Start by marking “Kristy's Big Day (The Baby-Sitters Club, #6)” as Want to Read:
Kristy's Big Day (The Baby-Sitters Club, #6)

Kristy's Big Day (The Baby-Sitters Club #6)

3.63  ·  Rating Details ·  3,302 Ratings  ·  100 Reviews
When her mother gets married, Kristy and the other members of the Baby-sitters Club have their hands full taking care of fourteen children at the wedding.
Published October 1st 1995 by Scholastic (first published January 1st 1987)

To ask other readers questions about Kristy's Big Day, please sign up.

Katrina Khoury The 14 kids and Kristy's mom and Watson getting married . Like Leah said

Ciara
dear god, i was OBSESSED with this book when i was a kid. it's all because of the babysitters taking care of fourteen kids for a week. i was really into how they split the kids up by age, & made little color-coded shaped name tags, & each group had age-appropriate activities...everything that appealed to me about this book was what appealed to me about the american girl catalogue. i like things that are organized & logical & collection-oriented. it's hard to explain.

of course, t
Amanda
5th grade, I was a total BabySitters Club addict. I think I read them until I was in 9th grade or something embarrassing. Anyway, THIS particular one was one of my absolute favorites, and I read it a bazillion times. It's the one where Kristy's mom marries Watson, or whatever the hell his name is. See the beatuiful yellow dress?!?!? And the babysitters had all the kids over at once and had to do games and stuff with them. It was like the girls were running their own day camp! One time I took thi ...more
Shira
Jan 12, 2016 Shira rated it really liked it
kristy's mom's wedding, planned for september, has to be moved to july because there is already an offer on the house (not to mention kristy's mom has a work trip to europe in september). the week of the wedding, the bsc has a day care for the 14 kids of adults that are working on the wedding.

highlights:
-this is the first time the baby-sitters have a large-scale organized baby-sitting project. this happens a lot throughout the series, but this early on it seems nigh impossible until they actuall
Laura Hughes
May 22, 2015 Laura Hughes rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: babysitters-club
WEDDING STUFF.

In the final week before her mother’s wedding, Kristy and the rest of the club hold a 9-to-5 daycare for the children of her visiting relatives. Kristy deals with lingering misgivings about her impending life changes, and serves as a bridesmaid in the wedding.

The five-day daycare takes up most of the book, and provides an interesting and unusual structure with plenty of baby-sitting and juicy meta-baby-sitting organizational planning.

Highlights: Kristy, Sam, and Charlie have a real
Amy H
This are such a great series, I am glad that I won them in an auction!!!

This story begins when Kristy's mom is getting married. Watson is a millionaire and lives in a huge mansion. Kristy is not exciting about moving because all of her friends live on the other side of town and they have their baby sisters club. Kristy was the president! How was this going to work when she moved!! The move started to seem a little nice when her mother told her she was going to be a bridesmaid and could even wear
Christina
This was the first Baby-sitters Club book I read. I remember I bought it at the school book fair and got hooked on the series. After that, I would ride my bike (a lavender Mountain bike) a few blocks to Waldenbooks on Main Street at the beginning of each month to see if there were any new books out (my other favorite series was The Fabulous Five by Ann M. Martin, and books by Christopher Pike and R.L. Stine). The juvenile section was at the back of the store, so I'd always park my bike and come ...more
Eva
Aug 24, 2015 Eva added it
This was one of my favorite series to read growing up as a kid/preteen. Brought back a lot of memories reading this one and I have more of them to reread. This one is about Kristy's mom getting married again and all that she and the Babysitters go tough before the wedding and during.
lisa
Jul 16, 2016 lisa rated it liked it
Two become one when Kristy's mother marries Watson, changing the lives of her children forever. I really like that in later books like Kristy and Mr. Mom, and The Baby Sitters At Shadow Lake Kristy realizes how much she has come to love Watson, and how much he means to her. Early in the series (such as in this book) Kristy hates Watson for no good reason. I think I read this when I was about nine or ten.

Things I remember from reading this as a kid:
At the time I read this, I really liked reading
Camille
Kristy's family is changing - her mother is finally getting married to Watson!

It's interesting. As a young BSC fan, Kristy was my least favourite character; yet, her stories seem to be the most exciting of them all. I really enjoyed this one - I liked the idea of the club doing something other than stock standard babysitting. The idea of them getting together and coordinating a big group of children - without immature fights and quarrels - is lots of fun, and Ann M Martin executed it well. Inst
Jean Marie
Apr 13, 2015 Jean Marie rated it liked it
I read books similar to these when i was younger and really enjoyed them. I normally read from Kristy's stepsisters point of view and read about the babysitter's club from Karen's perspective. I decided to read from Kristy's point of View now and really enjoyed it. When i was younger I would always babysit and it was interesting hearing about the babysitting struggles the club had and some of the same struggles I had when I was babysitting as well.

