Start by marking “Courting Miss Lancaster (The Lancaster Family #2)” as Want to Read:
Courting Miss Lancaster (The Lancaster Family #2)

Courting Miss Lancaster (The Lancaster Family #2)

3.96 of 5 stars 3.96  ·  rating details  ·  3,795 ratings  ·  606 reviews
Harry Windower adores blonde, green-eyes Athena Lancaster, but alas, a penniless man like himself has no hope of winning a young noblewoman's hand. To add insult to injury, Athena's brother-in-law and guardian, the Duke of Kielder, has asked Harry to assist Athena in finding a gentleman of her dreams. But the lovesick Harry is cunning as well: as the weeks pass, he introdu ...more
Published March 8th 2010 by Covenant Communications Inc (first published 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Courting Miss Lancaster, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Courting Miss Lancaster

Pride and Prejudice by Jane AustenEdenbrooke by Julianne DonaldsonPersuasion by Jane AustenSense and Sensibility by Jane AustenBlackmoore by Julianne Donaldson
Clean Regency (or around then) Romance Novels
18th out of 387 books — 358 voters
Edenbrooke by Julianne DonaldsonBlackmoore by Julianne DonaldsonSeeking Persephone by Sarah M. EdenThe List by Melanie JacobsonDrops of Gold by Sarah M. Eden
LDS Romance
10th out of 292 books — 200 voters

More lists with this book...

Kathy
June 2015: Just as enjoyable this time around. Ok really hoping some of the side characters get their own books. Like Athenas sisters.

Second Read (September 2011): I had to read this again after finishing Seeking Persephone. I liked that this story forcuses on Harry and Athena. Harry is a fun character, very likable. I also liked that we got to see Adam and Persephone and that they are still very happy together. Both are great books and it was fun reading them back to back!

First Read (April 201
Janette
I'll admit right off that I'm slightly biased about Sarah Eden's book because she is one of my favorite people. If you are ever lucky enough to be at a conference where she's teaching, go to her class. Trust me. She's a riot.

I've already read Sarah's book Seeking Persephone, so I was glad to see Adam and Harry again. This time Harry is the hero and the book switches pov between him and Athena.

I loved the humor between Adam and Harry. In fact, I have to say I was a lot more engrossed in their rel
Deborah
Sarah M. Eden was put on this earth to be a writer. Yes. She. Was. I love her books. I just love them. They are clean, fun, witty and everything you need in a sweet romance. It's not just the fact that it all ends with a "happily ever after." It's the fact that the story is so well written along the way that you enjoy it up until there is the happily ever after.

I think the reason I loved this one so much was the fact that I adored Harry. I loved how sweet he was. I love the fact that he was kin
Kathleen
A Regency Romance

Book 2 of the series, set in London in 1806, a year after book 1 began. I enjoyed this Regency Romance, but unfortunately what I liked most were the scenes that involved Adam, the Duke of Kielder, from book 1, Seeking Persephone. Adam plays a key role in this book, both alone and with his Duchess, Persephone. Adam has become legal guardian to his wife's four siblings, including her sister Athena (the heroine). So...as guardian, Adam must play the noble knight and ride to Athena'
Katie Watkins
What a fun Regency romance!! Athena's indimadating brother-in-law, who happens to be a duke, is in charge of launching her into society. Of course Adam has no interest in doing so, so he forces his best friend, Harry, to weed of the bad ones. Little does Adam know, but Harry is secretly in love with Athena, which makes his job.....not so fun.

The characters were pure fun!! Adam is such a tough, grumpy guy, with a secret tender heart; Persephone is so sweet; Harry is hilarious and fun; Athena is a
Miss Clark
Anne Osterlund
Harry has a problem. His best friend, Adam, has just ordered him to help find an appropriate match for Adam’s ward, Athena. Something that would be much easier if a. Harry wasn’t in love with Athena and b. Harry was in any kind of financial situation to marry her. Instead, he’s basically supposed to make certain she doesn’t marry anyone like him.

