Start by marking “Visions of Beauty II: Images of 12 Figure Models” as Want to Read:
Visions of Beauty II: Images of 12 Figure Models

Visions of Beauty II: Images of 12 Figure Models

it was ok 2.00  ·  Rating Details  ·  4 Ratings  ·  4 Reviews
Figure studies of 12 female professional nude models taken over a 4 year period. The beauty of a dozen women is brought out in both indoor and outdoor settings. Whoever designed the female human body did one heck of a job, didn't they? Artists of all types - painters, sculptors, photographers and others - have been attempting to show us their vision of it for thousands of ...more
Published January 14th 2010 by Goofy Rooster Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Visions of Beauty II, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Visions of Beauty II

Michelle
Mar 30, 2010 Michelle rated it it was ok
Gary Melton didn't quite capture what he set out to do: "Gary's work is all about capturing light and shadow so that a photograph's two dimensions appear to be three. It's also about accentuating women's natural beauty, while still giving you hints about their sensuality."

The photographer notes that the photos were initially taken for himself, which a person may or may not want to admit.

The photos are more like naked shots of stereotypical nude models rather than nudes. The photographs of London
Megan Hansen
Apr 04, 2010 Megan Hansen rated it liked it
Shelves: books-i-won, art
I can only review this book on how I could find it useful, which would be as a reference book. If you’re looking to do figure drawing or some such art, this is an okay book to pick up. Some pictures are better than others, some more overtly sexual than others. But a few of the photos are actually quite pretty.
Kirsten Rodning
Apr 11, 2010 Kirsten Rodning rated it did not like it
Shelves: first-reads, art
I was very excited to win a copy of this book through "First Reads" -- it's my first win! When I requested this book, I read the description and thought that it looked like an interesting art book -- I love collecting art books of all kinds, and thought that this would be a cool book to have in my collection. The description of the book makes it seem like a collection of really unique photographs.

Unfortunately, when I received the book and looked in detail at the art inside, I was a bit disappoi
Ralph McEwen
Apr 21, 2011 Ralph McEwen rated it it was ok
Sorry to say that I was not overwelmed with this collection. I liked the exterior shots and the lighting technique on one of the interior shots. Thanks though to the First Reads giveaway program - I hope someone else enjoys this more.
Connie Harrison
Connie Harrison marked it as to-read
Jul 03, 2010
Marcy Strahan
Marcy Strahan marked it as to-read
Ann Kerr
Ann Kerr marked it as to-read
Diane Vinesett
Diane Vinesett marked it as to-read
Dwayne Mailman
Dwayne Mailman marked it as to-read
Mar 20, 2010
Sarah Montgomery
Sarah Montgomery marked it as to-read
Mar 19, 2010
Adrianna
Adrianna marked it as to-read
Mar 19, 2010
Jennifer marked it as to-read
Mar 18, 2010
Tracey
Tracey marked it as to-read
Mar 17, 2010
Earlene Glasgow
Earlene Glasgow marked it as to-read
Mar 17, 2010
Kimberly
Kimberly marked it as to-read
Mar 16, 2010
Candace
Candace marked it as to-read
Mar 16, 2010
Sophie
Sophie marked it as to-read
Timothy Dean
Timothy Dean marked it as to-read
B Sonsen
B Sonsen marked it as to-read
Marilyn
Marilyn marked it as to-read
Mar 10, 2010
Dean Shuck
Dean Shuck marked it as to-read
Mar 08, 2010
Dina
Dina marked it as to-read
Mar 06, 2010
Kristy
Kristy marked it as to-read
Mar 06, 2010
Arianne
Arianne marked it as to-read
Mar 01, 2010
Heather
Heather marked it as to-read
Feb 28, 2010
Kelly Flanagan
Kelly Flanagan marked it as to-read
Feb 28, 2010
Mysterium
Mysterium marked it as to-read
Alyssa Blaine B
Alyssa Blaine B marked it as to-read
Kitty
Kitty added it
Gary Melton
Feb 17, 2010 Gary Melton added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Author, Photographer, and the President/CEO of Goofy Rooster Publishing.

Born and raised in Dallas - Gary Melton is a Texan through and through. His journey into the world of photography began years ago with the purchase of a 35mm single lens reflex camera at a U.S. Army PX in Budingen, Germany. Shortly after leaving the service, what started as a hobby and grew into a passion, became an enterprise
More about Gary D. Melton...