Heart of Texas Vol. 3

Heart of Texas Vol. 3 (Heart of Texas #5-6)

4.17 of 5 stars 4.17  ·  rating details  ·  1,122 ratings  ·  47 reviews
"Nell's Cowboy: "

Nell Bishop, widowed mother of two children, is turning her property into a dude ranch. And one of her first guests is Travis Grant, an Easterner known for his books about the West. Her kids are crazy about him--and she could fall for him herself. But it's too soon for her....

"Lone Star Baby: "

Wade McMillen might be a minister, but he's also a man. An unma...more
Published August 1st 2009 by Mira Books (first published February 1st 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Heart of Texas Vol. 3, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Heart of Texas Vol. 3

Kym McNabney
Nell's Cowboy:

I didn't really like this one. There were not enough encounters with Nell and Travis, though I did like them and liked the idea of the story. The author just spent way too much time on going over what was in the first four books. That might have been good if I hadn't read them, and especially if I hadn't JUST read them. The writing was well done, just the story of the two main characters was so brief, it was hard to get into it.

I did like what she did with the results to the Bitter...more
Cynthia
It is so easy to become part of the community in Debbie Macomber's books. The characters are all so likeable and pull you in until you live there too.
Verna Clay
Very enjoyable read with a mystery to be solved in "Nell's Cowboy" about Bitter End, a ghost town that mysteriously vacated in the 1800s, and is somehow linked to the town of Promise. I think the revelation of the mystery was done very well. The second book, "Lone Star Baby," was written at a slower pace and if not for the latter part, where the action picked up, I would have given it four stars. There was a wonderful conclusion to the mystery of Bitter End that brought resolution and left no qu...more
Ann Keller
The hallmark of every great author is his or her ability to draw the reader into the story, to have the reader identify with the characters so well that it almost feels like these events really happened. Debbie Macomber is such a writer.

In Nell’s Cowboy, an author from back East inadvertently lands on Nell Bishop’s doorstep. Although Nell grudgingly provides Travis with a room on her Texas dude ranch, she and her two children get more than they bargained for. The fatherless children are starved...more
Marianne
Nell’s Cowboy is the fifth of the Heart of Texas series by Debbie Macomber. Nell Bishop, lives with her mother-in-law, Ruth, and her children Jeremy and Emma on Twin Canyons, the ranch she worked with her husband Jake until he died in a tractor accident. To make ends meet she has decided to turn it into a dude ranch and, during a storm, hers is the only accommodation available to New York writer of children’s novels, Travis Grant. He can easily overlook the very basic facilities, because the fei...more
BookMaven
Aug 07, 2008 BookMaven rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone who needs a feel good pick me up.
Recommended to BookMaven by: Gift
Debbie Macomber can say more in 2 paragraphs than most writers say in 200 pages. She can really advance a story and juggle plotlines. This book is a combination of the two tailend books of a 6 book series. One can read one of these books and get a good idea about what is going to happen in the other books, which whets your appetite for the next book. She visits and engages each character in every book. You really get to know these characters and in lots of different scenarios, some where they ar...more
Kshydog
Nell's Cowboy: Glad that we find out what happened at Bitter End and the results of bad brother Richard Weston. Liked the main characters and their interactions with each other. Got an update into the lives of the others in the series.
Lone Star Baby: Gave a fitting good ending to Bitter End. Liked how she combined a compassionate minister to the whole story. Amazed at how quickly the town took to a pregnant single Mom.
Danielle Kurtz
Emotions

all can be found in this book. it takes hold of you.
Debbie Macomber is a GREAT writer. I like Her books they are easy to read out loud to a group of elderly people. there are some typos but I think that adds to her writing, reminding us that it's a story, not the truth.
Katrena
I love the Promise, TX series from Debbie Macomber and this book was great. Nice wholesome characters who find love and little updates on characters you met in the previous books in the series. One of my favorite series from one of my favorite authors.
Jeanne
Another good Macomber read. This one has two stories. Number one "Nell's Cowboy" is about Nell Bishop widowed mother trying to make her ranch into a dude ranch. Her first guest is Travis Grant a writer of children's books. There seems to be a spark there between them.............. The second story is "Lone Star Baby" is about Wade McMillen the minister of the town of Promise, Texas, and newcomer Amy Thornton single pregnant and alone. Wade is drawn to this attractive woman. Are they made for ea...more
Kris Shearer
Great summer reading, especially if you are familiar with the Texas hill country.
PWRL
Apr 07, 2014 PWRL marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2014-new
SM
Michelle Molinari
This is the combination (re-print) of two novels in the Heart of Texas saga (Nell’s Cowboy and Lone Star Baby). I do love all these characters and I love how each book spotlights a different set of characters. These two highlight two different love stories and we find out the secrets of Bitter End! Instead of following just one character through-out the eight books, the readers gets to see everyone’s lives. A great way to keep the series going and keep the readers’ interest peaked.
Niki
Like all of Debbie Macomber's books this is a fast, fun easy romance. I always like how fast they grab your attention and can keep it easily.
Cathy
I love Debbie Macomber books, but I have to say that this one was way too predictable. Maybe it was because I read the other two and knew what would happen. They are fun easy reads and you don't need to think (which I need every once in awhile). I did like her Blossom Street series the best, but this was good and would recommend it to anyone who just wants to relax and read and have a good ending. I love her characters and love to keep up with them all in each book.
Judy Wise
The story continues with Nell Bishop and Travis Grant finding their way along with that ghost town suspense thrown in, as well as bringing you up to date on how the rest of the residents in town are doing in Nell's Cowboy.

