Start by marking “Borrowed Stilettos” as Want to Read:
Borrowed Stilettos

Borrowed Stilettos

3.54 of 5 stars 3.54  ·  rating details  ·  399 ratings  ·  46 reviews
It's a classic case of mistaken identity. But this time, it's no mistake. Plans go hilariously and seductively awry when mild-mannered Audrey Thompson dresses as Ava, her flamboyant but cowardly twin. It is Audrey's task, as Ava, to break up with Ava's fiance, Zach Banister. However, as Audrey is stuffing her bra and tottering around in her sister's stilettos, she falls fo ...more
Published January 1st 2010 by Wild Rose Press

To ask other readers questions about Borrowed Stilettos, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Borrowed Stilettos

Can You Keep a Secret? by Sophie KinsellaBet Me by Jennifer CrusieWallbanger by Alice ClaytonMatch Me If You Can by Susan Elizabeth PhillipsNatural Born Charmer by Susan Elizabeth Phillips
Humorous Romance Books
449th out of 2,028 books — 4,629 voters
Party Girl by Rachel HollisBet Me by Jennifer CrusieFirst Grave on the Right by Darynda JonesVision in White by Nora RobertsVenom by Jennifer Estep
Awesome Shoes
28th out of 119 books — 43 voters

More lists with this book...

Michelle
Once again, I stopped a book after my self-imposed requirement of listening for one hour or reading for 100 pages. Why didn't I know from the description that it would be horrible? So many regrets. This is a racy book -- even comes with a "this is not for children" disclaimer at the beginning. I can handle racy. I can not handle bad writing. For example, "Dinner passed slower than slugs on ice." What does that even mean????? And so, alas, I bid adieu to Borrowed Stilettos.
Jen O'grady
Great little story another audio book for me, thank you Sam Lomax, nice steamy scenes definitely worth a read or listen.
Amy Watt
There's just something about quick reads that makes me feel as if I've accomplished something. I would have finished this in about 2-3 hours if I hadn't had any distractions.

The writing was good enough to keep pulling me along with it, which I think is really good in a book. I don't like books that drag.

About this book: the main character annoyed me. Audrey's a twin and she's the meeker of the two, who takes her sister, Ava's, place for the weekend so that she can dump her boyfriend because Ava
Readone To ReviewOne
Borrowed Stilettos by Rebecca J. Clark
Borrowed Stilettos by Rebecca J. Clark
This book's story line tells the story of switching twins with its own unique twist of events. It has love and humor. Twins...I always thought it would be fun to have a twin. Now, I am second guessing how much fun that would be in reality. The relationship between twins is very unique. It is similar to the sisterly protective bond that develops between women who care for each other. Most women have at least one woman in their life that they look up to and w
Chelsea Nicole
First things first: who has a flip-phone in 2010? Yeah.....
This book is completely unbelievable because we know there is only two sets of twins that were able to switch places and they were the Mowry sisters and the Sweet Valley high sisters. Audrey was so gullible and such a pushover. Ava was a bitch and when she walked into that dining room I was so pissed at her. I don't believe anyone could make their kind of connection over three days. No way Jose. And not to mention Audrey's actions and em
Catherine
Delightful, sexy, witty... let me see if I can come up with more wonderful words of praise here. I'm not sure what I was expecting when I picked this one up. The cover sold me, the blurb entised me, the characters seduced me. Rebecca J. Clark is an author to watch.
Shardallinee
Yet another novel I liked to read that was done in the end without any sequels and so forth. I feel like I needed a break from reading really long series (while waiting for my favorites to continue) so this little jewel I found was welcoming and sweet to read.

The plotline was familiar yet different, drama wasn't dragging and just harsh enough to make me care about the characters (which I came to appreciate more and more for the past few years in one standalone book, since it is easier to fall in
Pete
Borrowed Stilettos is abook loaned to me recently, by a female friend, written by Rebecca J. Clark. This crazy female friend is 6’1” tall and was wearing them 4” red stilettos at a party.

Ok, so I was NCAA (no clue at all) about the author, or any of her adult fiction books. I want you to know that this short story was GREAT!

Having twins in my extended family made it even more fascinating.

I thought the world building and character building was very well done, even though I’m not a fan of weal
Lori Lyn
A "light read" in that it is a short-ish books and very quick paced, Rebecca J. Clark manages to bring to the fore two characters who are very real (he, even though he "comes from money", doesn't make even one mention of anything that reeks privilege that I can recall, even though the surroundings of the story bring this home subtly).

Sure the reader needs to suspend belief more than a few times but it all in good fun and casually done. It's meant, it seems to me, to be a fun, sexy romp where the
Sarah Eiseman
This is my first time reading this author’s work, and from the looks of it, this may be her first published book. This book was fabulous! What a great find! Thank you Amazon for helping me get some new authors in my cue.

I love stories that have identical twins as main characters. There’s always some good shenanigans and trouble-making when you do, plus you almost always have other characters scratching their heads. This story was no exception. Ava Divine is the “pretty” twin. A flight attendant/
life's a fairy tale
Okay I seriously would have REALLY liked this book had Zach not referred to Ava/Audrey as DOLLFACE. UGH, seriously - what man says that?! I cringed every time he said it. That one word ruined it for me! Puke.

Aside from that, the book was pretty cute. Audrey's twin sister, Ava, works for Zach. She misunderstands his "wanting" her for the real thing when really he's trying to just get back at his parents. Ava doesn't want to deal with it and thinks he really wants to propose to her so she sends h
ARe Cafe
Ms. Rebecca J. Clark is a new author to me. This book is fabulous! I thoroughly enjoyed her characters. The two main characters fell in love, of course, and then later, how Zach found out about the duplicity was wonderfully written. The secondary characters were totally believable. His family acted exactly as we expect a wealthy bunch to act. Reading about them was very entertaining.

