Start by marking “Seized By Love” as Want to Read:
Seized By Love

Seized By Love (Russian/Kuzan Family series #1)

3.67 of 5 stars 3.67  ·  rating details  ·  431 ratings  ·  27 reviews
Well versed in the sensual arts, Prince Nikolai Kuzan wagers that he will be able to seduce the chaste Alsia Forseus in three days and steal her from her husband, but the lark turns serious when Kuzan finds himself falling in love.
Published by Playboy Press (first published 1978)

To ask other readers questions about Seized By Love, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Seized By Love

SueBee★bring me an alpha!★
 photo JohnsonKuzan1TitlebySueBee_zps7c241909.jpg
 photo K1AbySueBee_zps7bdcfd72.gif
 photo K1BbySueBee_zps91bde3ca.gif
★★★★★! The Russian/Kuzan Family, book 1 of 4. Prince Nikki wagers at seduction, but soon finds himself torn between his playboy lifestyle & the possibility of love!

US EDITION SERIES INFO & REVIEW
Russian/Kuzan Family series
Book 1
Formats: Kindle & paperback in both US/UK

The Russian/Kuzan Family series takes us to a less used setting, the Russian Empire following three generations of alpha males with amber eyes. The Kuzan family is Russian Royalty, wealthy beyond belief, entitl
Karla
I could barely summon the interest to see this book through to the end, but its relative short length made it idiotic to toss it aside. I did hope it would get better, but it sort of had its development all ass-backwards. The first part is rushed to introduce the characters and the contrived situation that throws them together, and then later on we get all the drama and angst and back-and-forth between the hero and heroine that I was apparently supposed to be absorbed by, but which might have be ...more
Jen
I wanted to add a quick review on this book I have read a few years back. I was just reading another GR friend's review and it jarred my memory of this book that I fell in love with it when I read it! In fact, after I read "Seized By Love," I immediately ran out and bought the rest of this series. Of course, as I get side tracked very easy, I didn't continue on with the series; but my paperbacks are still waiting in my library! I now am committed to cracking them open as I would love to see wher ...more
FlibBityFLooB
The heroine in this novel was treated as chattel for the most part, and her supposed-hero even addressed her as chattel at one point in the text. This was quite literally a bodice-ripper, originally written in 1978. Happily, there wasn't any outright rapes in the novel.

On the positive side, the Russian backdrop was an interesting variation, and the hero did have some redeeming qualities despite his neandertal romance hero outlook on life. However, in the end, I won't rush out to read any furthe
PurplyCookie
I was completely appalled and abhorred reading this book. In an introductory letter to the reader, Johnson writes that this story follows the tradition of romances of the past described as "bodice-rippers". The story was originally printed in 1978. This book is incorrectly labelled a "bodice-ripper"; bodice ripping is far to mild a description for this story.

The characters in this book are completely reprehensible. The hero treats the heroine wretchedly. He insults, ignores, domineers, and force
LuvGirl
HERE IT IS, MY FAVORITE BOOK EVER! (This is the review I wrote 10 years ago on amazon) September 14, 2004.

Dear readers, I love reading about bad boys, and there is no boy badder, than Nikki Kuzan! If you are softhearted and can't handle the drama that a bad boy is going to bring, then this book is not for you, but to all the others who is a little on the wild side, go an take a ride with Nikki Kuzan. It seems to me that Susan Johnson knows every woman’s fantasies. Nikki is not your average roma
Elle
I'm surprised I enjoyed this book as much as I did... It is a very old school bodice ripping romance which isn't my usual taste but it was very good. The leading man (the prince) is very dominant, he's truly loving and comapssionate underneith, but demanding, possessive, controlling and passive agressive at times. His leading lady (Alisa) is timid, shy and submissive (qualities that are not abundant in myself and I therefore have a hard time understanding in others)

Alisa escapes her physically
Kelly
Alisa I feel for you! I didn't want to LOVE Prince Nikolai how could I he was an insufferable, spoiled, cad! So I didn't find your character weak but I am now questioning mine! LOL

I'm not surprised Seized by Love received such mixed ratings. Susan Johnson draws a hero that is deeply flawed and many romance readers don't go for cheating Hero's.

I just wanted to fix him make Nikki come around and see how lucky he was to have found Alisa.