Athena has been dreaming of a London season her entire life: how she will look across a crowded ballroom and suddenly see the man who will no doubt be p
Heather
OH WOW!! I LOVED THIS SO MUCH!!!! It doesn't happen very often, but once in a while I come across a book that I loved so much that I have a hard time getting into my next book. That is what happened after reading Seeking Persephone and then this back to back! I loved them so much. Now I keep starting books and puting them down and try something else because nothing is living up to these two books! I keep wanting THIS story I think! The romance IS the story. There's nothing rivoting or exciting t ...more
Jen
This is the sequel to Seeking Persephone which I loved. Courting Miss Lancaster is a very short jaunt back into the lives of Persephone, Adam, and Harry. Only this time it's fun loving Harry who is in love with Persephone's sister and has been given the task of finding a suitable match for Athena (Persephone's sister). Instead of finding good matches he finds the most awkward, and annoying men because he wants her all for himself. All in all a cute fun read, but not nearly the caliber of Mrs. Ed ...more
Nicole
Sep 14, 2013 Nicole rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: fiction, regency, clean, comedy
Shelves: favorites
I wish I could give this a 6 star rating! I have not laughed so often over a book in a long time! The charming characters and delightful wit had me thoroughly engaged in the story and completely sold on the idea of reading more from this author.
"Courting Miss Lancaster" is book two in a series, but having read just the synopsis for book 1 (Seeking Persephone), I didn't feel lost in the plot. I would, however, like to go back and read #1, because I thoroughly enjoyed the role those characters pla
Aubrey
Tells the story of Adam's best friend Harry, from "Seeking Persephone". Ah, the agony of being responsible for finding a suitable match for the woman you are secretly in love with yourself. Not to be missed!
Reina
Una aventura llena de enredos, líos amorosos y mucha diversión.

Uno de los mayores aciertos de la autora es la delimitación del carácter de los personajes; cada uno tiene personalidades muy marcadas y distintivas que mantienen consistentes durante todo el libro. No me siento libre para hablar sobre su construcción o evolución, pues esta es una secuela y no sé de dónde proviene cada uno. Lo que sí me ha encantado es el agradable sentido del humor que la autora le ha conferido a cada personaje. Mín
Candice
Preface: This is a strange review for me!

First of all, after reading the whole book, I am just crazy about the love story Ms. Eden wrote. And that is a rare thing for me when it comes to books; I'm usually pretty picky. I would LOVE to read more just like it. To add, I was beginning to think I was losing interest in love stories (especially with all the immoral crap that is being included now) until this one blew me away.

However, through the first third of the book, her writing drove me a little
Alice
Amazing. I knew "Courting Miss Lancaster" was one of my new favorite Regencies by the end of chapter 1! It had me laughing from the first page right to the very end! The characters were perfect, witty, charming, intriguing, and hilarious! Harry Windover reminded me of Johnny Lee Miller's portrayal of Mr. Knightley, and Athena reminded me of an odd mix of Emma Woodhouse and Catherine Moorland. I loved both of them so much! Adam and Persephone were incredible too, and SO funny! (I'm really looking ...more
Stacey
Prudence
I think this book was well written, though a little boring. That they may sound harsh since their are definately some entertaining parts. However, if I am able to set a book down for two or three days before I come back to it, thats a pretty good indicater that the plot isn't enough to seize my attention. The plot had great possibilities and for the most part worked, but it moved forward in a mundane fashion. Maybe I just expect to be thrilled a little more,wanting the characters to take more ch ...more
Kelly Sigafus
I enjoyed this book a lot. It was just a cute love story. A nice change from some of the heavier reading I just finished. I like that Sarah Eden writes good clean romance stories. I do think that the leading male in this book was a little bit of a block-head in some of his schemes, but sometimes when we're in love, we do stupid things.
Melissa
Jun 02, 2011 Melissa rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Melanyie
Oh I love Eden's books! It is amazing how they hold me till I finish. She doesn't need lots of action and page turning suspense to get you through her books. They are just a well written love story that doesn't let you go till you know the ending. I really have had a harder time reading Austen novels as I've gotten older, because the language is hard to get threw, but I crave those English romances and I get it with Eden's books. I liked the characters in this novel they are what held me and kep ...more
Tonileg
English historical romance with a besotted poor gentleman who has to help his best friend bring out a beautiful richly dowered ward when all he wants is to marry her himself.
Harry Windower has been in love with Miss Athena Lancaster since the marriage of her sister to his best friend, the Duke of Kielder. The episodes with the Duke were hilarious and I might have to go back and read his story because he is really a beast of a man.
The usual shenanigans ensue when Harry introduces Athena to all th
Shiralea Woodhouse
Ahhh....Thank you Sarah Eden (my new best friend!) for another wonderful romance. I enjoyed this fun follow up to "Seeking Persephone," (although I do think the first book just has that certain "je ne sais quoi" that makes it a favorite for me. Perhaps Harry is just not moody enough?) Anyway, my only real complaint about this book is the cover picture - the woman on the cover looks like she's about 30, while our heroine is but 19. (I wish the publishers would have kept with the theme of putting ...more
I didn't like this as much as "Seeking Persephone" but I liked the length a little better. There were parts of the first book I thought could stand editing and the flow of this book was much smoother.

