Start by marking “Vampire Knits: Projects to Keep You Knitting from Twilight to Dawn” as Want to Read:
Vampire Knits: Projects to Keep You Knitting from Twilight to Dawn

Vampire Knits: Projects to Keep You Knitting from Twilight to Dawn

3.54 of 5 stars 3.54  ·  rating details  ·  386 ratings  ·  59 reviews
Surrender to the allure of knits inspired by the immortals we all love to fear. If you adore Twilight, True Blood, or The Vampire Diaries, this collection of 28 imaginative and beautiful projects is sure to captivate.

•Black capes are so 1897, instead get stylish with the dead sexy Sidhe Shrug.
•Unleash your inner shapeshifter with the Werewolf Hat.
•Keep warm while holding
Published September 14th 2010 by Potter Craft (first published January 1st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Vampire Knits, please sign up.

Maddie Yes it is called "Vampire Knits: Projects to Keep You Knitting from Twilight to Dawn"
Stitch 'n Bitch by Debbie StollerKnitting Without Tears by Elizabeth ZimmermannElizabeth Zimmermann's Knitter's Almanac by Elizabeth ZimmermannThe Knitter's Handy Book of Patterns by Ann BuddKnitting Rules! by Stephanie Pearl-McPhee
Must-have Knitting Books
42nd out of 175 books — 152 voters
Knits for Nerds by Toni CarrTwisted Stitches by Phil DavisonThe Star Wars Craft Book by Bonnie BurtonAnticraft by Renee RigdonCreepy Cute Crochet by Christen Haden
Geek crafts
6th out of 70 books — 18 voters

More lists with this book...

May 09, 2011 Em rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Victorian Knitters. Psychos, I Mean, Twilight Fans
Shelves: knitting, vampires
I am slightly ashamed for picking up this book... I had found a free pattern snippet from this book a few months back, and I had thought to myself, "Oh maybe if I see this in the library, I'll get it because I wouldn't mind whipping up some Victorian- style projects." Turns out, I almost cried reading the summary in the car on the way home from the library. It's knitting for the Twilight obsessed. I was not surprised to see the author pretty much thanking Stephanie Meyer for saving her life fro ...more
Greta is Erikasbuddy
This book was super cute!!

Though I've seen a lot of these patterns online at Ravelry (and have actually made a couple) it was still nice to have them all in one place with big glossy pictures to go with them.

While this is mainly geared towards Twilight fans there are a couple of patterns included that every vampire fan would be able to sink their fangs into.

The patterns range from Beginner to Advanced Intermidiate (Knowledge of using DPNs would probably be a plus) but I would recommend either k
This book is INCREDIBLY silly. It basically worships Stephenie Meyer which annoys me to no end, with only some mention of True Blood which IS FAR MORE INTERESTING. I found a couple patterns I may use, but most of them are ridiculous or totally function-less. Or just embarrassing.
I'm a beginning knitter... this book made it onto my shelves purely because it's a cool title and a cool idea for a compilation of projects. BUT... let me tell you, I'm a fan, I really am. I've knitted two projects from this book so far - a pair of fingerless gloves and a werewolf hat - and both were really easy to do thanks to the clear instructions provided by the author(s).

I can definately recommend this whether you're a beginner or not (there ARE more complicated projects available).

I have found online knitting patterns for several knit items worn in the Twilight movies, such as Bella's mittens and hat that she wears to La Push (I've made these), and Alice's handwarmers. These patterns were included in this book, although I'm not sure if they are the same patterns I used. But other than "official" sort of Twilight knits, this book has a lot of other patterns loosely related to vampires and most of it is pretty cheesy (Team Edward and Jacob pillows, scarves with a pattern of ...more
Dana Wright
This knitting book is great for anyone who follows the current trends of Twilight, True Blood and other vampire/werewolf series that are so popular today. I particularly liked the illustrations and references to different vampire lore.

