Start by marking “National Audubon Society Field Guide to North American Trees: Eastern Region ” as Want to Read:
National Audubon Society Field Guide to North American Trees: Eastern Region

National Audubon Society Field Guide to North American Trees: Eastern Region (National Audubon Society Field Guides)

4.18 of 5 stars 4.18  ·  rating details  ·  326 ratings  ·  12 reviews
Tree peepers everywhere will enjoy these two guides which explore the incredible environment of our country's forests-including seasonal features, habitat, range, and lore. Nearly 700 species of trees are detailed in photographs of leaf shape, bark, flowers, fruit, and fall leaves -- all can be quickly accessed making this the ideal field guide for any time of year.

Note:
Published May 12th 1980 by Knopf

Be the first to ask a question about National Audubon Society Field Guide to North American Trees

1001 Books You Must Read Before You Die by Peter Boxall1001 Paintings You Must See Before You Die by Stephen FarthingWIN THE HEART OF A WOMAN OF YOUR DREAMS by Sahara SandersROMANTIC ACTIVITIES AND SURPRISES by Sahara SandersWAYS TO PROPOSE by Sahara Sanders
A List of Lists
156th out of 229 books — 23 voters
The Lorax by Dr. SeussThe Wild Trees by Richard   PrestonTrees by Tony RoddThe Giving Tree by Shel SilversteinRemarkable Trees of the World by Thomas Pakenham
Best Books About Trees
31st out of 35 books — 23 voters

More lists with this book...

Jason Koivu
I love myself a tree now and again, but I wouldn't classify myself as a dendrophiliac. I enjoy trees enough to make flipping through this book a real pleasure.

National Audubon's series on North American wildlife and nature is a great resource for enthusiasts. Within, the reader will find hundreds of color photos with close-ups on bark and leaf. There are sketches and diagrams. Maps for every tree show its habitation range. Descriptions come with average sizes, soil preference, as well as detail
Jim
A very good book that includes quite a few transplants, hybrids & invasives. Definitely one of the best buys of this type out there. I have a couple of copies & have used them extensively in Maryland & Kentucky. While a few trees have not been included, overall it has met expectations.
Cassandra Kay Silva
The way this book is laid out makes identifying trees fairly easy. Especially as it is regionally specific. I think reading through the book at least once through before using it makes it so much more simple to use. Books like this make me wish I were a botanist.
Tanner Scott
This is the only non-fiction book I've read cover to cover. This was my nature book for years of research in the woods. I love this book! 5 stars isn't enough.
David
National Audubon Society Field Guide to North American Trees: Eastern Region by Elbert L. Little, (Alfred A. Knopf 1980)(582) is the Audubon Society's field guide to North American trees. My rating: 7/10, finished 2005.
Lucca
It's a perfect field guide. In all honesty, it's beautiful and the colored/detailed photos and descriptions are extremely practical, a real good buy.
Carrie
Although I've read most of this - I'm constantly referring to this guide. A nice one - I've keyed out most of the trees in my backyard with this book. Not a must-read, but helpful nonetheless.
Rick
This book is part of my desire to learn more about life around me. For instance, the most popular tree found in New York City is the London Planetree.
Brainorgan
National Audubon Society Field Guide to North American Trees--E: Eastern Region (Eastern) by NATIONAL AUDUBON SOCIETY (1980)
Plant Girl
Fabulous resource, great color photographs, easy to find information.
What's Dat
Total excellence.
Tyler Villwock
very helpful
MPSNE
MPSNE added it
Aug 29, 2015
Caitlin
Caitlin marked it as to-read
Aug 26, 2015
Clint Muldoon
Clint Muldoon marked it as to-read
Aug 15, 2015
Blake Mills
Blake Mills marked it as to-read
Aug 09, 2015
Dan Schwent
Dan Schwent marked it as to-read
Aug 07, 2015
Claire
Claire marked it as to-read
Aug 06, 2015
MJ
MJ marked it as to-read
Aug 03, 2015
  • National Audubon Society Field Guide to North American Wildflowers: Eastern Region (National Audubon Society Field Guide)
  • National Audubon Society Field Guide to North American Reptiles and Amphibians
  • The Audubon Society Field Guide to North American Mushrooms
  • A Field Guide to Reptiles and Amphibians: Eastern and Central North America
  • Newcomb's Wildflower Guide
  • National Audubon Society Field Guide to North American Birds: Western Region (National Audubon Society Field Guide)
  • A Field Guide to Insects: America North of Mexico
  • A Field Guide to the Birds of Eastern and Central North America
  • Tree Finder: A Manual for the Identification of Trees by Their Leaves
  • Edible Wild Plants: A North American Field Guide
  • Tracking and the Art of Seeing: How to Read Animal Tracks and Sign
  • Birds of North America: A Guide to Field Identification
  • Peterson Field Guide to Animal Tracks (Peterson Field Guides)
  • The Meaning of Trees: Botany - History - Healing - Lore
  • Manual of Woody Landscape Plants: Their Identification, Ornamental Characteristics, Culture, Propagation and Uses
  • National Geographic Field Guide to the Birds of North America

National Audubon Society Field Guides (1 - 10 of 31 books)
  • National Audubon Society Field Guide to North American Birds: Eastern Region
  • National Audubon Society Field Guide to North American Butterflies
  • National Audubon Society Field Guide to North American Fishes
  • National Audubon Society Field Guide to North American Fossils
  • National Audubon Society Field Guide to North American Insects and Spiders
  • National Audubon Society Field Guide to North American Mammals: (Revised and Expanded)
  • National Audubon Society Field Guide to North American Rocks and Minerals
  • National Audubon Society Field Guide to North American Seashells
National Audubon Society Field Guide to North American Trees--W: Western Region The Audubon Society Field Guide to North American Trees Forest Trees of the United States and Canada and How to Identify Them Arboles Comunes De Puerto Rico Y Las Islas Virgenes Check List of Native and Naturalized Trees of the United States: Including Alaska