More Two Minute Mysteries

More Two Minute Mysteries

3.76 of 5 stars 3.76  ·  rating details  ·  165 ratings  ·  7 reviews
YOU ARE THE DETECTIVE!
A woman hears a scream. Which apartment did it come from? YOU spot the clues ... YOU match wits with famous detective Dr. Haledjian ... YOU solve it.

Sixty-three "quickie" mysteries, filled with very tricky clues. Answers are given, so you can score yourself as a sleuth. Can you solve the crime?
Published April 1st 1986 by Scholastic (first published 1979)

Sarah Foote
Okay this is one of my favorite books! Oh my word I was just reading it for fun because it is just really fun, then I looked in the cover and it is worth 3 points! So why not! Some of the questions are really, REALLY hard. So far I think I have gotten 7 or 8 right, but I am almost finished with the book! I suggest that you read this book if you like figuring mysteries out! :-)
Robin Herrera
I had the first book in this series when I was a child. I read #3 about a year ago, but tracking down #2 was extremely hard. (I had two instances of getting #3 instead of #2!) But I finally got it, so I was able to read the remaining Haledjian mysteries.

This book is severely dated (the others are as well) and relies on tired stereotypes (one of the answers to a mystery is "No woman would hang up a mink coat she'd just bought - she'd try it on immediately!".... yeah, okay), but some of the myster...more
Charles
These are extremely short but kind of fun. I take books like this in the car with me. You can almost read a story at a stoplight.
Rebekah
Sep 16, 2013 Rebekah rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: people who like mysteries
This book is captivating and good for the brain.
It makes you think 'Now what is hidden inside this story?'
i really liked this book and would definetly recommend it.
Susan
Some of the solutions are a little dated in their "as everyone knows..." statements, but these mysteries are fun, quick, and easy to read.
Brittany
Enjoyable short mysteries to get your brain working.
Courtney
Quick brainteaser stories for kids.
Ella
Ella added it
Apr 29, 2014
Gabe D.
Gabe D. marked it as to-read
Apr 28, 2014
Michael Watson
Michael Watson marked it as to-read
Mar 20, 2014
Sean Smith
Sean Smith marked it as to-read
Mar 10, 2014
Daniel
Daniel added it
Mar 09, 2014
isaiki
isaiki added it
Feb 08, 2014
Chelsi
Chelsi marked it as to-read
Feb 01, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
Donald J. Sobol was an award-winning writer best known for his children's books, especially the Encyclopedia Brown mystery series. Mr. Sobol passed away in July of 2012.
More about Donald J. Sobol...
Encyclopedia Brown, Boy Detective (Encyclopedia Brown, #1) Encyclopedia Brown and the Case of the Secret Pitch (Encyclopedia Brown, #2) Encyclopedia Brown Takes the Cake! (Encyclopedia Brown, #15 1/2) Encyclopedia Brown Solves Them All (Encyclopedia Brown, #5) Encyclopedia Brown Finds the Clues (Encyclopedia Brown, #3)