The illustrations are gorgeous and there are projects for fans of Team Edward and Team Jacob.

My favorite projects include the Black Veil Scarf, The Werewolf Hat, Shapeshifter Shrug and Lore Hoodie.

Check out the True Blood bottle covers! Very cool. This book is a
I haven't read any of the Twilight books, and I don't think I've read any vampire books or watched any shows since Buffy was on the air. And when I saw this book I admit that I laughed out loud.

There are a lot of really lovely patterns in here. Some of them are sort of ridiculous like the corset. But I'd say there are more practical patterns in here than the Harry Potter inspired knitting book.
This book has many really sweet knitted items, though perhaps not all are relevant for all knitters, but there is a lot of potential in the models provided, and honestly: Twilight really has little to do with what you find here, trust me on this as I am not a Twilight fan! :)
Mollie *scoutrmom*
Sep 27, 2010 Mollie *scoutrmom* rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: intermediate knitters under age 30 and Team ___ members
Recommended to Mollie *scoutrmom* by: Knitcircus Magazine
Interesting patterns around the paranormal theme. Nothing truly new or outstanding, I'd recommend French Girl Knits for those who find this not quite what they were looking for.

My public library has Vampire Knits under 746.432 M468, dewey decimal system.
I thought that most of the patterns were nothing special. There are better patterns for many vampire inspired items, such as Bella's mittens or her LaPush hat, available for free on Raverly. Save your money.
I do not like Twilight and never got more than 15 pages into the first book, so most of the references to clothing worn by the characters were lost on me. However, several of the patterns are interesting, and they seem fairly easy to follow. I think the finished projects would be at home at a Renaissance fair or druid cosplay equally as well. The pictures are useful also.
Ignore all of the Twilight references and mentions and stick only with the patterns. Even then this books only gets 3 stars from me because a lot of the garment patterns are for skinny women with not much allowance for those of us with curves. The accessories are nice and a couple will work for a swap I'm participating in.
The patterns are pretty basic and the only thing that makes them fit a vampire them is the names given to them or that they are knitted in a red yarn (think, blood). Good if you are a fan of TWILIGHT and/or TRUE BLOOD. A few items in the back give nod to their werewolf friends.
Jan 23, 2012 Serena rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Anna Horner and those that knit
Vampire Knits by Genevieve Miller is a collection of knitting patterns from a diehard Twilight series fan, who was so inspired that she created a collection of patters for other fans of the series and vampires in general. However, some of these patterns could just be knitted and worn by everyday, non-vampire fans and fans of werewolves/shapeshifters too. The book’s font and design seem very appropriate for the vampire inspired knitting in these pages, which are broken down into sections: Protect ...more
This was written by a Twilight fan, for Twilight fans. However, you shouldn't hold that against the Vampire Knits as most of the projects are actually really cute.
My local library had a copy of Genevieve Miller's Vampire Knits: Projects to Keep You Knitting from Twilight to Dawn--(oh yes, she went there.) Once you get past the stupid premise, there's actually a lot of cute fun stuff in this book and the materials are very affordable. Most of the yarns featured in Vampire Knits are available through
I haven't tried to follow any of the patterns yet, so I cannot comment on the quality of the instructions except to say they look fine. The projects are a real mix in this book. Some of them barely cling to the book's theme: including a silver and red striped headscarf because silver and red represent silver bullets and blood is a bit too much of a stretch for me. Most of the projects are more strongly connected to the vampire theme, either by evoking the mood and atmosphere of various works of ...more
I don't know much about knitting, but I have friends who do. I also have friends who knit who hate Twilight with the flaming passion of a thousand burning suns, so when I saw this, I had to look at it. There seems to be an overabundance of mittens in this book; I'm not sure why. I've always been a fan of vampires in literature, and I don't recall much in regards to how the absence or presence of mittens added to the plot.

