Start by marking “The Simpsons/Futurama Crossover Crisis” as Want to Read:
The Simpsons/Futurama Crossover Crisis

The Simpsons/Futurama Crossover Crisis (Futurama Comics)

4.02 of 5 stars 4.02  ·  rating details  ·  423 ratings  ·  49 reviews
What would happen if the Planet Express crew and the citizens of New York City in the 31st Century met the Simpsons and the citizens of Springfield . . . and how is it even possible? Prepare yourself for a Simpsons saga filled with Futurama! A Futurama fable suffused with the Simpsons! Featuring a plethora of pleasing plot devices including: evil brain spawn, lactose-intol ...more
Published April 1st 2010 by Harry N. Abrams

To ask other readers questions about The Simpsons/Futurama Crossover Crisis, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Simpsons/Futurama Crossover Crisis

The Simpsons/Futurama Crossover Crisis by Ian BoothbyFuturama by Ian BoothbyFuturama-O-Rama by Matt GroeningFuturama Conquers the Universe by Eric RogersFuturama Adventures by Eric Rogers
futurama
1st out of 5 books — 3 voters
Smile by Raina TelgemeierThe Invention of Hugo Cabret by Brian SelznickBone, Vol. 1 by Jeff SmithDiary of a Wimpy Kid by Jeff KinneyAmulet, Vol. 1 by Kazu Kibuishi
Best Graphic Novels for Children
457th out of 545 books — 662 voters

More lists with this book...

Joey the J in R.J. Spindle
​Good lord, this was hilarious is so many ways. All the "couplings" are perfect. Bender and Homer getting drunk together ... that was something I didn't know I needed to see. Leela teaching Lisa how to stand up for herself ... by kicking ASS! Nibbler versus Maggie is going to be epic. Bart and Fry, talk about equal footing. Scruffy and Willie talking about theoretical science actually seems real. I've definitely found the "little people" (if there truly are any) often surprise you with their int ...more
Sascha Kersken
The Worlds of Matt Groening's two most popular creations collide! And all of the characters find their almost natural counterparts: Homer and Bender have a fight and a few pints of Duff, Bart and Fry skate and play pranks, Leela encourages Lisa in some ways, Marge cares for Nibbler as he tricks her into believing he's a baby, and so on. The comic assumes that the world of Futurama is real, while The Simpsons continue to exist as a TV and comic book series. The Futurama crew get transported into ...more
Rachel
The Simpons and Futurama are two very popular animated cartoons, but up until now, they have only existed in their own separate worlds. That all changes when Fry, while reading a Simpsons comic book, is attacked by an army of giant mutant brains. They become so angry they force all the Futurama characters into The Simpons’ world and chaos ensues when these two universes finally meet. This book is a series of individual comic books presented in a hardcover-bound book with many color illustrations ...more
Katie
Okay. Look, I don't read many graphic novels. They make the picture in your mind for you, which I normally don't like.

But, if something looks REALLY awesome, well, I've just got to try it :).

This. This book combines two of my absolute favorite TV shows to get the most brilliant, hilarious, amazing outcome I could have expected.

It was so perfect!
Barbara
Read this with my 9 year old (he got it for his birthday; what can I say? Dad and I are big fans of both shows); he didn't get a lot of the jokes but he still loved it.
So priceless to share reading time and a big chuckle together. One of our favorite lines: "Now that's counseling!" Indeed.
Jody
Futurama and The Simpsons collide. A string of pleasingly edgy if sometimes weak jokes and in-jokes ensue. None of the heart of either TV show, but that's true of all the Simpsons comics I've read.

The story is necessarily contrived, but it was fun to see the characters from each series interact.

The art is solid, with some great two page spreads - a riot of colour and detail with a feel of Where's Wally about them.

The package is lovingly put together and will please fans or collectors of either c
Jun 25, 2014 David added it
I would recommend this book to people that like the simpsons and that also like the futurama beacause its all about them to. Its a good book because it has alot of funny parts
Peter
In a word. Random. Lots of references from past Simpsons and Futurama episodes. Loved every page of it. Can't wait for the Simpsons Futurama crossover this season. A must read for a fan.
Dan
Very good! Love the back pages that show the art process, from rough sketch to detailed pencil drawing to final inking. So interesting!
David

This was actually pretty fun stuff! It's not that I was dying to see all the in-jokes of the two worlds 'colliding' in more than one situation... it was that the book really played headgames with the personalities, both similarities and differences, of all the characters.

Also, twords the back, there is an amazing series of artworks, in which they demonstrate how a cartoonist comes from a basic 'script' idea, to a fully colorized page in a book. THAT is totally worth reading this, alone!

