Start by marking “Sang Penguasa Padang Pasir (Lord of the Desert)” as Want to Read:
Sang Penguasa Padang Pasir (Lord of the Desert)

Sang Penguasa Padang Pasir (Hutton & Co. #3)

4.07 of 5 stars 4.07  ·  rating details  ·  1,568 ratings  ·  74 reviews
Gretchen Brannon berasal dari kota kecil di Texas, Amerika Serikat. Seumur hidupnya ia tidak pernah mengenal dunia luar. Sampai suatu hari teman Gretchen, Maggie Barton, mengajaknya berlibur sekaligus mengantar Maggie bekerja di Qawi. Namun, sesuatu terjadi di kampung halaman mereka, yang membuat Maggie harus segera kembali ke Amerika Serikat sekaligus meminta Gretchen men ...more
360 pages
Published February 2010 by PT Gramedia Pustaka Utama (first published October 2000)

To ask other readers questions about Sang Penguasa Padang Pasir, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sang Penguasa Padang Pasir

Kay
Gretchen Brannon is ready for a holiday. Four months before her mother passed away after a very lengthy and draining battle with cancer. So when Gretchen’s best friend Maggie announces that she’s taking a job in Qawi as personal assistant to the Sheikh and invites Gretchen to a week’s vacation, Gretchen jumps at the chance to travel. On the day they arrive, Maggie receives word that her foster-brother has been in a horrible accident and she’s needed at home. Maggie convinces Gretchen to stay on ...more
Pat Cromwell
Here we go again....

1) Hero: Jerk of the year but he garnered my sympathy. He was more like her typical hero's not so obnoxious 3rd cousin

2) Read entire book: Yes just because there was a sweetness to the storyline and I kinda like the hero and heroine.

3) Intriguing: Yes -- dying to see if the guy would eventually turn into a big jerk

4) Do I still have the book or did I give it away to the goodwill: I have it but I can;t remember the last time I pulled it out. I get the ewe jeebees at the though
Jenny
Small town girl meets and falls in love with a handsome strong Sheikh who also happens to be impotent and still mourning over his lost love. He proposes a marriage of convenience and heroine accepts cause for once in her life she wants to be adventurous.

Hero has lots of scars and sweet naive heroine heals them all with her unconditional pure heart. I adored Gretchen! She is brave, courageous and has a heart of gold. Brooding hero was in denial for a while but he couldn't help falling in love wi
Bakudis
first i give this book five stars, but today i don't know just want to be re-read some books i like before and damn its one of the books i feel tooo good to give five stars so i just wanna fix that 3 STARS for the bad Philippe.

Lord of Desert with the weakness in his vital part.
I know him from once in paris and he like Brianne but if i'm not wrong Philippe in there no too clear about his feeling to her, so i'm little bit surprise and hate how deep his feel to Brianne in here.

i like so much with D
Adriana Fogaça
Série Hutton & C.O.03
Lorde do Deserto
Diana Palmer

Como a maioria dos fãs da Diana Palmer consideram este livro um dos melhores que ela já escreveu, criei uma expectativa enorme em relação ele. E por isso, a princípio fui muito implicante com Philippe, pois ele era, para meu gosto, muito misterioso e enigmático. Por outro lado, Gretchen se mostrou ser um livro aberto, não escondeu nada, disse o que devia e o não deveria. Jamais seria acusada de ocultar algo.

Mas com o passar dos capítulos perc
Shiree McCarver
Dewi Read
Keciwa....Keciwa.....DP satu ini buat aku keciwaaa...Heroinenya mau banget siiih baru kenal mau aje diajak merried...capede udah gitu ngk panggil dan kasih tau sodare, pamili etc. katanya dari kota kecil, masih virgin hohohoho...paling memuakkan endingnya...waktu terorisnya menyerang istana..masa sih teroris kelas dunia internasional gitu bego nyaaa....whoaaaaaaaa nyesel bacanyaaaaaaaaaaa
Ray
I love Diana Palmer. This is an extension of her Long Tall Texans and one of my favorites. I have come back and re-read it several times and is still a favorite.

Sheltered small-town girl Gretchen Brannon was out of her element when she aligned herself with Sheikh Philippe Sabon, the formidable ruler of Qawi. They came from different worlds, yet she found a soul mate in the powerful, sensual man who'd suppressed his passions for far too long—and harbored a secret anguish. Nevertheless, he made t
Mandy
This is one of her more exotic romances. It takes place in the Middle East in the fictional country Qwai.

