Start by marking “The King Midas & Golden Touch” as Want to Read:
Blank 133x176
The King Midas & Golde...

Kathryn Hewitt

The King Midas & Golden Touch

3.75  ·  Rating Details  ·  8 Ratings  ·  4 Reviews
Hardcover
Published February 3rd 1992 by Random House Value Publishing (first published October 1987)

To ask other readers questions about The King Midas & Golden Touch, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The King Midas & Golden Touch

Mary
This book states on the cover that the source for this story is Nathaniel Hawthorne, because it says King Midas and the Golden Touch by Nathaniel Hawthorne, retold and illustrated by Kathryn Hewitt. The end flap notes that Hawthornes’ version included “a touch of his own humor” and that Hewitt adds fallibility as a trait of the king. This book is assigned the 398 category of traditional literature, rather than the 290 for mythology. As with other books I discuss, the subject headings assigned ar ...more
Lisa
Mar 07, 2010 Lisa rated it really liked it
King Midas and the Golden Touch By: Nathaniel Hawthorne, ISBN 0152428003, 1987. King Midas loved money and wanted to everything he touched to turn to gold. He made a wish from a magic spirit for just that but his wish did not make him happy because he had lost all the things he had cared for. He learned a valuable lesson that there are more important things in his life than gold.

**An important lesson to teach from this book is to be happy with what you have and to not be selfish
Chantell
Jan 29, 2013 Chantell rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
King Midas and the Golden Touch was a funny book, but I feel like it was too much. The cat was gold her name was Goldilocks. The king was obsessed with his gold and how rich he was the entire story was based of the king and his love for gold so it was just an okay book. I wouldn't read it again or mark it as a favorite.
Meaghan
Sep 02, 2012 Meaghan rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I like this version of King Midas and the Gold touch primarily because of the pictures throughout the book. I remember when I was little I loved this book. My mom used to pick out certain things for us to look for. The story is the same as always but the pictures are the best!
Elie Chassot
Elie Chassot marked it as to-read
Apr 20, 2016
Sakshi Singh
Sakshi Singh rated it it was amazing
Mar 15, 2016
Jeff Harris
Jeff Harris rated it really liked it
Nov 28, 2015
Zoya
Zoya rated it it was amazing
Aug 15, 2015
Barath
Barath marked it as to-read
Jul 31, 2015
Madeline Friedman
Madeline Friedman rated it really liked it
Feb 29, 2016
Irem
Irem marked it as to-read
May 12, 2015
Naomi Jvrensburg
Naomi Jvrensburg marked it as to-read
May 03, 2015
Jane Mannix
Jane Mannix marked it as to-read
Feb 27, 2015
Yoness
Yoness marked it as to-read
Jan 01, 2015
Hout Sem
Hout Sem marked it as to-read
Dec 29, 2014
Baiq Sri
Baiq Sri marked it as to-read
Oct 21, 2014
Denishia
Denishia marked it as to-read
Oct 10, 2014
Name
Name marked it as to-read
Jan 20, 2014
Jojo
Jojo marked it as to-read
Jul 30, 2013
Muzna Djaini
Muzna Djaini marked it as to-read
May 24, 2013
Sally
Sally marked it as to-read
Mar 06, 2013
Foxglove Zayuri
Foxglove Zayuri marked it as to-read
Aug 19, 2012
Anaeka
Anaeka marked it as to-read
May 23, 2012