Start by marking “Anchors Aweigh (Maritime Men, #2)” as Want to Read:
Anchors Aweigh (Maritime Men, #2)

Anchors Aweigh (Maritime Men #2)

4.03  ·  Rating Details  ·  281 Ratings  ·  29 Reviews
Sequel to Maritime Men After completing Navy SEAL training, Cooper Fitch and Eli Jones face assignment to different platoons. Since the strength of their mutual physical attraction is exceeded only by their emotional reliance on each other, the idea of being separated for a year or more is a bitter pill to swallow. But missing Eli may be just the beginning of Cooper's trou ...more
Published March 10th 2010 by Dreamspinner Press (first published 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Anchors Aweigh, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Anchors Aweigh

I'll Be Your Drill, Soldier by Crystal RoseSpecial Forces by Aleksandr VoinovZero at the Bone by Jane SevilleKeeping Promise Rock by Amy LaneLatakia by J.F.  Smith
Best Gay Soldiers
35th out of 351 books — 588 voters
Promises by Marie SextonStrawberries for Dessert by Marie SextonFish & Chips by Abigail RouxSticks & Stones by Abigail RouxKeeping Promise Rock by Amy Lane
Best M/M Romance Published in 2010
110th out of 305 books — 517 voters

More lists with this book...

Kaje Harper
Jun 24, 2012 Kaje Harper rated it really liked it
I liked this book even more than the first one. In this book, the two men spend most of their time apart, with Cooper discovering who he can be when Eli isn't there to lead him, and both of them working for a future together. It is gripping, a little angsty and sweet, with major heat when the guys find time together. I really, want to see another one (hopefully there will be a book #3) with the guys finally together, but unable to acknowledge that while on active duty.

Well written, fast moving,
Kassa
Apr 12, 2010 Kassa rated it really liked it
Sequels are a tricky thing. Anchors Aweigh is the long awaited sequel for the very popular Maritime Men and thankfully AA delivers in very much the same voice and content as the original. The narrative continues from Cooper’s point of view as he worries about the upcoming separation from Eli and the other members of his crew. When the two decide to rent a beach front condo together to have a home base, they struggle with being apart for several months. However, there is a glimpse of hope on the ...more
Feliz
Jul 17, 2016 Feliz rated it really liked it
After reading Maritime Men (Maritime Men, #1) by Janey Chapel I couldn't wait to get my hands on the sequel - and I wasn't disappointed, this was just as good as the first book.
It's very much Cooper's story though; Eli is absent for about half of it, if still always present in Cooper's mind. A beautiful love story under DADT, and also an ode to the brotherhood of warriors that makes Eli and Cooper's crew what they are.
Trisha Harrington
Jan 01, 2013 Trisha Harrington rated it really liked it
I frickin love these guys

The second book in the maritime men series was just as amazing as the first. I was worried that this would be a complete disaster, because that is normally what does happen. But I absolutely loved this story. I really hope there will be a third, fourth and fifth book in this series.

Coop and Eli need a HEA. And they need more time together. The way they sort of committed had me swooning. It was just such a happy moment for me. Thank you Janey Chapel for writing these am
Clare
Mar 25, 2010 Clare rated it it was amazing
Excellent sequel, the characters are as sexy and bold and attractive as before. Fascinating details about their training, good balance of fun and comradeship with the anguish of being at the mercy of where the military sends you. Good to see them devloping as both men and lovers. Hoping for more sequels!
Smith Barney
Mar 11, 2014 Smith Barney rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: M/m military lovers
Sequel to a military/m-m short-but-goodie Maritime Men. Great story. Underrated writer that has far too much promise to not write more in this genre. She has just the right testosterone/estrogen ratio down to a science. She writes her alpha men well in a guys-world-kind-of-way whether it be her sports/military themed stories she does a great job keeping it real.

