Start by marking “Manhattan” as Want to Read:

Manhattan

Published December 22nd 2011 by Sphere (first published December 20th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Manhattan, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Manhattan

Leah
Nov 21, 2011 Leah rated it it was amazing
Manhattan by Rooni Cooper is a book I read without any pre-conceived notions. I haven’t read Ronni’s debut novel, Rock Chicks, so I went into the book blind. Ronni has made the switch from the music scene to the writing scene (although you won’t find her on the music scene under Ronni Cooper as I’m almost sure it’s a pseudonym) and I was massively impressed with Manhattan. There’s something so satisfying about being surprised by a book, and I found Manhattan to be a fast-paced novel that was ver ...more
Asma Gallardo
It could have done with upping the glamour part than the "special VIP treatment" thing ..on the bright side it was loaded wid ambition..'one day', 'no fear', 'keep calm' mantras could be a major help sometimes..it was a wild ride into the clubbing world..i truly believe that the books we read are major fragments of the reality we live in.. Nd this book was oozing with the lifestyle of our "stars"..One day....... Our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them..
Chloe
Dec 06, 2011 Chloe rated it it was amazing
Raine: Born in Brooklyn, the undisputed queen of the City, Raine owns the sexiest, starriest nightclub in New York - and no one is ever going to take her crown. Mei-Lin: The beautiful, enigmatic madam moves in all the right circles - but it wasn't always that way. Now her American dream has become a nightmare and she may have to pay the ultimate price for freedom. Stevie: Once the lead singer of the biggest female rock band in the world, Stevie is now flying solo – but she has a secret that coul ...more
Georgina
Dec 06, 2011 Georgina rated it it was amazing

Sometimes, I come across a book that I am sure I will enjoy, but I'm a little reluctant to start. Theres never really any reasoning behind it, other than thinking that I am not going to enjoy it as much as I perhaps would other books in my TBR pile. Well, before I picked it up and started to read, Manhattan was one of those books. Once I started reading, I soon realised that the old saying of "you should never judge a book by its cover", could not have run
Maria
Jan 10, 2013 Maria rated it really liked it
Shelves: chick_lit
Kun on lukenut Rock Chicksn, tätä ei voi kirjoittaa vertaamatta siihen. Sen verran samanlainen on jo lähtöasetelma: päähenkilöinä kolme nuorta naista, seksiä, huumeita, pahuudenpesiä ja kasarirockia.

Tässä, kuten genren kirjoissa usein, on selkeää intertekstuaalisuutta Rock Chicksin kanssa. Kaikki tapahtuu samassa maailmassa. Itse asiassa Stavien bändi esiintyy samalla keikalla kuin Rock Chiksin bändi Steel Spikes, ja aiemman kirjan Suurella Pahalla Antagonistillakin on osansa juonessa.

Nathalie
Mar 22, 2012 Nathalie rated it really liked it
After winning this in a blog competition at Christmas, I have finally got around to reading it!
I have spent the most part of today (Saturday) reading this, and I have really enjoyed it. Once I properly got into the story and the characters, I was able to read it quite fast. It was written mainly as flashbacks to the three women's lives, and how they end up at a particular point at the end of the story.
I felt it was well written, but also rather shocking in places - some of the things that happe
Amanda Cowen
Sep 06, 2012 Amanda Cowen rated it it was amazing
What an awesome and well thought out novel. Ronni Cooper is raw and riveting. She tells it like it is. Each of her characters were unique and relatable. This was a nice change from bubbly chick-lit like Emily Giffin.

Told from the view point of three different characters, she ties everything together nicely and makes for an epic outcome. I can't wait to read her other novel "Rock Chicks"

Mandy Baggot
Dec 30, 2011 Mandy Baggot rated it really liked it
The book is set in the New York nightclub scene following the lives of three woman, Stevie (the rock star), Mei-Lin (a high class prostitute) and Raine (a professional club-goer set on revenge). I really enjoyed all three of the interlocking stories and felt empathy for all the characters. A good read for those who like glitz and glamour with a dash of harsh reality.
Sandra Miller
Reminiscent of Tilly Bagshawe.

Fun read, lots of action. Good characters who interact in an interesting way. A nice Asian tang to spice it up. The story came together well and ended nicely.
Janine
Mar 18, 2016 Janine rated it liked it
I was looking for some candy to read in bite sized pieces and this was ideal. Nothing challenging. Juicy storyline of poor girls with ambition, pushing through obstacles and getting revenge. Solid three stars, doubt it will linger long for me.
Shannon Coleman
Jan 16, 2012 Shannon Coleman rated it liked it
Not bad, Seems a lot of research was done.
Camilla Oht
Feb 15, 2013 Camilla Oht rated it it was amazing
After reading rock chicks this book was amazing. You could read it without haven read the first (rock chicks) but it gets on a whole new level if you do! A must read (along with the first)
Kara Dickinson
Apr 10, 2012 Kara Dickinson rated it it was ok
I was So looking forward to this book...what the heck?! Took me too long to finish because I was just not into it.
Aileen
May 14, 2012 Aileen rated it really liked it
Shelves: chic-lit
Couldn't put it down! Fantastic read, Love how everyone links and the twist at the end.. really enjoyable. Will definitely be looking for more from Ronnie Cooper
Helen Carolan
Nov 12, 2014 Helen Carolan rated it really liked it
A fun read. Three ladies claw their way back from the horror of their early teen years to set up the hottest night club in New York. Enjoyed.
Gibson8026
Jun 02, 2013 Gibson8026 rated it really liked it
loved how these girls lives intertwined.
Tiffany
Dec 31, 2013 Tiffany rated it really liked it
Every now and then, a girl needs a good smut read, and this one was exactly what I wanted!

Sexy, scandalous, intense... exactly as advertised. And very clearly written by a British woman. A win/win!
Claudia
Apr 02, 2011 Claudia rated it really liked it
4.5
Loved it! Love how the characters from Rock Chicks made a few brief appearances too.
Ronni Cooper writes awesome stories. And it's so satisfying when everyone gets their happy ending.
Jacey
Jacey rated it liked it
Jun 11, 2012
Cassandra E Cortez
Cassandra E Cortez rated it it was ok
Jan 02, 2015
E.C
E.C rated it it was amazing
Dec 29, 2012
Kim Threadgall
Kim Threadgall rated it it was amazing
Jun 13, 2016
Rodrigo Zepeda
Rodrigo Zepeda rated it liked it
Oct 11, 2012
Jennifer Haines
Jennifer Haines rated it really liked it
Aug 11, 2014
Naomi
Naomi rated it it was amazing
Jul 06, 2014
Maria
Maria rated it it was amazing
Jul 23, 2013
Barbara Barclay
Barbara Barclay rated it really liked it
Oct 20, 2014
Clare Mccarthy
Clare Mccarthy rated it really liked it
Jan 01, 2013
Candace Hillier
Candace Hillier rated it it was ok
Jun 25, 2015
Kirsten Nimmo
Kirsten Nimmo rated it really liked it
Jun 25, 2015
  • Babies in Waiting
  • I Love The 80s
  • Jenny Lopez Has a Bad Week
  • Fame
  • Persuade Me (Darcy & Friends, #2)
  • One Minute to Midnight