Start by marking “Mourning for the Bridegroom: His Return. Our Hope.” as Want to Read:
Mourning for the Bridegroom: His Return. Our Hope.

Mourning for the Bridegroom: His Return. Our Hope.

4.23 of 5 stars 4.23  ·  rating details  ·  13 ratings  ·  3 reviews
In Mourning for the Bridegroom, Dana Candler explores the suffering we endure until Jesus returns, giving both language and practical application for all believers who are living in the delay before He comes.
Published February 28th 2010 by Forerunner Books (first published 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Mourning for the Bridegroom, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mourning for the Bridegroom

Connie
Right now we are standing between Christ's two comings. As a bride longs for the return of her bridegroom, so the Bride of Christ yearns for the return of her Bridegroom Jesus Christ. What does this look like? We cannot live without Him. We look for Him, we study Him to know Him better (how He looks, what He does as found in His Word), we get ourselves ready so that we are beautiful for Him and thus hasten His return.

There are a lot of scripture references that I think are sometimes taken out of
Paul
I think Dana is the best writer to come out of IHOP that I've come across. She captures the modern contemplative DNA with eloquence. She and others like Misty Edwards have moved past having mere intimacy, and now live in that that "deep missing Him" because she can't experience Him more often. It is inspiring! This is her second book, with her first book "Deep Unto Deep" laying the foundation for this book on Mourning. Both books are excellent.
Laurel Householter
This is an incredible book about fasting & prayer & how they help us to enter into right relationship with Jesus, our husband.
penny tucci
penny tucci marked it as to-read
Jun 02, 2015
Simon Peter
Simon Peter marked it as to-read
Mar 03, 2015
Jacquelyn
Jacquelyn marked it as to-read
Jan 03, 2015
Debbie Spence
Debbie Spence is currently reading it
Mar 14, 2014
Mary Jane
Mary Jane marked it as to-read
Feb 25, 2014
James
James marked it as to-read
Nov 06, 2013
Tammy Collins
Tammy Collins marked it as to-read
Aug 27, 2013
Jose Hernandez
Jose Hernandez marked it as to-read
Jul 19, 2013
Jen Trich nevil
Jen Trich nevil marked it as to-read
Jun 10, 2013
Cheryl
Cheryl marked it as to-read
Apr 16, 2013
Nicole Johnson
Nicole Johnson marked it as to-read
Apr 09, 2013
Kasie Ewing
Kasie Ewing marked it as to-read
Jan 24, 2013
Prescious Washington
Prescious Washington is currently reading it
Dec 06, 2012
Rachel
Rachel marked it as to-read
Aug 22, 2012
Zack
Zack added it
Jul 07, 2012
Kim Zimmerman
Kim Zimmerman marked it as to-read
Dec 30, 2012
Deep Unto Deep: The Journey of His Embrace Entirety: Love Gives All The Rewards of Fasting: Experiencing the Power and Affections of God The Rewards of Fasting: Experiencing the Power and Affections of God