I think this would be a good independent reading
Gina
Oct 27, 2015 Gina rated it it was amazing
This is prebably one of my favorite books in the series. Kristy's mother and Watson are finally getting married. Kristy comes up with the brilliant idea to have the club whatch 14 kids all at once. They divide the kids into 5 groups, and the adventures" commence.
Since Kristy is one of my favorite baby-sitters, I usually enjoy her books. I do however think that her soon to be stepsister Karen is kind of annoying, but luckily she's not a huge part with the book. I also wondered if Mary Anne, and
Rachel Brand
This book is evidence that the original BSC books are far superior to the ghostwritten ones. For example - there is no official format in this book! I think that's why I enjoyed it so much. I reread Claudia Kishi, Middle School Drop-Out the other day and found myself skipping the babysitting chapters because I wasn't interested in the subplot. This was a really cute, fun book and I'm glad I chose to reread it. Definitely a keeper. 9/10
Shannon
Apr 15, 2016 Shannon rated it liked it
I'm noticing a trend in the ebook versions. The one I read was marketed as the "classic" version, but I'm fairly certain it was the "updated" one. Not a *huge* deal, but I did buy the updated ones on ebooks already. (AS they came out too.)
I'd have to do a side by side comparison to be sure, but the most obvious clue is the second/third chapter not being the super excruciating rehash it was in every single book.

Annoyances:
-KAREN.
-Kristy's weird attitude switch over the wedding. It's even lamps
Swonderland
Aug 04, 2016 Swonderland rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great

Yay! Watson and Kristys mom is at last getting married. Though the count down she has to mange to be the flower girl and run a "play school" for 14 cousins and Karen and Andrew. Its a lot of work from getting name tags on the "students" to making sure that the kids moms and dads pick up and take them to the right motel. But she turns out she's gotta secret weapon an immigrant when love is unafraid to step in ( yes I'm that big of a Hamilton nerd.) Actually now here's the unHamilton-afide ve
Julie Decker
Jul 05, 2014 Julie Decker rated it it was ok
In this book, Kristy's mom finally marries the rich stepdad we've been hearing about for a few books now, and the event plus a moving extravaganza requires . . . what else? Massive amounts of babysitting.

The sitters have to come together and sit for a ton of children at once, which is probably more of an event than planning a wedding if you ask them, and the girls have to work more like teachers or counselors herding children like sheep. What's disappointing about this book is how the believabil
Heather
Jul 07, 2010 Heather rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kids
My very first one. I won it in my third grade class (not sure what for - reading?), loved it, went back and started at #1, and the rest is history! : )
Elesa Hagberg
Mar 06, 2010 Elesa Hagberg rated it really liked it
Oh, how I loved these books when I was a kid.
Scotlyn
book is BY Ann M.Martin

Kristy's big day is about a girl name kristy and her mom and her brothers are moving to kristys going to be new stepdad and Kristy is not happy because she is not ready to move acrossed . she want to stay in town with her friends for the rest of the summer but her mom already sold the hould so now they have to move in 2 weeks.THen kristy finds out that her mom and watson are getting married in 1 week . And well her mom and watson and kristy's and the baby sitters have to w
Kristine (The Writer's Inkwell)
For me, Kristy's Big Idea probably serves as the first example that the girls in these books are actually capable of being responsible baby sitters. Considering the title of the series, I know that seems like a duh statement, but up until this point they really fail to impress. After all, no one wants a sitter who is going to threaten bodily harm on a child (i.e. Kristy in book one) or allows one to go outside alone in rainy and cold weather (i.e. Dawn in book five.)