It's a somewhat continuation of Once In Paris with Philip as the main character. He falls for Gretchen, a paralegal on vacation. He invites her to come and work for him.

Many of her other characters are mentioned and popup, but they don't intrude much in the storyline.

This is one of my favorites of her books.

RebeccaL
Tracyb
This book had one of my major pet peeves inconsistency in a series. In the previous book Once in Paris Philippe Sabon was introduced and he was a Muslim complete with praises to Allah and his country was referred to as a simple Muslim country. Now in this book he has somehow changed from Muslim to Christian and his country in now a country of mainly mixed religion. Now I don't care what religion he is but I hate inconsistency. Was the author unable to write a story with the hero a Muslim? and ha ...more
Gina
THere were things about this book that i liked and things that i didn't.

Starting with the things that i didn't like
- There was a lot of 'author' voice in the beginning. Later we got to see some of the character's minds though.
-For around the first 100 pages there is not a section that is from the hero's POV
-The heroine doesn't know the hero AT ALL, but agrees to traveling with him in a foreign place. It didn't seem realistic. No body is that trusting and naive, even if they're from a small town.
Lover of Romance
Gretchen along with her closest friend Maggie, goes on a vacation to Morocco. When her friend has to leave unexpectedly and asks her to stay for the job that Maggie was offered. Gretchen, at first, only plans on staying for the vacation, because she doesn't believe in lies or deceit and she doesn't know if she could do that even to a Sheikh. When a mysterious yet sensual man bumps into her, and sparks fly, along with some kisses, and before Gretchen knows it she finds herself starting to care fo ...more
Melisa
Setelah kematian ibunya 4 bulan lalu yg disusul dengan terungkapnya niat jahat dari mantan pacarnya, Gretchen akhirnya berlibur bersama temannya, Maggie, untuk menghilangkan stress. Mereka pergi ke Maroko, dan rencananya, setelah berlibur selama 1 minggu, Gretchen akan kembali ke Jacobsville sementara Maggie akan bekerja sebagai asisten syekh di Qawi.

Namun rupanya takdir berkata lain. Cord, pria yg sangat dicintai Maggie sekaligus kakak angkatnya mengalami kecelakaan, sehingga Maggie-lah yg akhi
Tania Martins
Adorei esta história passado no deserto e com xeques árabes, já tinha gostado de Phillippe antes e neste livro revelou-se em toda a sua essência, gostei da Gretchen e do facto dela não se abater por achar que Phillippe nunca tinha esquecido Brianne.

Essencialmente dos cenários em que se passa toda a história, camelos, tendas e cavalos árabes, no final quase deitam tudo a perder mas depois as coisas compõem-se e aquele tipico final surge no horizonte!
Amanda Sheila
Brenda Audiobooks Only
Narrated by Amy Kaechel - Narration 3.5*s

Reviewed for AAR's Speaking of Audiobooks - http://www.likesbooks.com/blog/?p=6147

Once I recovered from my shock at finding out this storyline had been written in this decade, I focused on narrator Amy Kaechel’s abilities.

Overall I was impressed – she imbued the narration with the pacing and emotion required to bring a romance to life. The naiveté written into Gretchen Brannon’s character came out vividly as did her Texan roots. Philippe Sabon’s light ton
Alyanna Jeserence Jesoro
It's okay I guess. Well First and for most I only read it to give Philippe a chance to redeem his character. The way I felt about him on Once in Paris, I expected something more out of his character. I already know he's a good man who's also a total gentleman but on this book, I don't like how he treated Gretchen. I don't understand why he would even entertain the notion that he can have a chance with Brianne, plus I felt insulted that he can easily name Brianne's son as his heir. I know he has ...more
Judith Wright
I loved the first two in this series, Once in Paris and Paper Rose. They are two of my top favorite romance novels and my favorites of Diana Palmer. I have no idea why it took me so long to read this one since I really liked the character of Philippe in Once in Paris. I loved Gretchen! I thought her spunkiness was just awesome. I have a love hate relationship with Diana Palmer. I love her older work, but can't stay her newer work, especially when she starts reuniting characters from other novels ...more
Angie Sowers
Fantastic!!

As always, Diana Palmer delivers. She is such an amazing author. I never tire of reading her books. Love love her books :)
Joey
My dad bought me this book when i was only 16 and it has been my favorite read since.
Daydree
The second time reading this through I was a lot more aware of the excessive dry narrative, poor dialogue, repeated passages, blaring character contradictions, and out of context "shout outs" to totally irrelevant characters (perhaps they starred in some of her other work?). There were several promising action scenes that unfortunately read more like directions in a script than a novel.

