Start by marking “Paradise Kiss, Vol. 2 (Paradise Kiss, #2)” as Want to Read:
Paradise Kiss, Vol. 2 (Paradise Kiss, #2)

Paradise Kiss, Vol. 2 (Paradise Kiss #2)

4.28  ·  Rating Details  ·  4,112 Ratings  ·  45 Reviews
Yukari has got big problems. She used to be a normal school girl with classes and homework just like everyone else. But, ever since she met the fashion-forward posse known as Paradise Kiss, her life has been turned upside-down.
Published August 1st 2002 by TokyoPop (first published January 30th 2000)

To ask other readers questions about Paradise Kiss, Vol. 2, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Paradise Kiss, Vol. 2

Yukino
Jul 15, 2016 Yukino rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: miei, 2016, manga
Lectora Fiel
Jun 13, 2016 Lectora Fiel rated it really liked it
Quiero hacerme ya con los siguientes!
Alex
Jul 16, 2013 Alex rated it liked it
Shelves: manga, josei
This manga is bordering on the progressive vs falling into the abyss. I'm not quite sure where this is going. We'll see. I'm thinking that George has some growing up to do.

This was awkward, though.
Mazohyst
Yazawa's art is just too amazing to look at. I'm mostly pulled in by all of the character's beauty. The fashion is just simply beautiful. But the characters... Each one of them is so attractive. I never get tired of looking at Isabella's beautiful and elaborate outfits. While not as dramatic as Nana so far, the second volume I feel is better than the first. Things seem to be developing more and I'm getting excited. It's a shame there's only three volumes left!
Amber
Jul 15, 2016 Amber rated it it was amazing
This series is so friggin good, I don't even.

The characters are compelling, the series is super aware and it's just... So... GOOD.

Moni
I have no idea about how art school or fashion design works, but this manga definitely changed my thoughts on students going into the arts (I'm biased because I'm an engineering major and art major friends seem like they have loads of free time). Caroline's friendship with each of the characters progresses in a believable manner and she is reasonably struggling with balancing her school duties with this new "hobby" of hers. However, for the members of Parakiss this is their potential livelihood ...more
Rahma
Jan 25, 2016 Rahma rated it it was amazing
The drama unfolds.

I can't help feel that George is a little bit manipulative. I enjoyed the development of Carolines character as she faces rejection from her parents and is faced with real life and is weighing all these stresses against whether or not being true to her self is worth the cost. I am glad she's opting for her self identity instead of following the tide of getting into a good school and getting good grades...that cut paste formula of life that works at the cost of your self identi
Nick
Sep 11, 2008 Nick rated it it was amazing
Overall Rating: A+
Summary: A fashion/drama/romance Josei series created by Ai Yazawa (who is also the creator of Nana), which follows Yukari "Caroline" Hayasaka. Yukari is an attractive high schooler, but her life consists of traveling from high school to cram school to home, and back again. The manga opens with Yukari running into Arashi (a punk) and Isabella (a transvestite), who are part of a group of fashion students that call their label "Paradise Kiss". Yukari thinks they are perverts (did
Yaya
May 30, 2015 Yaya rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga
Oh my god, this story is so emotionally and mentally taxing. It's taking me to a time in my own personal life I don't want to revisit. I really dislike George, he's a psychopath, I think he actually has Antisocial Personality Disorder. He manipulates and exploits other people's feelings, he lacks the ability to love or form meaningful personal relationships, he's egocentric, and that's only the beginning of what I think is seriously wrong with him... I refuse to believe that it's his way of help ...more
Meghan
Sep 16, 2010 Meghan rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga
In this second volume, Yukari's romance with George is heating up! But when she finally tells her mother that she's going to be a model for Paradise Kiss, Yukari is warned that she can either quit...or leave her house! Will Yukari continue to be the perfect student her parents want her to be? Or will she continue following her heart and be a supermodel?

