Praying Our Goodbyes

Praying Our Goodbyes

4.35 of 5 stars 4.35  ·  rating details  ·  88 ratings  ·  12 reviews
Here is a book designed to help readers recognize, ritualize, reflect on and re-orient themselves in the face of loss--to help heal the hurts caused by goodbyes and the anxieties encountered by change, whether caused by death, loss of a job, crisis, or whatever.
Published January 28th 1988 by Ave Maria Press (first published December 31st 1987)

Lynda
P. 92 "This book is about goodbyes and how they happen in our lives and about what happens to us because of them. It is also about hellos."
I highly recommend this book. It is a very good book on transitions, whether it is a death of a loved one or a child going to college. It applies to all the transitions we may experience. There has to be a goodbye before we are ready to 'hello' to a new beginning.
Mary Pat
Prayer helps train the mind and heart to meet life's challenges and understand our inner responses. Since my husband was diagnosed with a very aggressive stage IV cancer in September, 2012, this has helped me reflect on the important things in life and learn more about how to let go when there is no other choice.
Patti Clement
This is an excellent book that I have used personally and have recommended to others when grieving. Recognizing that grief is not just about losing a loved one, the author does an excellent job engaging the reader in how to let go of anything we are called to surrender. Highly recommend to anyone because we all grieve at one time or another and sometimes don't realize our need to grieve.
Drshar
Does it get easier as you grow older? One would think conditioning to loss overtime would ease the pain, as Woody Allen said, "the heart is a resilient muscle" and we would just move on. Rupp shows the path of prayer - a covering mist to protect your vision each time to back and to slow your steps as you move forward.
Joyce
This book is beautifully written. Sister Joyce speaks straight to your heart. She knows loss and the "spirituality of change". And yes, hellos after goodbyes. You can feel Sister Joyce's words. This book will remain with me and I know I'll be back to it often.
Brian White
This is one of my all-time favorite books and I have turned to it time and time again during times of loss and transition (like now). I have loaned my copy to many people and highly recommend this book to those who are experiencing any of life's losses.
Diane
Exceptional and just what I needed to read. It's been more of a "reference" but Rupp speaks in a language that touches the heart.
Jinny
A wonderful book of prayers and thoughts as many kinds of life changes and transitions happen. Highly recommended.
Marla
from job losses to death, a ritual to help readers work through letting go and moving on. i've lived this book.
Rita
Also reading for school. Really like her approach to dealing with loss and death.
MichelleMarie
Jan 02, 2010 MichelleMarie marked it as to-read
just bought from eighth day!
Erin Ainsworth
Erin Ainsworth is currently reading it
Apr 04, 2014
Leo
Leo added it
Mar 19, 2014
Shirley Anstey
Shirley Anstey marked it as to-read
Mar 05, 2014
Rochelle Reding
Rochelle Reding marked it as to-read
Feb 01, 2014
Jessica Martinez
Jessica Martinez marked it as to-read
Jan 03, 2014
Cara Baergen
Cara Baergen marked it as to-read
Nov 13, 2013
Colette Stanley
Colette Stanley marked it as to-read
Oct 22, 2013
Bridget Hafelein
Bridget Hafelein marked it as to-read
Oct 20, 2013
Peggy Jackson
Peggy Jackson marked it as to-read
Oct 12, 2013
Pat Peiffer
Pat Peiffer marked it as to-read
Sep 13, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Walk in a Relaxed Manner: Life Lessons from the Camino The Cup of Our Life: A Guide for Spiritual Growth Open the Door: A Journey to the True Self May I Have This Dance Out of the Ordinary: Prayers, Poems and Reflections for Every Season