Start by marking “Broken Wings (Broken Wings, #1)” as Want to Read:
Broken Wings (Broken Wings, #1)

Broken Wings (Broken Wings #1)

3.82 of 5 stars 3.82  ·  rating details  ·  1,522 ratings  ·  42 reviews
Three girls from different worlds with one thing in common: They were born to be wild.
Robin...With a mom who's more absorbed in her singing career than in her own daughter, Robin's left to her own devices when the two move to Nashville. That's where her mom hopes to strike gold -- and where Robin finds nothing but trouble.
Teal...This rich girl will do anything to get her
Published May 1st 2003 by Pocket Books (first published 2003)

To ask other readers questions about Broken Wings, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Broken Wings

Hava
Jun 25, 2007 Hava rated it 1 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: no one
I used to love V.C. Andrew books as a teenager. I bought them as soon as they came out, and I savored the crazy/mixed up family situations and overly dramatic writing. I wondered how the books I loved as a teen would hold up. Well, they didn't. The writing(even for young adults) just keeps getting worse and worse. The girls are all cardboard cutouts, and I hate all the main characters. I didn't feel sorry for their predicaments at all. Mostly, I just wished they all died in a fire. I hated this ...more
Julie
I read the "Flowers in the Attic" series as a teenager, and remember enjoying those books, so I thought I'd take a stab at this one. But I can't even finish it.

The book is broken up into three sections, one for each girl: Robin, Teal and Phoebe. I read the first two sections, but, after one chapter of the third section (Phoebe), I just can't go any further. Basically, the first two sections were the same story, just with one being a lower-class girl being brought up by a single mom who basically
Kris
When I read these novels back in the day I would have given them 3-3.5 STARS and now would say about one Star

I started reading VC Andrews books in the 1991 and stopped about 2003.

I have read:
-Hudson Series
-Shooting Stars Series
-DeBeers Series
-Broken Wings Series

As a preteen reading these novels was a rebellion and the gothic theme also seemed cool. I stopped reading this author because
Rossy
At first, I thought it was a little boring, but ended up finishing it in three days, I wanted to know so badly what happened to each of the girls, even though I already knew where they would end up. Robin and Teal shared some similarities, but Phoebe's story was entirely different, and I was glad for the change. I felt bad for each of the girls, there were moments when I wanted to either hug them or slap them and tell them to stop and think for a second how far their decisions will take them. I ...more
Liz
I liked the idea of three bad girls who obviously all end up together at some point. Even though they were all apparently "from different worlds", it seemed like all the things they did were unoriginally similar. The most reoccuring thing was shoplifting, they all three did it and it seemed like minimal thought was put into what they did. The characters problems were all different it seemed, though, with their families.
What I also noticed were that some of the character names were used over and
Sarah Marie
Broken Wings by V.C. Andrews

First in the Broken Wings Duo

4 stars

Broken Wings follows three girls: Robin, Teal, and Phoebe. These girls are different from one another, but they have one thing in common they’ve been sent to a facility for girls who should be in jail. Each girl recounts her story of how she got to where she is and why. Robin has a mom who’s more into her singing than taking care of her daughter. Since Robin’s left on her own she’s pretty much done whatever she wants. When her mom m

Marie
Unlike all the other VC Andrews heroines the girls in this book start off basically bad. They are problematic to their respective parents.Some of the parents of problematic to the girls. Take for instance Robin. She and her mother live with her grandparents who (at least grandpa) is your classic VCA a bible thumbing character.

Robin’s mother (“mother darling”) dreams of being a country western singer and takes herself and Robin to Nashville Tennessee to see if she can make it big as a singer. Sh
Karen
the book was about the lives of 3 trobled girls and what they do to get theirselves kicked out of their parents' life and the normal society to be transported into an isolated territory where the only means of escape from the prison "school" is their behavior conduct.

i thought the book was okay, it could be better. i can connect to some characters (text to self connection) because at times i feel as if no one understands; thats why i do the things i do. i hate being controlled and having limits
Kristen Walther
I liked this book but I felt like it was kind of slow.. It talks about three girls who have all kinds of issues and you can tell by the end this whole book is basically just setting you up for the next book in the series.. I didn't hate it, I didn't love it. Anyway, I'd recommend this book though because it leads to the next book in the series which is definitely worth reading!
Emma Lovett
So each girl has had a different upbringing, from parents being AWOL to giving their daughter everything she could ever want.

