Start by marking “Jerry Robinson: Ambassador of Comics” as Want to Read:
Jerry Robinson: Ambassador of Comics

Jerry Robinson: Ambassador of Comics

3.76  ·  Rating Details  ·  17 Ratings  ·  7 Reviews
Jerry Robinson is one of the living legends of American comics. As a member of the original Batman team, he created the first and most iconic of all supervillains, the Joker, and cocreated Robin, the archetypal sidekick. During the Golden and Silver Ages of comics, Robinson worked on every comic book genre there was, and brought to life his own super heroes such as London, ...more
Published September 1st 2010 by Harry N. Abrams (first published 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Jerry Robinson, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Jerry Robinson

Brian
Nov 29, 2015 Brian rated it really liked it
All I knew about Mr. Robinson is that he was considered the creator of the Joker.
That's it.
This book did a very good job of fleshing out this man and showing what an amazing Talent he his and what an impact he has had on comic books, comic strips, and editorial cartoons.
His work as a Voice for the international cartoonist certainly makes him the Ambassador of Comics.
I have a much greater appreciation of Mr. Robinson and now I want to track down more of his work.... this has given me a new list o
Tommy Bat-Blog Brookshire
Apr 11, 2011 Tommy Bat-Blog Brookshire rated it it was amazing
When I heard the news that Abrams was going to publish a definitive biography about Jerry Robinson's life, I was pretty excited! I mean, Jerry Robinson was right there with Bob Kane & Bill Finger during the early creation of Batman. He drew most of the iconic Golden Age Batman artwork we now enjoy, especially the comic book covers. He is the person who created the greatest villain in pop culture history, The Joker! He also co-created Robin, the Boy Wonder! What I'm getting at is this, his co ...more
Tim Schneider
Jul 16, 2012 Tim Schneider rated it really liked it
Let's start off by stating that I'm not going to get in to the issue of who did or did not create which Batman characters. There are claims from many different directions and pretty much all the players are now dead.

That said, Jerry Robinson's influence in comics (books, strips and editorial) is enormous and he definitely deserved this book. This is similar to Abrams Publishing's Kirby book. It's over-sized, art heavy and maybe a little light on text. It does, however, give a good overview of
Julian Stone
Oct 20, 2013 Julian Stone rated it it was amazing
I had the honor to meet Jerry Robinson several times over the years. He was a wonderful person and if you want to read a great book about a man who was there at the very beginning of the comic book craze that now dominates so much of popular culture, this is the book for you!
David Macpherson
Jul 16, 2011 David Macpherson rated it liked it
This was decent. I guess I wanted to more. This is lik Abrahms Kirby book in that it was a nice brief overview, filled with lovely illustrations, but not as comprehensive as I would have liked for such an interesting person.
Matthew Novak
Sep 08, 2011 Matthew Novak rated it really liked it
Shelves: biographies
Good stuff. I respect Jerry Robinson immensely, not just because of his creation of the Joker, but also because he's a comics historian, activist, and all-around great guy. Really nice book.
Trav S.D.
Nov 16, 2010 Trav S.D. rated it liked it
My review here: http://tinyurl.com/29qb5zm
Russell
Russell marked it as to-read
Mar 14, 2016
Roxanne
Roxanne rated it really liked it
Feb 29, 2016
Longjonbronze
Longjonbronze rated it really liked it
Apr 15, 2016
B
B marked it as to-read
Dec 05, 2015
Igor Ramirez
Igor Ramirez marked it as to-read
Oct 03, 2015
Steven
Steven rated it liked it
Aug 31, 2015
Kevin Knutson
Kevin Knutson marked it as to-read
Apr 03, 2015
Alex Reynolds
Alex Reynolds marked it as to-read
Mar 31, 2015
Mujahid
Mujahid marked it as to-read
Mar 12, 2015
Jim Stephenson
Jim Stephenson marked it as to-read
Mar 03, 2015
Bill Bryant
Bill Bryant marked it as to-read
Feb 22, 2015
Chinchilla
Chinchilla marked it as to-read
Oct 17, 2014
Brad Beeson
Brad Beeson rated it liked it
Feb 19, 2015
Rich Meyer
Rich Meyer marked it as to-read
May 14, 2014
John Smith
John Smith marked it as to-read
Apr 18, 2014
Arthur "two
Arthur "two marked it as to-read
Feb 24, 2014
Matthew Nigro
Matthew Nigro rated it liked it
Jan 22, 2014
Mohd Rizal
Mohd Rizal is currently reading it
Dec 09, 2013
Arthur Christian
Arthur Christian marked it as to-read
Oct 28, 2013
Devin Bruce
Devin Bruce marked it as to-read
Sep 19, 2013
Catherine
Catherine marked it as to-read
Apr 27, 2013
Will
Will rated it really liked it
Jan 22, 2013