As their seventh grade year c
Katie Fitzgerald
Kristy's Big Day is the sixth book in the Baby-sitters Club series and without a doubt, the one volume I re-read more than any other as a kid. Kristy's mom has been planning to get married since Watson's proposal back in Kristy's Great Idea, but in this book, the wedding is suddenly moved up to the beginning of the summer, rather than the end. This not only means that Kristy loses out on her last summer with her friends on Bradford Court, but it also means that she and her family have only a few ...more
Aubree Bowling
Sep 04, 2016 Aubree Bowling rated it it was amazing
It was so fun reading this to Lizzy! This is my all-time favorite installment in the series, and I was so excited to share it with my daughter. She loved it, too! My voice is tired, we read for over 2 hours yesterday and about 90 minutes today while she colored. 2 fantastic mommy daughter dates sharing a sweet, fun book. Nothing on earth beats reading to one or both of my kids! Morning sickness was worth it, to get to share books with my favorite people!
Valerie (He Said Books Or Me)
Aug 07, 2015 Valerie (He Said Books Or Me) rated it really liked it
The BSC changed my life in the 5th and 6th grade. My friends and I would coordinate so that we could read all of the books. I remember writing to Ann M. Martin to get her autograph. I thought it was amazing that she actually responded to me! I think growing up in a house that would change was a big adjustment and this book captured it in a very real way.
Leah
I want to comment on why Elizabeth couldn't just move her family to Watson's and then get married later. That is morally wrong and a book aimed at children should not promote something like that. Children at the age this book is geared towards would most likely think that it is weird. Parents get divorced but they don't move in with someone else without getting married first. Also, this book was written in the 1980s not the 2010s. What is socially acceptable now was not quite as acceptable then ...more
Tessa Munro
Sep 05, 2014 Tessa Munro rated it it was amazing
This summer I read The babysitters club, I thought it was a good book but it was a little young for me. The plot was good , and it was fast and fun. I liked it because it was a easy fast summer read. One of my favorite scenes was when they were all babysitting because I like babysitting so it kind of related to me. I would not recommend this book to anyone under the age of 11, but it is a fun read!
Yue
Alright, I have loooove these books when I was younger, so that's why I decided to buy the 6 first books of the series. I understand why I love them when I was younger, now they are a little childish to me (and here is speaking the girl who loves to read children's books). Maybe because the baby-sitters are too immature for my taste (as they should be, I mean, they are just 12-years-old!), but I can't help thinking, when I read Kristry's PoV, that she is too annoying, from Mary Anne's PoV, that ...more
Christie Tulloch
This novel was a wild ride. Kristy and everyone else involved in her mom's wedding is going crazy. It seems like things aren't going well. Whether it does or not, Kristy certainly experiences her big day.
Swankivy
Apr 22, 2013 Swankivy rated it it was ok
Well, there was a lot of contrived stuff in this one . . . what I LIKED was the cool system the babysitters who had to watch fourteen kids for a week figured out to keep the kids busy, fed, and happy, but I didn't like how ridiculous the concept was to force a wedding and a messy relocation into the plot. (I'm not saying it couldn't have been justified; I'm saying it wasn't.) The babysitters had to shift their understanding of babysitting to care for so many kids--like being camp counselors inst ...more
Cate Marsden
Jan 24, 2015 Cate Marsden rated it it was amazing
This was adorable, though it gets a little depressing watching a bunch of fictitious twelve-year-olds do a better job of coping with hordes of children than I could manage even now.
Alison Looney
Oct 26, 2008 Alison Looney rated it liked it
So I was hanging out at my favorite coffee shop yesterday while Dan was getting a haircut. There was a delay at the barber shop and I finished the book I brought with me and needed something new to read. Someone had left a copy of this Babysitters Club book and I thought, what the heck, it's been 15 years since I've read one of these - I'll give it a shot.

I was pleasantly surprised. I thought it would be like watching clips from one of your favorite childhood cartoons on YouTube, when you realiz
Courtney
Mar 01, 2016 Courtney rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016
The girls are starting to get a little snippy with their charges! Threatening to call Nannie, banning Karen from the playground, shaming them for their movie behavior.
  • The Haunted House (Sweet Valley Twins, #3)

More about Ann M. Martin...

The Baby-Sitters Club (1 - 10 of 132 books)
  • Kristy's Great Idea (The Baby-Sitters Club, #1)
  • Claudia and the Phantom Phone Calls (The Baby-sitters Club, #2)
  • The Truth About Stacey (The Baby-Sitters Club, #3)
  • Mary Anne Saves the Day (The Baby-Sitters Club, #4)
  • Dawn and the Impossible Three (The Baby-Sitters Club, #5)
  • Claudia and Mean Janine (The Baby-Sitters Club, #7)
  • Boy-Crazy Stacey (The Baby-Sitters Club, #8)
  • The Ghost at Dawn's House (The Baby-Sitters Club, #9)
  • Logan Likes Mary Anne! (The Baby-Sitters Club, #10)
  • Kristy and the Snobs (The Baby-Sitters Club, #11)

“thought for sure someone would screech or gasp or fall off the bed.” 0 likes