I found this book in my college library and couldn't put it down, I had never heard of Virginia Andrews before but this book was addictive, so much so I bough the sequel, Midnight Flight at the Airport... so to this day I only own the sequel.
Patti
Mar 26, 2008 Patti rated it 2 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: 16 yrs and up
3 teenage girls,like any and all teenage girls,they are confused,are looking for attention,and most of all want to be loved and looked upon not as a child,but as a "person". To do this though,they do things that are not in their best interest. They get the police to go looking for them,get locked up in a jail cell,and eventually they get arrested for one thing or another. This gets to be too much for their parents/guardians to handle and off to the courts they go. The courts though have other id ...more
Nico
one of the best, most loved series/authors of all time. V.C. Andrews books are something so easily recognizable and new books continue to evolve to go with the times and bring in a whole new generation of loving readers
Nikki Marie
v.c. andrews books are all absolutely amazing and very easily distinguishable from any other authors. i love the darkeness, secrets, lies, very addicting, i have almost every single book!
Tamela
This was pretty good...quick read. Entertaining yet predictable.
I am still looking forward to the next in the series. VC Andrews, as usual, set the background for the next book in the series,therefore the ending does not quite close.
A three-part book in which each section sets the scene for a young teen girl that has found a habit of trouble, from shoplifting, promiscuity, and delinquency. The common thread is that each has seen the strong arm of the law and has reached the end of it. They are
Kim Smiley
This is another typical V.C. Andrews book. This one revolves around 3 troubles girls, all have stories that detail why they're ending up in a "special" school for troubled teens in order to stay out of jail. I felt sorry for every girl because of their stories of parents who just didn't pay enough attention to them. The biggest lesson this teaches is that if parents aren't capable of taking care of their children and actually taking part in their lives, they shouldn't procreate. Period. I'll be ...more
Vicky
nothing really happened. I understand it had to set up the story for the second bk but I struggled through it. hoping for the sequel to be better
Fred Scott
i wasn't too taken by this one. I am a huge fan of the author, but this book was simply too boring and easily predictable. it had its moments, but for the most part it wasn't very good.
Delicious Strawberry
This was actually one of the better 'VCA' books that Neiderman had published in a while. Unlike the last few books before this, I actually enjoyed Broken Wings. The stories of the girls were believable, and it was nice having one fat book instead of buying slim volumes separately. I honestly enjoyed this more than I did the series before this. It really is too bad that its sequel, Midnight Flight, was actually one of the WORST 'VCA' books that Neiderman ever published...
Donna
This book felt like one of the old series (like orphans) where it had the short pieces of the girls and then a novel at the end that involved all 4 of the girls. This one had three and the reasons why they are where they are (the events that led up to where they are) and the next book will be involving all three of the girls I'm sure. It wasn't a bad book (I did finish it), but it wasn't the best either. Will read the next in the series.
Nicole Mathias
Heather
The first two stories really made me think that the author just got lazy and used the same formula. The last story, though, was quite different and I really appreciated that the heroine wasn't basing the future of her life on some silly boy. As always, V.C. Andrews is my guilty pleasure and no matter how dramatic or ridiculous the story, I always enjoy them.
Therese
I loved the writing style and found I was drawn into the story easily. It tugged at my emotions, which I enjoy in a novel.
My only gripe is that Broken Wings does not stand well on it's own... it needs the sequel, which I have yet to find. It kind of spoilt it because it felt like I had only read half a book when I got to the last page.
Redfox5
I think I'm getting more cynical as I get older. I found it hard to sympsise with any of the girls. Especially Teal, poor little rich girl. Bad things did happen to them but they were all given chances to changes and they all blew it. Their attitude stank. Still an intresting story but not one of Andrews best.
Emily
As an avid V.C. Andrews reader, I feel compelled to read nearly every book that comes out, but this series didn't do much for me. It was similar to the last miniseries featuring young girls pining for the same things. I do wish the ghost writer would go back to the five book series that always seemed to do the trick.
Autumn Ashbaugh
This is another one of my favorite books. It's about 4 teenage girls who do pretty much WHATEVER they want,and when I say WHATEVER I mean WHATEVER. But one day there parents get sick of it and thats when the book ends and goes onto "Midnight Flight"
Lauren Gommert
This book held my interest only because I'd read the sequel years before and I'm a sucker for books in a series. The ghostwritten V.C. Andrews book rarely hold up to the vintage works, and this book is no different.
Heather
This book isn't as bad as some other reviews make it sound. It's a very simple read.. great for a plane ride or trip. I've enjoyed reading the three stories about each girl. I can't wait to read the sequel.
Alexis
Oct 11, 2009 Alexis rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Alexis by: my mom
I felt so bad for the girls in this story. I kind of got bored at the end of the book, so I didn't read the rest, but I'm definately reading the 2nd book, when they go to that special school!
Carly
Thus us the first ever v.c Andrews book I ever read loved it, not yet read midnight flight, coz can't get my hands on it not through lack of trying,, but have read hundreds more v.c Andrews books x
Mikayla
This book was extremely well written. It talks about how it is like for these three girls from three different backgrounds who are different but their differences make them all the same.
V C Andrews 1 3 Jul 29, 2013 06:52PM
  • Final Fantasy XIII: Complete Official Guide - Collector's Edition
  • The Dragon Done It
  • Secrets
  • See Jane Run
  • Maggie: Diary #2 (California Diaries, #8)
  • Beach Party (Point Horror, #8)
  • Fatal Secrets (Point Horror, #24)
  • The Five Dollar Smile: And Other Stories
  • The Caledonian Inheritance (The Athena Effect #3)
  • Urban Shots
  • Town in a Pumpkin Bash  (A Candy Holliday Mystery, #4)
  • The Ghosts of Now
  • The Boy/Friend (Girlfriend Fiction, #19)
  • The Myth of a Christian Religion: Losing Your Religion for the Beauty of a Revolution
  • Official Final Fantasy VII Strategy Guide
  • The Manse
  • What Waits in the Woods
  • Double Delicious!
Books published under the following names - Virginia Andrews, V. Andrews, Virginia C. Andrews & V.C. Endrius. Books since her death ghost written by Andrew Neiderman, but still attributed to the V.C. Andrews name

Virginia Cleo Andrews (born Cleo Virginia Andrews) was born June 6, 1923 in Portsmouth, Virginia. The youngest child and the only daughter of William Henry Andrews, a career navy man w
More about V.C. Andrews...

Broken Wings (2 books)
  • Midnight Flight (Broken Wings, #2)
Flowers in the Attic (Dollanganger, #1) Petals on the Wind (Dollanganger, #2) If There Be Thorns (Dollanganger, #3) Seeds of Yesterday (Dollanganger, #4) Garden of Shadows (Dollanganger, #5)