I loved Harry so it was fun to have him be a more central character. If I had not read the first book it would have been really hard to understand Adam and I think I would have been really bothered by him in this book if I didn't have the insight into him from the first book. If you haven't read eit
Andrea
Awww this one was sweet. I mean, yes, it was kind of silly, the whole thing really. But I enjoyed it.
Krista Jensen
Wonderful. I am absolutely delighted I found Sarah M. Eden through a blog post. I will read this again, and my daughter will read it. And then she'll give it back and if I don't have another Eden book yet I will read it again. It's funny, sweet, touching, and I didn't get enough.
I think a part of me wanted a little more challenge from one of the characters, but oh well, I loved it anyway. The language was perfect, the dialogue (and silences) compelling, quick, and sexy. Sarah M. Eden, I will be
Cheri
This is the sequel to Seeking Persephone. I loved this book!!
Harry is a penniless man who adores Athena Lancaster. Athena's brother-in-law is the Duke of Kielder; he asks Harry to help find Athena the man of her dreams. Harry decides that he wants Athena for himself but alas he is just a penniless fortune hunter; Harry decides to introduce those gentlemen who have character flaws to Athena; because he doesn't want her to fall in love. I loved the books quick wit and laughed out loud.
Just read it
Annette
AN ABSOLUTE LOVE STORY
Harry is poor. His best friend Adam is a duke. And he is a very wealthy duke. They have been friends since Harrow.

Adam, in spite of the appearance of being a bully, has taken responsibility for his wife, Persephone’s family.

In spite of his grumpy persona, Adam loves each member of his new family. The new responsibilities include presenting his sister-in-law, Athena to society.

Since Adam does not feel comfortable being social, he has asked Harry to take over the job of co
Margot
I'm not much of a romance reader but I enjoyed this trip into Regency England. Having met these characters in Seeking Persephone, it was fun to see them get their happy-ever-after.

There's the predictability issue, but honestly, isn't that the way it is with the romance genre? You know it's going to work out somehow, but you are willing to go along with them to find out exactly how.
Ashley
I enjoyed this book. It was just a fun, light-hearted read. We already knew a few of the main characters, and it was fun to have Harry as the hero this time. I did not like it as much as Seeking Persephone though. I've been thinking about the reasons, and here is what I have come up with:

This one felt a little more cheesy to me in spots. There were a few times when she was courting some of the duds where I just felt it was a little silly and unbelievable to me.

Her relationship with Harry was no
LuAnn
Give yourself a present and slip into the world of Regency romance. I loved this book. The characters were interesting, well-developed, and delightfully told. I cheered for Harry as I hoped Athena would learn to open her eyes. If you're looking for a sweet, clean romance, then this is the book for you. Sure to be a finalist in next year's Whitney Awards.
Elevetha
3.5 stars.

I will likely never get around to a proper review, but I wanted to put this down before I forgot.

The scenes with Daphne and Adam are soooo cute. I happened to be in a car when I was reading one of their best scenes and was squeeing pretty horrifyingly. My family was confused and wanted me to stop.
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Dec 21, 2014 11:39AM
  • The Guise of a Gentleman (Rogue Hearts, #2)
  • Lady Emma's Campaign
  • Captive Heart
  • Born for Thorton's Sake
  • The Legend of Shannonderry
  • My Loving Vigil Keeping
  • The Widower's Wife
  • Cross My Heart
  • Twitterpated

The Lancaster Family (2 books)
  • Seeking Persephone (The Lancaster Family #1)
The Kiss of a Stranger Seeking Persephone (The Lancaster Family #1) Friends and Foes (The Jonquil Brothers #1) Drops of Gold (The Jonquil Brothers #2) Longing for Home (Longing for Home #1)

“I have no desire to spend every night of the next few months at balls and soirees or drowning in tea with morning callers.” 11 likes
“I have found that sometimes a person is the last to know when she is in love. One's heart does not always share it's secrets with one's mind.” 6 likes