Shell
Oct 22, 2010 Shell rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Shell by: Michele& Jeff Book Reviews Reviews
Shelves: favorites
Stephanie
Jul 12, 2012 Stephanie rated it it was amazing
Surprisingly, this was a very intense read because right after Eli and Cooper realize they are in love, they know they are going to be separated for more training. I was on the edge of my seat until the very end waiting to see if they would be put back together again. They each worked so hard towards that goal, making huge sacrifices physically and mentally because they are so much better together as a couple and teammates than when they are apart. They are soulmates and Janey did an excellent j ...more
Lisa
The second book in the series sees the team split up.
Eli is sent to a team ready to be deployed and Cooper and 2 others from his team stay in California.
I enjoyed this book. More about Cooper as Eli is deployed for the majority of the book. They decide to rent a small off base house so they can be together when not deployed.
Eli comes back at the end of the book and is assigned to Cooper's squad again.
It looks as if book 2 was the last in this series which is a shame as I would like to see how C
Snowtulip
Dec 24, 2011 Snowtulip rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m, soldiers, own
I love the chemistry between Eli and Cooper! This was a great sequel that just made me love these two so much more. We get to see great character development for Cooper and witness the love between these two men bloom. Can't get enought of these two and hope there is more to come!
Wren
Apr 19, 2010 Wren rated it really liked it
2nd installment of Maritime Men. The boys have to deal with being separated. Cooper learns to rely on himself instead of always on Eli. They rent a house together, even though they're not going to be together there much. It's fun watching Cooper be domestic.
Jane (PS)
Nov 05, 2014 Jane (PS) rated it really liked it
Shelves: mm
I really enjoyed this - the separation that made the MCs individually, and as a couple, so much stronger! And I loved the SEAL training element - the hardship and the friendship.
Edina Rose
Jun 10, 2012 Edina Rose rated it really liked it

Love Cooper's voice.
Bee
Nothing hurts as much as leaving the one you love. Unfortunately Cooper and Eli don't have much choice in this. Cooper is left to take charge over a new platoon and Eli is sent off on a special mission, they have no idea when they are going to see each other again. Cooper is worried that he hasn't got what it takes to make it without Eli; he doubts his ability to lead his men and worries that he won't be any good at all without his best friend and lover. Before Eli leaves the two men rent a hous ...more
Tam
Mar 21, 2010 Tam rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m
This is the follow-up to Maritime Men. Eli and Cooper are finished their training and waiting to get their assignments. They are almost guaranteed to be split up which sucks but is a fact of life. They agree to rent a house together and they find out that Eli is being deployed right away and Cooper is going to be a second in command with two of the remaining guys and stay behind.The tentative plan is that when Eli comes back he’d take over command of Cooper’s group so they’d be together. It was ...more
Jenre
Mar 20, 2010 Jenre rated it it was amazing
Shelves: m-m, contemporary, romance
This is the long awaited (or at least for me) sequel to the wonderful Maritime Men. The story follows on almost directly from the previous story. Eli and Cooper are on the cusp of finding out their new placings and are hoping that they may get put together along with the remainder of their platoon (three others have already shipped out elsewhere). Cooper is surprised when he gets placed as second-in-command to a platoon which also contains Ace and Chavez, the remaining two men from their trainin ...more
Elizabetta
So Janey Chapel knows how to write. And she knows how to write men. But she also knows how to write male camaraderie and military training and swagger without going over the top. These are real guys not fantasy supermen. Wait, they are Navy SEALs so they are badasses.

This sequel to Maritime Men is all about enduring separation from the one you love. Again we have Cooper’s POV. Cooper completes his SEAL training and Eli is deployed to dangerous parts unknown. Cooper and Eli had learned to suppor
Writerlibrarian
Almost a 4 stars. Eli and Cooper embark on the last part of their SEAL training and are facing the dismantlement of their team and being apart. Both realize they have something between them that works emotionally, physically, spiritually and decided to risk keeping their personal bond despite being placed in different SEAL teams worlds away from each other.