The photos in the book are nice, though the male sweater model looks like h
Fun concept, with some fun patterns. Just needed it for my library ;)
There were a couple of patterns here that I might attempt to knit, but even the few that I really found attractive were impractical for my body type and I couldn't help but wonder who would even look good in them, except for these stick thin models. Knitwear designers, take heed, REAL WOMEN HAVE CURVES! Please design with that in mind! The average American woman is a size 12? 14? Yeah...
Decent mix of knitting projects with a vampire theme. There are a few nods to other vampire book/movie/etc. series, but it's strongly targeted at Twilight fans. Concerning the knitting patterns, I'm a big fan of charts for projects that involve texture or colorwork. While some patterns in the book include charts, they're missing from other patterns where they would be helpful.
Book has lots of fun little vampire tidbits, and I like vampire stuff, hence why there are tons of vampire books on my read list. But the patterns in it are mostly too complicated for me. I am a basic knitter, knit 2, purl 1 kinda thing, so not very much I felt like I could tackle. I did enjoy just reading it though, and didn't have any problems with it.
Maybe I should have picked up a book of Anne Rice vampire knits instead of Twilight knits...I was a bit underwhelmed by the patterns. I had hoped they would be more goth, or more punk, or at least more Victorian, but instead they ended up mainly as blood drinking puns. Beautiful pictures, though, and they're not bad patterns in and of themselves.
Wanted to like it. Patterns not as exciting as I was hoping. Cute, but didn't like any of the patterns enough to make them. I did like the corset though, especially that it actually has boning in it and looks like a pretty good pattern. Author's fondness for Twilight Series did not help.
Leslie Jem
Loved the Shapeshifter Shrug. Liked the Silver Bullet-and-Blood Head Scarf, Bloody Socks, and Lore Hoodie. The whole teen vampire schtick prevents me from wanting to by the book, though. I am NOT a vampire groupie! I appreciated that Knit Picks yarns were used frequently as well.
I got this book through the library's online e book service.
It is a fun book to look at and some of the patterns I would like to make.
If you're a twilight fan or a fan of vampire movies in general, you'll like the trivia scattered through out the book.
My view might be a little tainted in that this book was severely misprinted and it's on the shelves at the library! There is about a 30 page duplication of pages. And the pages they are replacing are not there. So a waste to even check out.
Whether you like Twilight or not, there are some lovely patterns here. I made a variation of the Countess Bathory scarf. After I've practiced more and gotten better at knitting, I'd love to try the Lore Hoodie or the capelet.
Arina Bridger
I'm a big fan of the wolf hat pattern and made several for Christmas this past year. My next project is going to be the shifter shrug. I look forward to seeing how it buttons together.
Definitely a book that did everything it could to cash in on the vampire/werewolf hype.

I do like a few of the patterns, but I don't know if it is a book I would necessarily buy.
  • Domiknitrix: Whip Your Knitting Into Shape
  • Luxury Yarn One-Skein Wonders: 101 Small Indulgences
  • More Last-Minute Knitted Gifts
  • Brave New Knits: 26 Projects and Personalities from the Knitting Blogosphere
  • Knitting Mochimochi: 20 Super-Cute Strange Designs for Knitted Amigurumi
  • Knits for Nerds: 30 Projects: Science Fiction, Comic Books, Fantasy
  • Woodland Knits: 20 enchanting projects to make and share
  • Knitting 24/7: 30 Projects to Knit, Wear, and Enjoy, On the Go and Around the Clock
  • One More Skein: 30 Quick Projects to Knit
  • Stitch 'n Bitch Superstar Knitting: Go Beyond the Basics
  • Amigurumi World: Seriously Cute Crochet
  • Pretty in Punk: 25 Punk, Rock, and Goth Knitting Projects
  • Knit to Flatter: The Only Instructions You'll Ever Need to Knit Sweaters That Make You Look Good and Feel Great!
  • Knitting Little Luxuries