We following the story of Wade the minister as he finds his ladylove and people we finally find out the answer to the ghost town Lone Star Baby.

I have enjoyed each story and feel I am with old friends. I will be sorry to see the saga end.
Ann Boytim
Third bok in this series - easy reading and ending with matching just about every charaters in the three books - weddings, babies and closure on a ghost town called Bitter End. Ghost down was a deserted run down empty town that had a air of doom about it. Houses left and residents fleed to settle in a new town. Everyone who found the ghost town left in a hurry not a good feeling, going back in history a young man was hanged and the town cursed.
Adetia
The third volume in the set, this book only served to reinforce why it is one of my favorites from Debbie Macomber! I really enjoy the Texas setting, the characters, and the idea of getting to know everyone around town. I like that not everyone in these stories have "perfect" lives and that the issues they face are both modern and realistic.
Esther Fishman
Third in a series. Excellent.
Lara
It was a nice ending to the series, but haing read all the books back-to-back, it becomes rather formulaic. Or rather, it's always formulaic but it becomes more apparent reading the series in one go.

Much prefer the Blossom Street series, but this was still an enjoyable read.
Jackie
Overall a good book and fast read. Buffalo Valley and Midnight Sons series are my favorite but this series wasn't bad. I liked how this one followed the same characters through the series, of course new ones were met in each book.
Kim Hall
OK I am a sucker for a love story with a happy ending! I honestly laughed out-loud at parts. Macomber has a way of capturing feelings and making them come alive. She adds just enough romance to allow your mind to wander. Great summer read!
Sharon
Picked this up at a garage sale and I will be looking for the next series. I love to read books that just pass the days with ease during the summer and this sure has done it for me. I thoroughly enjoyed the reading it.
Tonya
Wonderful cute typical Debbie Macomber feel good cozy love stories! I can't get enough of her writing!!! I will have to get the previous 2 but you can read this independent of each other as well!
Reen Graham
Always a pleasure to get lost in Macomber's feel-good stories. The characters are easy to like and i want to crawl inside the pages to live in such a nice community as theirs.
Glenda L
Two stories set in Promise, Texas. Lots of secrets and a mysterious past (a Ghost Town.) The stories are all about love, family and friendship in Debbie Macomber style.
Maureen Mullis
Such a sweet couple of books. Macomber is a good story teller, and with these two stories she brought the series to a satisfying conclusion.
Diane
Typical Deb Macomber writing - enough excitement to keep you interested in what's next? Good light reading to be entertaining.
Brenda
This is the third novel of a 3 volume set. Enjoyed the series. Good, easy reads. Read all 3 volumes while on a weeklong trip.
Tina
Jul 28, 2008 Tina rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: those who enjoy fun stories of romance
This was a very enjoyable set of two stories. Both were easy reading if you like stories about romance.
  • The Backup Plan (The Charleston Trilogy, #1)
  • McKettrick's Luck (McKettrick Men, #1) (McKettricks, #6)
  • Star Bright
  • Kentucky Sunrise (Kentucky, #3)
  • Somewhere Along The Way (Harmony #2)
  • Anna's Gift (Hannah's Daughters, #3)

Macomber is the author of more than 100 novels, most recently the instant #...more
More about Debbie Macomber...
The Shop on Blossom Street (Blossom Street, #1 ) A Good Yarn (Blossom Street, #2) 204 Rosewood Lane (Cedar Cove, #2) 16 Lighthouse Road (Cedar Cove, #1) Twenty Wishes (Blossom Street, #5)