Start by marking “No Fear (Conquest, #2)” as Want to Read:
No Fear (Conquest, #2)

No Fear (Conquest #2)

4.24 of 5 stars 4.24  ·  rating details  ·  919 ratings  ·  108 reviews

After Conquest's long tour, singer Jesse Alexander is ready to head home with his partner, Evan Arden. When Conquest hits the studio again, Jesse finds competition from two new bands and tensions reach a breaking point. Facing challenges unlike any he's ever known, Jesse must somehow duplicate Conquest's success and reach his ultimate goal: showing NO FEAR and announcing h
Published March 2010 by MLR Press

To ask other readers questions about No Fear, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about No Fear

Heaven by Jet MyklesConquest by S.J. FrostHell by Jet MyklesPurgatory by Jet MyklesThe Curtis Reincarnation by Zathyn Priest
Best Gay Rockers
9th out of 137 books — 439 voters
Cut & Run by Abigail RouxZero at the Bone by Jane SevilleFaith & Fidelity by Tere MichaelsFish & Chips by Abigail RouxPromises by Marie Sexton
The Best of Gay Romance
215th out of 2,266 books — 2,355 voters

More lists with this book...

Kassa
Sequels are always an interesting animal. When I read Conquest last year, I liked it a lot despite its many problems. What’s interesting about No Fear is that all the problems in the first book are still here in the second book. Unfortunately I couldn’t forgive those issues a second time around as easily as I could in the first book. No Fear reads extremely close to the original Conquest with the same writing style, same horrendous head hopping, same overly wordy and extraneous details, but this ...more
Betryal
Deeze
This was a continuation of Even and Jesse and I think I liked this slightly more than book 1. There seemed a bit more going on with this one and there were some good WTH moments, (you know where your reading and find yourself mumbling What The Hell) lol.

The songs were as good if not better and I wish there was a way to hear them. Over all another sweet easy read with a few tense moments and some lovely romantic scenes too.

S J Frost writes characters that you not only love but can believe in too
Kathy
A wonderful follow-up story to Conquest , S.J. Frost's No Fear takes us further into the lives of Jesse and Evan and of the band. We also get to know Brandon a bit more and I have to say I totally love this guy! What a super big brother he is and he seriously needs an HEA. Will he or won't he? You'll have to read the book to find out!

Jesse and Evan's relationship continues to deepen and the emotional connection that we, the reader, get to experience is phenomenal. I really love the way that S.J
Awilk -never sleeps-
After finishing the first book in this series, and loving it so much, I broke my New Year resolution about buying new books because I had to have this. I am so glad I have no self control as I really enjoyed this.

Jesse and Evan are still happily together, and finishing up their joint world tour. Jesse hasn't been back to Evan's house since their break-up, and was feeling nervous about going back. Despite his worry, he soon realises that being with Evan is where he is home.

This story has a bunch
Elisa Rolle
No Fear starts more or less where Conquest ended, with Evan and Jesse in a committed relationship, but only in private. Evan still fears (and here is the main reference to the title, other than the title of Jesse’s album, that like for Conquest before, is also the title of the book) to ruin Jesse’s chances to stardom if they do coming out together: best scenario is that people, and fans, will believe that Jesse is profiting from his relationship with Evan, and worst that they will desert him not ...more
Midnight
DarienMoya
SHOW NO FEAR

More of my reviews and thoughts on my blog PANTS OFF REVIEWS

I enjoyed this second offering in the Conquest series, though a tad bit predictable and equally mushy. It was still a wonderful book about the sexiest rockstars eva. Evan and Jesse are back in big way, and it’s never a bad thing to visit them.

The relationship is established, but they still must keep it a secret from the public. They both struggle with hiding their love for each other, and its becoming harder for them, not t
Rissa (an M/M kinda Girl!!)
*awesome*

This book takes us back into the lives of Evan & Jesse. (it's great because I always wonder what happens to my guys after the last page of their books.) I will say that Jesse is still a brat at the start of this book but gradually we see him grow and slightly mature throughout the book. Some of his 'tantrums' are warranted and I don't blame him for stomping his feet, I woulda too...but other times he coulda held his head up took a deep breath and just been the bigger man and moved o
Susan

This book suffers from taking itself too seriously. And because if it, I started to feel like I was reading a comedy.

