the United States: Including Alaska