Start by marking “Welcome to Monster Town” as Want to Read:
Welcome to Monster Town

Welcome to Monster Town

3.68 of 5 stars 3.68  ·  rating details  ·  72 ratings  ·  18 reviews
As soon as the sun sets on Monstertown, creatures of all kinds go to work. So hop on the Ghoul Bus and see for yourself who inhabits this ghoulish town. Dr. Cyclops, Postmaster Skeleton, Frank N. Stein, Dr. Mummy, Captain Witch, and many other monster friends—including a junior monster-in-training—will welcome you with open arms!
Published July 20th 2010 by Henry Holt and Co. (BYR)

To ask other readers questions about Welcome to Monster Town, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Welcome to Monster Town

Andy
If there's anything kids like as much as robots it's monsters, and Ryan Heshka's tribute to monsters is every bit as fun as "Welcome To Robot Town". His artwork is just as colorful and imaginative in this book as it is in his robot book. I can't wait to see what he's going to do next!
Sarah Sammis
When I was a child I was fascinated by ghosts. Where some children have invisible friends, I had an entire parallel ghost city to my own home town. My son seems to have inherited my love of the paranormal but his architectural dream involves a monster city, not ghostly urban sprawl.

Monster Town by Ryan Heshka bridges the gap between the ghosts and the monsters. It follows a typical "day" in Monster Town, which starts at sundown and goes to sunrise. The ghouls go to school. The vampires go to wor...more
Donald Armfield
A friend here on goodreads suggested this author to read with my little ghouls.

The artwork is on point for children monster bonanza. The small lines make a quick bedtime story for children who love monsters.
Cmeiss330
Very cute. I love the illustrations - they have kind of a warped 1950s ad feel.
Sarah W
The pictures are filled with twists on normal human towns: ghoul busses, blood banks, Igor teaching science. Green tinged art adds a spooky flair. My favorite pages are Dr. Mummy the vet treating a group of cats and the Giant Squid working at the diner.

The town wakes up, zombies lurching to work, when the sun goes down. An obvious choice as a Halloween read, young readers should enjoy it year round. I could also see this book as an interesting introduction to studying communities and careers.
Dianne Casas
When the sun goes down, Monster Town comes to life. Zombies go to work and kids take the ghoul bus. Ghost writers cover the news and Postmaster Skeleton delivers the monster mail. Frank N. Stein is the master electrician who is "shockingly good at his work." The zany illustrations are perfect to complement the equally kooky characters of Monster Town. Clever word play and vivid pictures make for a frightfully fun read aloud. Boys and Ghouls will howl for this Halloween book.
Carissa
The book has a cute concept. I was hoping that there would be continuity with the storyline that featured the Bat Boy in each one, but he seemed to hang out in the background of some of the pages. Also, the illustrations are supposed to by acrylic and collage, and they are, but the collage aspect is just some small snippets of typed words. My idea of collage ... well, I suppose I'm thinking of mixed media so it's collage on a greater scale.
Teree
Every 'Spooky Art' aficionado will adore and covet this new children's picture book, by Ryan Heshka. "Welcome to Monster Town" tells us, in brief sentences, about the careers of all the ghoulish characters in the community. The art is colorful, imaginative and adorably monstrous. A+
Erin
Kids who like scary (but not too scary) will delight in this book! Great illustrations and a whole town full of scary creatures doing fairly normal things. This will be a read aloud keeper for some kids!
Alice
This is a fun Halloween book with great illustrations and a fun spin. Clearly they are all night creatures so they go to bed when the sun comes up...Good Morning!! :-D
Gwen the Librarian
This picturebook doesn't have particularly creative text, but the illustrations are outstanding and can be pored over for a long time.
Megan
Completely silly, with gorgeous illustrations. I can't wait for the upcoming Robot Town!
Molly
Great for Halloween storytime, spooky and silly and not really scary.
Morgan
Great illustrations, but no actual story
Krystyn
Boring text but great illustrations.
Kevyn
This book was pretty good.
Morris
"I just liked all of it!"
PWRL
Sep 20, 2012 PWRL marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2012-new
A
April Simmons
April Simmons marked it as to-read
Oct 21, 2014
Carrie Charley Brown
Carrie Charley Brown marked it as to-read
Oct 01, 2014
Jar
Jar marked it as to-read
Sep 30, 2014
Jennifer Gilbert
Jennifer Gilbert marked it as to-read
Sep 23, 2014
Frances
Frances marked it as to-read
Sep 15, 2014
Kelly Shore
Kelly Shore marked it as to-read
Sep 01, 2014
Amber
Amber added it
Aug 04, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Ryan Heshka's ABC Spookshow Welcome to Robot Town Welcome to Monster Town Welcome to Monster Town (Christy Ottaviano Books)