The book seems like it was written in a hurry with more attention paid to the initial conception of the plotli
Uthie
Cerita lain dari para penghuni Jacob'sville. Tapi masalahnya disini kita nggak bakalan nemui segala kesibukan di Jacob'sville karena cerita ini terjadi di Qawi...

Konflik ceritanya nggak begitu seru dan terkesan aneh karena Grecthen digambarkan mampu mengahadpi perperangan dengan perceritaan yang bggak hebat. Jadi seolah-olah Grecthen tu from zero to hero...

Selain itu konfliknya terlalu dipusatkan ke cerita ketidakmampuan Philippe untuk sesuatu hal yang penting....
Mei
I did not like this book at all. Gretchen is too obedient for my taste and Phillippe was just a horse's ___! What was Palmer thinking writing this crap?! Although Palmer tries to clear up some of the cliches about the middle east, it's overshadowed by the predictable plot, stereotypical characters and the pace of the story. I did not like this book and would not dare recommend. I put this one right up there with Harlequin Romances....YECH!
Manang Jean
It's okay, forgettable.
Lona Yulianni
yang membuat saya menyematkan bintang 4 itu karena Gretchen. Bukan karena adegan mesranya, tapi karena keberanian Gretchen menlindungi Phillipe yang patut diacungin jempol. Walaupun dari luar keliatannya lemah dan kurang percaya diri, Gretchen mempunyai semangat dan cinta yang tulus, terutama menyangkut suaminya.

Tertarik buat baca kisahnya Judd, temen Marc - kakaknya Gretchen!
Barbara M.
Reading "Lawless" sparked my memory on all the Palmer books I'd forgotten about reading. It's been a few years since I read this one but "Lord of the Desert" was the first book I read by this author and it hooked me instantly. I know it was good just because I can remember it...I can barely remember what I read 2 weeks ago... You wouldn't go wrong picking this one up!
Nina
Ok rating this book is really hard. Because although i liked it, i don't want to admit i liked it :)
The heroine was cute and naive in the extreme with "small hands" while HE had "hard lips". you get the idea. It makes you want to know in which funny alternate dimension girls like her really exist.
Still i enjoyed the read and practically finished the book in one day...
Ridez Meiriza
setelah boss man, akhirnya terpaksa mengakui aq ga terlalu demen ma buku ini.
kesan pertama setelah dibaca adalah 'lebay'. soalnya ga terlalu percaya ma kebetulan2 yg terlalu banyak (ex. phillipe ternyata kenal ma hampir 'semua' cowboy jacobsville :hmmm:).

jadi penasaran ma buku aslinya. ini akibat terjemahan ato emang ceritanya kaya gini.
Aparna
A very prince in shining armor saving the damsel... A very romantic romance story, but not sooo sweet that it would be unbelievable.

Diana palmer - as usual delivers in her very individual style of writing. A lot like julie garwood (the whole strong hero saving and caring for the believed-to-be-weak but strong heroine)
  • Innocent in the Sheikh's Harem (Armstrong Sisters #1)
  • For the Sheikh's Pleasure (Surrender to the Sheikh) (Harlequin Presents, #2656)
  • An Officer and a Millionaire
  • Sheikh's Convenient Bride (O'Connells, #4)
  • Desert Ecstasy
  • Pernikahan Pura-Pura (A Mediterranean Marriage #5)
  • His Boardroom Mistress
  • Bedding His Virgin Mistress
  • High-Powered, Hot-Blooded ( Man of The Month Series)
  • The Royal Wedding Night
  • The Italian Boss's Secret Child (Expecting!)
  • Desert Warrior
  • Bought By The Greek Tycoon
  • The English Doctor's Baby (Westerling, #3)
  • The Panther and the Pearl
  • The Desert King  (Throne of Judar #3)
  • The Sword & the Sheath (Khamsin Egyptian #5)
  • The Soldier And The Baby (American Romance, No 573)

(1)romance author
Susan Eloise Spaeth was born on 11 December 1946 in Cuthbert, Georgia, USA. She was the eldest daughter of Maggie Eloise Cliatt, a nurse and also journalist, and William Olin Spaeth, a college professor. Her mother was part of the women's liberation movement many years before it became fashionab
More about Diana Palmer...
Lawless Heartless (Long, Tall Texans, #36) Lawman (STP - Mira) Fearless (Long, Tall Texans, #35) Dangerous (Long, Tall Texans, #37)