I love this manga! The message of following your heart and staying true to yourself is just amazing. I love how all the characters are so differe
Kenza
Mar 01, 2015 Kenza rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga
The characters are all so attractive! I'm so speechless!!! The beauty of Ai Yazawa's drawing is amazing, no words can describe how much in love I am with her drawings...
Treasure
Nov 25, 2009 Treasure rated it really liked it
Main Yukari's determination to follow her heart into the world of fashion and away from the world her parents want for her (school) creates all sorts of dramatic scenes-- perfect high school drama!
I'm less than thrilled with her relationship with George-- he is confusing and potentially abusive.
It is also an interesting look into the pressures of Japanese life, especially for students-- this plot just would not work as well if it was set in America where independence is encouraged more.
The outfi
Shannon
Dec 10, 2015 Shannon rated it liked it
Shelves: fiction, manga
More like 3.5 stars. It's really hard to want to keep reading this manga if I really dislike the main love interest. Debating on whether or not to keep going.
Caroline
Nov 30, 2015 Caroline rated it liked it
Shelves: manga, 2015_comics
A little silly but fun. Also interesting that the heroine's Anglicized name & nickname are the same as mine!
Fantine
Oct 24, 2014 Fantine rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga
It's such a sweet manga and also inspiring. I'm also in love with Georges as I expect everyone to be.
Reem
Mar 09, 2016 Reem rated it really liked it
Volume 2. Chapter 11-20
Canem
Feb 23, 2016 Canem rated it it was amazing
Wunderschöne Fortsetzung!
Riva Yuki
i'll never love how it ends
ArdnAskelA
Mar 20, 2012 ArdnAskelA rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga, bibli-perso, ebook
Qu'est-ce que l'amour ne nous fait pas faire.. Tsst.. !
Hum, deuxième tome, toujours aussi captivant. D'ailleurs, je sens que j'en deviens accro (à l'aide !). Pour une personne n'aimant pas la mode, lire ce manga est un délice quand même. Georges & Co. sont tellement passionnées par ce qu'ils font que je me retrouve un peu dans leurs personnages (sauf que moi, c'est le dessin ^^)
Pour une fois, je regrette que ce manga ne soit pas en couleurs.. J'aurais aimé voir leurs tenues en couleurs. :)
Jessi
Mar 20, 2009 Jessi rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga
I loved this series so much. It was unlike any manga I've ever read before. It's about a teenage girl that becomes the model for a group of fashion students. There is the in-your-face punk, the hot mysterious guy, the cross-dresser, and the super adorable girl. The drawings are beautiful and the characters are original.

However, there is one big problem with Paradise Kiss and that is the sexual content. I personally don't like that sort of thing so I never finished the series.
Lara
Sep 27, 2011 Lara rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Yukari gets in deeper with the Yazawa Arts gang, especially George, and finds herself getting farther and farther away from her old life--which worries her old crush, Tokumori, when she fails to show up for exams.

This whole volume kind of makes me cringe...probably because I am a big goody-two-shoes and Yukari's behavior totally freaks me out. Yazawa's story telling is just so good though!
Yossra Ahmad Sameh
Jan 15, 2014 Yossra Ahmad Sameh rated it did not like it
i didn't like it i was into it so much and then i hated george and then i hated how it ended
kelly
Jan 14, 2014 kelly rated it really liked it
Shelves: living-room
The shojo I compare all others to. Love the style. Yes, it's fairly insipid but it's adorable and I love it.
Carrie Asagiri
May 30, 2015 Carrie Asagiri rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
Excelente segundo volúmen de este manga fantástico. La verdad que es increíble la manera realista con que Ai Yazawa logra desarrollar a sus personajes con situaciones tan cercanas a sus lectores.
Lauren
Feb 10, 2015 Lauren rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga
I absolutely loved all the fashion and different styles in this series. The characters were so serious and it definitely added to the drama and tense atmosphere of the story line.
Lea
May 15, 2012 Lea added it
I loved this series. The characters were easy to connect too and the plot was interesting. Ai Yazawa always has amazing work! Fans of Nana should definitely read this short series as well.
Wee!wawaLAA!!!
Nov 27, 2008 Wee!wawaLAA!!! rated it really liked it
Eheh, so she runs away from home, and basically is considered "disowned" now. It is visible to see her changes from the beginning to this point already.
Sophie
Apr 05, 2013 Sophie rated it liked it
Shelves: 2013-challenge, manga
This volume was also okay, however the ending heavily suggested that the story was going to gain some more depth soon. I will look forward to that.
Danyka
Apr 07, 2013 Danyka rated it really liked it
I'd watched and liked the anime version when I was still a kid.

For now, I got no plans for buying a copy.
Monica
Sep 02, 2010 Monica rated it liked it
Recommends it for: People who want a different kind of manga to read
Recommended to Monica by: Goodreads
Interesting. The characters are different from most manges. The artist draws them with exaggeratively long legs.
  • Mars, Volume 08
  • Hot Gimmick, Vol. 5
  • Tramps Like Us, Vol. 2
  • Chobits, Vol. 5
Ai Yazawa (矢沢 あい ,Yazawa Ai, born 1967-03-07 in Hyōgo Prefecture, Japan) is a Japanese manga author. Her pen name comes from Japanese singer Eikichi Yazawa, of whom she is a fan.

Yazawa started her manga publishing life in 1985; throughout 15 years of publishing, she wrote over 10 series in Ribon. While most of her manga continues to be published in Japan by Shueisha, publishers of Ribon and Cookie
More about Ai Yazawa...

Paradise Kiss (5 books)
  • Paradise Kiss, Vol. 1 (Paradise Kiss, #1)
  • Paradise Kiss, Vol. 3 (Paradise Kiss, #3)
  • Paradise Kiss, Vol. 4 (Paradise Kiss, #4)
  • Paradise Kiss, Vol. 5 (Paradise Kiss, #5)