After book 1, I was hopeful that this might be a promising series that got better w/ each book. Unfortunately that was not the case. Yes, the relationship between Jesse and Evan remained the highlight of the book, it was really the only good part. The "rocker"-related scenes were so outrageous and the dialogue so ridiculous, over-the-top, and unrealistic.

That left me to
Candice
I think I enjoyed this book more than the first story. You get to see a continuation of the relationship with Jesse and Evan and how their lives progressed, instead of showcasing a new couple and just having them in the background. All the characters and relationships were deepened further, which endeared you more to all characters in these stories, but still left a lot to delve into in future books to find their stories. I still had no interest in Trish and was glad where the author went with c ...more
Kaje Harper
This author pulls me through the books fast, and I like the characters. You definitely want to read Conquest before this one, but it was good to see all the guys again. I particularly have a soft spot for Brandon, Jesse's brother.

The romance is pretty idyllic. I wish my husband was half as sweetly eloquent as these guys in their loving moments, but I decided I could chalk it up to the fact that they are both song-writers and that made it work. I picked up Black Heart Down next, because I want t
Nic
A really refreshing sequel. I didn't read the blurb so expected the story to focus on a different set of main characters than the original pair of Jesse and Evan. However this was an extension of their love story and provided the very happy ever after ending! Nice parallel story of Brandon's search for love and introduction of some new characters. Jesse and Evan may be rock stars but this is definitely a romance and not focused on the hard rock lifestyle.
Erica Pike
What I love about the Conquest series is that the love interests actually stay together for the majority of the time instead of spending the whole book apart and only getting together in the end. I also read parts of it with a huge grin on my face. The characters are wholesome, the writing tight, and there's a bunch of humor I simply love.

Definitely a must to read (after Conquest, of course!).
Jerry
As a musician I liked a lot of the musical references. As a love story it was not as strong as the first book, but a mostly good sequel. Not as much angst as the original. I really wish that the way the characters came out and their acceptance were the norm for society today. I believe we are getting there and I have great hope and that is one of the important reasons I read this genre of literature.
Susan65
I have never really been attracted to small guys in my books but for some reason I love Evan and Jesse. And i loved reading about their relationships ups and downs, their musical progress, the gay bashing fools and knowing that it's not over and I can continue my fix with Keys to Love.
Stacey Jo
This is book 2 of the Conquest series and does a great job of following up to the first book Conquest. This one doesn't have the angst that the first one does, but Evan and Jesse's relationship has grown and matured and they are past that point. They are a great example of soulmates. They are fantastic together. In this book we get a further look into their lives; the day-to-day problems that they face. There are a number of things that are setbacks for Conquest and keep them from doing much rec ...more
Bookwatcher
Do you want a song to define Evan and Jesse? Listen to a sonata, one of Jesse's favorites:
Beethoven´s Moonlight Sonata (if the link is not working in your country please search between youtube ton of videos, just writing Beethoven´s Moonlight Sonata)

Why I'm starting a review with a link to a song?
It's the story behind the sonata that catch my attention! When I read it in this book, about Jesse feeling about it, I remember it's story:

"Beethoven composed the famous Moonlight Sonata in 1801 and de
Trisha Harrington
No Fear the sequel to Conquest has everything the first book had and more. With the added bonus of a HEA for Jesse and Evan. Without a doubt these two books and this couple have stolen my heart and firmly placed themselves as a top ten favourite couple of mine. Its hard for me not to love such a sweet and sappy couple, but they have issues and that makes it better in a sense.

Jesse in this book has not changed. He is still possessive and still is opinionated and still wants Evan all of the time.
Barb ~rede-2-read~
This book is a nice follow-up to Conquest, picking up where the first book left off. It's almost completely devoted to the development of the relationship between Evan and Jesse. There's some tension between Conquest and other bands and there's one brutal incident involving Jesse, but otherwise it's just a pretty mellow story with a LOT of sex scenes.

The author writes beautiful scenes between these two MCs who are so in love with each other, but I found it to be too many. I kept expecting more
Arzu
No Fear is the follow-up to Conquest by S.J. Frost. I know there are a lot of books where the sequels can’t live up to the expectations of the readers, but in this case, it exceeded my expectations.