This chapter of the Eli and Cooper story is mostly Cooper coming into its own as a team leader, growing up as a person. Both Eli's going awa
Lisa
Jul 16, 2015 Lisa rated it it was amazing
Great book! Loved the characters and their love story
A. Steele
Oct 06, 2010 A. Steele rated it it was amazing
Janey Chapel's sequel to "Maritime Men" is a must-read. If you couldn't get enough of the desire and tension between Cooper and Eli before, this book is for you. Once again, Chapel's smooth, readable style and gift for realistic dialogue make this a fun fantasy to lose yourself in. With Eli's influence, Cooper begins to mature into a much richer character, and the sparks between the two only get hotter!
Jennie
Apr 27, 2011 Jennie rated it really liked it
I was pretty happy to see that I had this book as well, after reading the first one. I found that the characters were more fleshed out in this one. It was also longer, which was nice. I'm looking forwards to a (hopefully) third one in the series, seeing how Eli and Cooper manage in their careers. Also, with the repeal of DADT, wondering if that will play a role and what people will say.
Gavin Stephenson-Jackman
May 17, 2012 Gavin Stephenson-Jackman rated it really liked it
A wonderful story of love and devotion. Devotion to each other and devotion to duty. Cooper and Eli find each other soon after entering training as Navy SEALS. As training ends they find themselves very much in love but separated by duty. Devoted to each other they endure the separation in the time of DADT. During their separation Cooper becomes the man Eli knew he could be as a leader.
Wendy Ann
This book was intense all around. I could feel the intensity in the relationship between Cooper and Eli – it was just there, as if no gap from the first book existed. I could also feel the intensity of what it must be like to face the realities of a situation such as theirs (and frankly, how much it would suck). I love where things ended, but selfishly, I really want more please!!
Ereader
Nov 27, 2010 Ereader rated it really liked it
This installment of the story is much more satisfying. It was interesting to watch the growth of Cooper while Eli was away. Also, their reunion at the end was very sweet! Oh, and great use of a song lyric, "ain't no sunshine when he's gone ..,"
Traci
Aug 07, 2013 Traci rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m, military-m-m
Good second book, more development of the two characters. If you like hot, steamy military men, it's a good quick read! More about the trials and tribs of being in the military with more hot steamy scenes.
Seregil
Sep 06, 2010 Seregil rated it liked it
The story was a bit more touching than the first book and we got to get to know the two men better.
I was left wanting to know more about how they'll manage to stick together.
Reggie
Oct 27, 2012 Reggie rated it really liked it
Shelves: adventure-cops
This series is GREAT!! Now I have to wait for the next one. tic-toc-tic-toc....
Oh well, at least I have something to look forward too! ;-p
Janie
Sep 07, 2013 Janie rated it liked it
Shelves: m-m-romance
We got to hear more about the characters this book but this book wasn't near as sexy as the first one.
May 16, 2012 Laura rated it it was amazing
4.5 Stars
Review soon....I'm in love!

Jules
Jules rated it liked it
Jul 20, 2016
  • Her Majesty's Men
  • The Telling (The Telling, #1)
  • Latakia
  • Beyond Duty (Beyond Duty, #0.5)
  • Jumping Into Things (Thatchers, #1)
  • Special Forces: Soldiers Part II -Director's Cut
  • Waves Break My Fall
  • Driftwood
  • The Only One Who Matters (The Only One, #2)
  • The General and the Horse-Lord (The General and the Horse-Lord #1)
  • I'll Be Your Drill, Soldier
  • Hell Dogs Squadron  (Hell Dogs Squadron #1-3)
  • Walking Wounded
  • Until We Meet Once More
  • Keeping Promise Rock (Promises, #1)
  • Because of the Brave
  • Beyond Honor
Janey Chapel found a paperback romance in her grandmother's bookcase at the age of eleven, inhaled it in one sitting, and then proceeded to devour thousands of romances in a variety of genres over the course of several decades. Eventually, her husband said, "Stop reading! Start writing!" After a lifetime in the South, Janey now lives in the Northeast with her husband and daughter, where she volunt ...more
More about Janey Chapel...

Maritime Men (2 books)
  • Maritime Men (Maritime Men,  #1)