The book flowed smoothly and was definitely a page turner. I could not put it down. How they went from “secret dis
Kate Curran
Looking for a quick fun summer read? Check out Borrowed Stilettos by Rebecca Clark. Just finished it. Loved Audrey and Zach and rooted for them to get together all the way through. A great read with plenty of laughs, sex, and just plain old fun.
Dre
Overall a good book. I was annoyed with Audrey so many times for not speaking up and telling Zach what was really going on. I guess I understand her point, but I just felt like he was picking up on somehting not being right anyway that she had plenty of opportunities where he would not have flipped out, but for her to keep saying she was sorry to his family including the butler and be so upset at the end... I mean how did she honestly think he would react?! However, I was truly upset with Zach b ...more
Judith
There were so many really funny moments. This story also had heart and was very well written. I was entertained throughout and there was never a dull moment. Great characters and wonderful story. Loved it.
Kelsey Browning
Why Borrowed Stilettos is a Red Hot Read: In these times of paranormal romance, romantic suspense and urban fantasy, it’s often hard to find just a straight contemporary romance to curl up with. And Rebecca Clark delivers that delightfully with this quick and fun read. It’s a case of mistaken identity between a sister who wants to break up with her fiancé and the sister who agrees to do the breaking-up dirty work. What she finds instead is that she’s falling for the man whose heart she’s suppose ...more
Moriah
This was very cute and very funny and very cry-y. It would have been a 4-star if I could understand the logic of why Audrey kept her secret after Zach told her it was a scam. I mean, I know the whole plot was built on her keeping the secret, but her actually doing it after there was no need to was...weird. And not really consistent with the character, even as she had been drawn so early in the book.

In an inferior book, this would have annoyed me enough to give it 1 or 2 stars, but I found it ove
Layla Shear
I'm stuck because I can't decide whether to give this book 4 stars or 5. So, I hope it's okay to say that I rate Borrowed Stilettos 4.5 stars. The story was lovely and quite funny. In fact, it brought cheesy girly tears to my eyes because it was just so perfect. That may be because it's like 12:00am but it doesn't change the fact that I loved this story, the title, and the characters. I was really hoping for an epilogue. Borrowed Stilettos is definitely one my top go-to quick-reads for whenever ...more
Elizabeth
Cute read about mixed up identity. Lighthearted and fun, though a bit tedious towards the end.
Jasmin
Wasn't a brilliant work of fiction but it was fun and easy. It would be good for a road trip or a long train ride.

The characters weren't ground breaking but they were pleasant and for the most part believable and it has a nice enough story line.

I don't feel like I wasted my time reading it.

There is a fair bit of descriptive sexy time so if that makes you uncomfortable I would stay away (it's not like 50 shades of gray or anything but there is a bit).
Jude Bown
Such a fun, clever book! One scene had me gasping for breath it was so hysterical. Another scene had me gasping for breath it was so fabulously sensual. This story of mistaken identity was witty, charming and seductive. The resolution of the hero's trust issues melted my heart and steamed the windows. Beautifully done. And the sister's heartfelt confession of truth and consequences at the end...brilliant.
Sara
J.A. Saare
This story is everything you want in a romance. It's funny, it's sexy, it's captivating. From start to finish, I couldn't put this one down. The characters positively sizzle and the story will make you laugh, cry, and melt.

Kudos to Ms. Clark on an amazing story that I intend to purchase in paperback to place on the keeper shelf!
Brindle Chase
What a fun, sexy romance. I've read switcheroos, even wrote one myself and this was the best. I loved the story, the characters and the dynamics. Having met the author at a book signing event where we shared a table, I was intrigued by her wit and charm, and so had to read one of her books. I am so glad I did. This is a great novel!
Mya A.
This was a short but great read. Ava who is really Audrey is suppose to break-up with Ava's bf then she happens to fall for him. but it's all a game or so that's what they tell themselves for a while.. then all goes down the grain when the real Ava shows.... Overall it was great but SHORT!!!
Chrisie
Listened o. Audio book . Fun story although a tad steamy at times lol. Great story about an identical twin who helps her sister by agreeing to finish with her boyfriend Zack while pretending to be her sister Ava . Wanted to shake Audrey at times and shout "tell him " some really funny parts to
Karen
Another one of my free downloads. Not a genre I typically read. But, it had an interesting story and some sex so it held my attention. Very predictable but I have found all these chick lit books have similar formulas.
Cathy
A fun, hot read; a Cinderella-doesn't-leave-the-ball story about a woman who goes to the 'prince's' house in place of her sister and ends up falling into both bed and love.
  • Love Engineered
  • Just One Look
  • Caroline and the Duke
  • She Did A Bad, Bad Thing (Million Dollar Secrets, #1)
  • Too Hot to Handle (Domestic Gods, #2)
  • The Rejected Suitor
  • His Grace Regrets
  • A Christmas Dance
  • Lady Silence
  • My Lady Coward: An Episodic Regency Romance
  • The Confession
  • Mandy's Story (Fang Chronicles, #4)
  • My Perfect Wedding (Helen Grey, #2)
  • Then Comes Marriage
  • Rescue Me
  • Driftwood
  • Believe: 2 Paranormal Romances
  • Crazy for You
Shameless Her One-Night Prince Borrowed Stilettos (Red Stilettos Book 1) Running in Stilettos (Red Stilettos Book 2) Deliver the Moon