In this book, the characters of Jesse and Evan are developed into a stage, so that we, readers, understand their handlings and thoughts more. Their relationship deepened and got stronger. The belief in their love is amazing and gives the reader, or at least me, the feeling that true love and finding
Monika
Just finished this book, OMG!! I loved it as much as the first in the series and was glad it continued with Jesse and Evan, I can't get enough of these two. This one had me laughing and crying just like the first but mostly it just made me feel good except for that one really bad part which I won't talk about and give away any of the story. I have to make this short so I can go and start reading the next one, I can't wait! I think when I get to the last book of the series it will be hard to fini ...more
Heather
After you move along from the teenage drama with Trish, the book moved along.

A lot of this book was Jesse and Evan touching each other or having sex. They are Definitely a have sex very night type of couple. But, the prepping with the middle finger and then the finger then pushing against the tight hole kind of got old. Why couldn't more of the scenes be like the anal bead one.

You see a lot of Evan's Insecurities. He said sorry an awful lot.

Why I didn't see the inevitable coming I have no ide
Momof3-Jealous of Paul
4 stars...not sure if its as good as the first one, but I really enjoyed seeing everyone again. Well, except Trish...Gah! I hate her.
Anyhoo...I liked the progression of Evan and Jesse, their committment, coming to terms with what they can handle and what they can't, they weren't overly perfect, they argued, got jealous, disagreed, but their relationship was strong and I adore them.
Kyler was...ugh...not really sure what to say about him yet...if he and Robbie can straighten their issues...maybe.
H
Brenda (b)
I love reading about established couples and I love reading more about characters I've already met. So I loved this book because it had both. It was great getting to know the characters better and to meet some new ones. The story of Jesse and Evan is continued here after Jesse's concert tour ends and they return home. They become closer to each other, weather trouble with Jesse's band (Conquest) and meet 2 rival bands. Jesse's brother, Brandon, goes through some tribulations of his own too.
Karen K
The sequel to Conquest did not disappoint. I just can't get enough of the love between Evan and Jesse - they're an adorable couple and survived a lot in the first book and even more in this one. The sex was great as usual and the plot was fantastic. I like how Frost developed the other characters and I'll admit I was very glad when one of the characters was gone.
♥ Evan and Jesse
Jenni Lea
I really love this series! This story is a continuation of the love-fest that is Evan and Jesse. I just can’t seem to get enough of them! Their love is beautiful and the way they express it gets my heart beating and my temperature rising. Though I do I have to state (and I can’t believe I’m actually saying this) I think there was a little too much sex in the book. It didn’t take away from the story but I kept finding myself wanting to skim though some of the sex scenes.
Tina

I loved Evan and Jesse in the first book and love them in the follow-up even more. Their relationship deepens and get stronger. The love between Jesse and Evan is so strong and so well written you feel it deep as the story develops. Like in the first book, the song lyrics are wonderful, so emotional and affecting. I will definitely continue reading the following installments.
Gitte - TotallyBookedBlog
I loved Conquest and I love No Fear. The relationship between Jesse and Evan is beautiful and No Fear develops and builds on their life together and their place in the music industry. This series is so well written and descriptive you completely get to know the characters so you end up completely immersed and feel all the emotions of love, anger, sadness and hope.
JustJen "Miss Conduct"
Another great installment of the Jesse/Evan story. Even though their mushiness can get a bit annoying at times, it is hard not to love them both. They are so good together. This book is a continuation of their relationship with some extra band drama thrown in. I really enjoyed it and am looking forward to reading the next one!
  • The Missing Butterfly (Missing Butterfly, #1)
  • The Curtis Reincarnation
  • With The Band
  • Reverb
  • American Love Songs
  • The Luckiest (Lucky Moon, #2)
  • The Dark Angels: With Wings
  • Catch My Breath
  • Perfect Imperfections
  • Shades Of Dreams
  • Black Gold
S.J. Frost resides in Ohio with her husband and son, as well as some very special horses, dogs, and cats. Her short stories have been featured in various erotic and romance anthologies, and her gay erotic romance novels are published through MLR Press.
More about S.J. Frost...

Conquest (7 books)
  • Conquest (Conquest, #1)
  • Keys to Love (Conquest, #3)
  • Finding a Dream (Conquest, #4)
  • Black Heart Down (Conquest, #5)
  • Heartstrings (Conquest, #6)
  • Feeling the Rhythm (Conquest, #7)
Conquest (Conquest, #1) Natural Instincts (Instincts, #1) Black Heart Down (Conquest, #5) Keys to Love (Conquest, #3) A Little Bit Country