Start by marking “Silver City (Silver Sequence, #2)” as Want to Read:
Silver City (Silver Sequence, #2)

Silver City (Silver Sequence #2)

Milo, transformed into a luminous silver child, keeps watch over the teeming city of Coldharbour, now filled with children from all over the world. We meet Tanni and Parminder, who lead the frightening Unearthers, children who are virtually human drills. But who is controlling them? Why are they draining Thomas of his beauty? Where is the Roar? And what is the significance ...more
Published March 1st 2006 by Carolrhoda Books (first published August 19th 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Silver City, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Silver City

Jena Marston
Sep 24, 2008 Jena Marston rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Sci Fi , or Fantasy Lovers
Ok, I liked the first book, I loved the second book and I am really enjoying the third book.

The first book was hard to get through, the second book was not as hard.

It was, once again, a cliff hanger. So, if you decide to read this series, make sure you borrow all 3.

I still stand by my opinion that this book should not be on the shelves for JF it should be YA Fiction at the least.
It deals with a lot of death and horrible things and changes happening to these children and it creeps me out a little
Koorihime-sama
Checked out from the library.

Review/Rating:

2 out of 5

2ND REVIEW. 1ST REVIEW IS HERE.

The Roar, devourer of planets, is finally on her way to the planet Earth. Will the changed children be able to stop her from destroying their planet?

First, what was I thinking when I thought I should re-read this?!

Okay, my feelings haven’t really changed from the first time I read it.

I’ll summarize since I don’t want to think that much about this book. Things I didn’t like:

- Not as short as the first book in this
Book Elf
Aug 11, 2011 Book Elf rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: my-bookshelf
The Silver City is a sequence to the Silver City by Cliff McNish. It was an easy and fast read and like the first book very intriguing too. I was compelled to read on. Again, the new characters here were beyond my creativity's grip and I was in awe of the author's superb originality. It was gross in a way, but I didn’t throw up or something but if I would see the creature he was describing in real life, I might. The battle between good and bad where good always win at the end ~ is here. There ...more
Stefanie
Jun 06, 2015 Stefanie rated it really liked it
A distressingly suspenseful follow up to Silver Child, this book hunkers down in the terrifying new world that is unfolding in Coldharbour and shows you more of what is happening to the children there so that they can protect the world. You learn what is making the terrifying roar and it is even more frightening than the disembodied roar alone. This book neatly faces issues of sacrifice and self-awareness and really makes you think.
Wyatt  bridgham
Feb 09, 2011 Wyatt bridgham rated it really liked it
This book was was full of action and had a very good plot. I is the second book in a series of three and if you read it you have to read the first book before or else you will not under stand it. I liked this book and would rate it a 4 out 5 because it was good but it was confusing at some points.
Aug 18, 2015 Sarah rated it really liked it
Shelves: ya
I really enjoyed it, especially because I didn't like silver child that much, this one really made me want to read it. And the people develop and stuff so it was cooler, and the whole apocalypse thing was very very cool.
Kami
Apr 20, 2008 Kami rated it liked it
Shelves: fantasy
I read this in one sitting. I think I'm still starving for books after my long hiatus. It is the second in the series and I can't wait to read the final installment. I am enjoying the mystery of these kids changing to defend the world.
Theo
Jul 16, 2011 Theo rated it really liked it
I really liked this one, and how the transformations continue. It showed excellent quality in the author. I also liked how you got to know the characters better. You really got to see how each character developed emotionally and physically.
Beth
Jan 02, 2016 Beth rated it liked it
Shelves: cybils, cybils-2015
I wanted the kids to have more agency -- they kept doing things without knowing why because the big alien things were controlling them.
Millie Harris
Millie Harris rated it it was amazing
May 10, 2013
Christine Carmel
Christine Carmel rated it liked it
Jul 30, 2012
Hilai
Hilai rated it liked it
Apr 10, 2011
Ashley
Ashley rated it it was amazing
Feb 24, 2013
Katy
Katy rated it really liked it
Mar 13, 2016
Cathy
Cathy rated it liked it
Dec 02, 2013
Emily
Emily rated it liked it
May 04, 2015
Mia Lockhart
Mia Lockhart rated it liked it
Oct 20, 2015
Caitlin
Caitlin rated it really liked it
Sep 05, 2014
Charlotte Gregory
Charlotte Gregory rated it really liked it
Feb 22, 2014
Dannyk
Dannyk rated it liked it
Feb 06, 2014
Pan
Pan rated it it was amazing
Mar 14, 2014
Tamora Pierce
Tamora Pierce rated it really liked it
Sep 08, 2008
Minn
Minn rated it did not like it
May 27, 2015
Gulzara Khatun
Gulzara Khatun rated it it was amazing
Nov 14, 2014
Michael Decker
Michael Decker rated it it was amazing
Mar 20, 2009
Arie Stars
Arie Stars rated it it was amazing
Apr 15, 2016
~Haelee~
~Haelee~ rated it really liked it
Apr 06, 2011
Jeremy
Jeremy rated it it was amazing
Mar 18, 2013
Rebecca Marshall
Rebecca Marshall rated it really liked it
Jan 05, 2013
Katelyn
Katelyn rated it really liked it
Jul 16, 2013
  • Spacer and Rat
  • Paws in the Proceedings
  • No Child's Game: Reality TV 2083
  • The Littles and the Great Halloween Scare
  • Prodigy
  • The Empty Kingdom (The Lion Hunters, #5)
  • The Hollow Bettle (Poisons of Caux, #1)
  • Jinx On The Divide (The Divide, #3)
  • Power Of Un
  • Test
  • The After-Room (The Apothecary, #3)
  • Mirror Image (Charmed, #19)
  • The Goodness Gene
  • The Keeper of the Isis Light (Isis, #1)
  • Keeper of the Earth (Daughter of Destiny, #4)
  • Soul Intent (Soul Identity, #2)
According to my Mum, when I was arriving in this world on the night of 24th August 1962 the electricity in the house failed, and all the lights went out. So I was born part in darkness and part in candlelight. I’ve no idea what significance that has, but it sounds impressive somehow…

I was born in Sunderland, a city in the north-east of England. I’d like to say I picked up the local Mackam accent,
More about Cliff McNish...

Silver Sequence (3 books)
  • The Silver Child (Silver Sequence, #1)
  • Silver World (Silver Sequence, #3)