Kudos for
David
Great if you're a nerd who likes in-jokes and geeky references. Loved it.
Patrick
Highly entertaining compilation of several comic books in the Futurama and Simpsons universe, most of which deal with the two universes colliding, first with the Futurama folks in the Simpsons universe, and then vice-versa. The book is of high production value, hard bound, with a free reprint of the first Simpsons comic included in the back pocket. I'd read a few Simpsons and Futurama comics before, and these are some of the most entertaining ones I have read so far. It'd be a great introduction ...more
Radek
I really like it it was very fun
Nick James
A brand new Simpsons Comic special has been written and it's amazing. The concept is genius and this is a MUST HAVE for Simpsons and Futurama fans.
The Simpsons and Futurama collide when the space/time continuum is broken and Futurama enters Springfield. As Futurama leaves halfway in the book, the Simpsons soon enter New New York. A whole bunch of antics ensue as this happens and the ending will only be recognized by Simpsons COMICS fans. But no fear! There's a reprint of the very first Simpsons
Ned
hilarious
Gef
I think my main problem with this book is that the humor doesn't translate neither as well on the written page than it does on television. The jokes felt ham-handed and some of the dialogue and mannerisms felt really out of step with the established characters--not often, but enough to really suck me out of the story.

Die-hards may love it. Comic fans may enjoy it. But I just gave up after fifty pages, because I didn't see it becoming any better for me.
Tommy Demsky
Do you like Simpsons? And Futurama? You do? Good, then you will like this comic book too. There isn't much to say about it after that. The plot did not best quality of the better episodes, but the humor was still there, even in this non-moving version. Especially, I enjoyed the sheer number of cameo characters and cultural references. Sketches at the end of the book were a nice bonus too.
Brian
Simpsons and Futurama comics are a gem in the world of comedy comics. The writing fits both series, and the references to other elements of pop culture are just golden. Best of, the main casts of both series get equal screen time. The only downside is the potential cliffhanger ending, but seriously, if you like either one of these series, you should read it. It's fantastic.
Nickcole
Two of my favorite series and cartoon/author .. it was a no brainier to buy! It was fun seeing the worlds inter mix because at first i wasn't sure how they were going to do it and make things work good. But they did and it was awesome that they added extra stories and artwork! I think i will keep this book for the rest of my life. =)
Glenj
Got this for X-mas. Really fun stuff and a great looking oversized hardcover with a nice slipcase. Funnier than the Simpsons have been in over a decade (although I'm more of a Futurama fan) and as well done as a crossover between the two could possibly be. Plus this collection has a ton of extras. Well worth owning.
Donna
About the same as all the Futurama comics I've read - not bad; it's got nothing on the show. I laughed out loud a couple of times. This particular comic had some gorgeous artwork printed on excellent paper, and also comes with a reprint of the first Simpsons comic ever, so I'm quite comfortable giving it 4 stars.
Andres
For fans of The Simpsons and Futurama, this is a fun read full of in-jokes, visuals gags, and the type of jokes and humor you would expect from the animated series. It's a fairly quick read, and this hardcover edition came with a reprint of the first Simpsons comic book.
Tricia
I really liked the first half, but the second half was pretty dumb. I don't really know the Simpson's characters that well, so I feel like I probably missed some inside jokes. Overall, it was pretty interesting and I think the 2 sets of characters interacted well.
Candice M (tinylibrarian)
The most popular comics series in my library by far is the Simpsons. It is the one series that I consistently have to replace copies of. This title will definitely be popular with my teens and I'm hoping the meta literary plot will inject some classics appeal s well.
Katya Vinogradova
A great experiment to join two comic worlds, it's really funny to see Bender at Moe's bar and Fry substitute teaching Bart's class. However, the concept gets tired pretty quickly - or maybe I'm just "too old for this".
Hugonator
I thought it was a very hilarious book, and very imaginative storys.
Its a good quick read if you like the Simpsons and Futurama.
I recommend it to anyone who likes humor and how Matt Groening writes.
Kenny Duray
The comics are never quite as good as the show. The idea of the simpsons and futurama being smashed together in one big awesome book got me excited... But the story is quite the letdown.
Ted
Hilarious blending of the two shows in comic book form.

I'm a huge fan of both shows, and this was much better than I expected.

Highly, highly recommended to anyone who likes either show.
Clay
Did this for our Comic Book Club and surprised at the nice hardcover & slipcase book I received. Book is completely entertaining and worth it for the nice extras.
  • Futurama Adventures (Futurama Comics trade paperback #2)
  • Futurama-O-Rama (Futurama Comics trade paperback #1)
  • The Homer Book (The Simpsons Library of Wisdom)
  • The Best American Comics 2010
  • Recitatif
  • Set to Sea
  • Atomic Robo and Other Strangeness (Atomic Robo, #4)
  • Four Eyes, Volume 1: Forged in Flames
  • Wildly FoxTrot
  • Indestructible Hulk, Vol. 2: Gods and Monster
  • The Unclothed Man in the 35th Century A.D.
Futurama: The Time Bender Trilogy (Futurama Comics trade paperback #4) Simpsons Comics, n. 52 Simpsons Comics, n. 90 Get Some Fancy Book Learnin'. [Contributing Artists, Karen Bates ... [Et Al.] Simpsons Comics, n. 89