The Russian scape was fantastic and made me long for St. Pe
Becky
I can tell from my shelf placement that I was really confused about this book. I finished it, because it was relatively short and the beginning intrigued me enough to see it through. The characters however, got more irritating as we went and I can't say that I ended up liking either one of them too much. At the same time it wasn't as bad as some bodice rippers I've read. So just...whatever.
Tash
I have a high tolerance power when it comes to douchebags in HR, but Prince Kuzan was a little over the top for me, even by my standards. I'm one of those people who loves crazy, jealous, dominant, psycho heroes lol. But cheating is where I draw the line. I still don't understand what happened to the hero after the wedding and why he suddenly went back to his ways of douchery and debauchery.
The book was otherwise engaging and well written. I would've liked the Prince more had he not cheated. I
Nicole
If you like dumb women with no self respect or pride then this is for you. Goodness gracious, I hated this cruel, nasty, ass, jerkoff. He was horrible and spent most of the book having sex with everything with a hole, bragging about his bastards and OF COURSE treating the heroine like sh*t. Definitely a wonderful read. Heavy on the sarcasm.
Sandy
Just finished this one last night. It took the near death of the heroine in childbirth to get the hero to become faithful. Even then, you had to wonder if he meant it. I liked this book okay, I've read much better (including Susan's book Outlaw, which I like very much), but I've also read worse.
Ana
This book's title should have been "Seized by a Misogynyst!" Ugh, the novel left me feeling dirty and abused. What a horrible way to treat the woman one "loves" ... By abusing her, cheating on her and insulting her through words and actions! Yuck! Negative 10 stars for me!
Quinn
Diabolically bad. Do yourself a favour and stay far, far away from this one. This has got it all - everything bad about bodice-rippers - and then some. I can't believe I kept reading in the hope that the hero would improve. He doesn't.
Anya
Two people could not annoy me more!!

Every time I read a bodice ripper I always think to myself " Leave!" I started reading them as a way to try and understand why my real life friends in today's modern times put up with this very treatment given all the opportunities we women in Western cultures have that yesterday's woman did not. With that stated:

Alisa is the most weak minded, annoying heroine I have ever come across and Nikolai has no redeeming qualities to speak of! The two deserve each othe
Lorena Rabelo
I really, really like historical romance novels, and, honestly, it is not something I’m very proud of. But what is one supposed to do? They’re just so alluring.

"Seized by Love", Susan Johnson’s first book, was one I particularly wanted to read: I love her books, and I knew it couldn’t possibly go wrong. It didn’t: it is entertaining, the Russian setting seemed pretty well-researched, the characters are agreeable enough, and the story compels you to keep reading and reading, never mind how squish
Caitlin
I finished it but I couldn't really connect with the characters. The hero is a total jerk, while the heroine is a bit of a doormat.
Julie
total rubbish do not bother with it
Roberta Ogilvie-Fye
I've read just about all of this lady's romance novels and have always loved the characters she comes up with. Susan Johnson's writing is so unlike the other romance novelist's in that she always imbibes the characters with very spirited and thought provoking word-play. I wish at times that I could be as witty as her characters. I haven't read this book, and would love to swap with someone, if willing.
Laura James
My one star review of this book may be unfair because I abandoned it about 100 pages in. This is definitely an "old-school" romance with a dominant hero, which I generally like, but I never felt much chemistry between the characters, and it failed to draw me into the story.
Laurie Autore
I really enjoyed this book. The historical time line through out the story had me checking the facts as I read the book! I love that! This author is not for prudes!!!! I bought all of her books & love them all.
JoAnn
I read this a few years ago. It is the first book I read by Susan Johnson, and it has inspired me to avoid her books since. I don't remember much except that I was put off by the premise and the hero.
Roub
the hero was an ass and i immensely disliked him !!but that's how men were at the time. they had a harem. he did love her in his own way. the book was captivating anyway so i had to give it a 4 star
Theresa
Dear God,

What utter drivel...it was like reading the creative writing of an angsty 13 year old...
Jen
Jun 23, 2012 Jen marked it as to-read
My GOD check out that SERIOUSLY SWASHY lettering, OH MY GOD THAT IS HOT.
Jenny
decent read......I read it in one night. He was a jerk though.
Amy Houser
Amy Houser marked it as to-read
Jan 18, 2015
  • Caress and Conquer
  • Angel in a Red Dress
  • Forbidden Love
  • Bold Angel
  • Stormfire
  • Bride of the Wind
  • Lady Gallant (European Renaissance Duo, #1) (Ladies, #1)
  • Absolute Pleasure
  • Love Slave
  • The Coming Home Place
  • The Rake's Rainbow
  • To Have and To Hold (Wyckerley Trilogy, #2)
  • The Duke's Wager (Bessacarr, #1)
  • Never Call It Love
  • Dancing with Clara (Sullivan, #2)
  • Risk Everything (The Blackthorn Trilogy, #3)
  • The Conqueror
  • The Fourth Child
And it all began rather serendipitously. Long ago, as they say, in another time, when fast food hadn't reached our area and the only shopping was what the feed mill offered, I was reading a book that annoyed me .

My husband was lying beside me in bed, watching TV. Turning to him, I sort of petulantly said, "How the hell did this book get published?"

"If you think you're so smart," he replied, with
More about Susan Johnson...

Russian/Kuzan Family series (4 books)
  • Love Storm (Russian series/Kuzan Family series, #2)
  • Sweet Love, Survive (Russian series/Kuzan Family series, #3)
  • Golden Paradise (Russian series/Kuzan Family series, #4)
Sinful (St. John-Duras, #1) Blaze (Braddock-Black, #1) Wicked (St. John-Duras, #2) Pure Sin Brazen (Braddock-Black, #4)