Start by marking “Raising Goats for Dummies” as Want to Read:
Raising Goats for Dummies

Raising Goats for Dummies

Raise goats and reap the rewards. Raising Goats For Dummies provides you with an introduction to all aspects of owning, caring for, and the day-to-day benefits of raising goats.

Raising Goats For Dummies is your How-to guide for

Breaking down the complicated process of choosing and purchasing the right goat breed to meet your needs and getting facilities for your goat set u
Published March 8th 2010 by Wiley Publishing (first published 2010)

Mary Elizabeth Strate
Jun 21, 2012 Mary Elizabeth Strate rated it it was ok
This spring the boys spotted a miniature goat wandering round a carpark in St-Chrysostome. We all fell in love with her but sadly she was returned to her owner after almost a month. MadMummy immediately bought a herd of goats with the hopes that I would never again have to cut the grass. NannyGoat, Ziege, Cabreta, Thing One, and Thing Two are welcome additions for our family even if they are useless at keeping the garden trim. This book gave me some insight into why barking housewives should ...more
Lana
Jun 07, 2015 Lana rated it it was amazing
Shelves: book
This is a really a great book for a person thinking about raising goats. By the time I was done I realized a goat would not be a good pet for me. However, I think that reading such a good book can keep a person from having someone to rescue the goat when you realize the pet isn't for you.
Kathryn L. Chadwick
Very educational.

This is one of the most comprehensive and informative books I have read about raising goats I highly recommend this to anyone just getting started with goats. It was easy to read and well-written.

Keith Veeder
Mar 01, 2015 Keith Veeder rated it it was amazing
Only book I've seen so far that teaches you how to teach your goat and the people who will be around your goats how to behave.
Peggy
May 04, 2016 Peggy rated it really liked it
Not necessarily the best "goat book," at least so say the reviews. As a new goat owner I'm collecting books and hurriedly reading everything I can get my hands on. I'm finding several different books are good in their own way, and perhaps just to reinforce what another book said, or remind you of something important - or line things up in a different format that's easier to scan through ... or whatever.

We are NOT raising our Boer goats as meat goats, and yes, I don't like reading about that. It
Cheryl
Overall, I liked the set-up of this book. I read it cover to cover rather than skipping around. This meant it was repetitive at times. I had some misconceptions about goats before. I didn't realize they weren't really grazers, nor did I understand that you really have to commit to more than 1 goat for companionship. I also didn't realize how much of the vegetation in my yard would be harmful to them. The work load, even for "just" a pet, is more than I am willing to commit to. This means in ...more
Julie
May 04, 2014 Julie rated it it was amazing
Very helpful reference. My family has had goats for about 9 months and we are learning as we go. We had our first live birth twins this week and they are doing great. We are better prepared for the next set thanks to this book and the advice of a few fellow goat farmers. This book is easily read as a whole, or skip to the chapter you need. When faced with a question, pull it up and find the answer. Well done!
Jeffrey
Apr 02, 2012 Jeffrey rated it liked it
Very in depth book on all aspects of raising goats. I sure learned alot about goats that I didn't know.
Andy
Jul 19, 2016 Andy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Lots of really good information, will definitely come back to this. I liked that the book also included plans to build various feeders, beds, etc.
Sharon
Sharon rated it it was ok
Apr 21, 2014
Wendy
Wendy rated it really liked it
Dec 26, 2014
Naomi Tuttle
Naomi Tuttle rated it really liked it
Apr 14, 2015
Liz
Liz rated it liked it
Jun 24, 2014
Sherril
Sherril rated it liked it
Mar 22, 2015
Leah
Leah rated it it was amazing
Dec 14, 2014
Melvin Hamalambo
Melvin Hamalambo rated it it was amazing
Jun 14, 2014
Fauna McConnell
Fauna McConnell rated it it was amazing
May 10, 2015
Calladus
Calladus rated it liked it
Feb 01, 2016
Grace
Grace rated it it was ok
Nov 27, 2014
Summer
Summer rated it liked it
Mar 31, 2011
Jill Anway
Jill Anway rated it it was amazing
Sep 17, 2016
glen kyutoku
glen kyutoku rated it it was amazing
Aug 18, 2015
Carole Christian
Carole Christian rated it really liked it
Jul 11, 2014
Daphne Chambers
Daphne Chambers rated it it was amazing
Feb 20, 2016
Dallas
Dallas rated it really liked it
Dec 30, 2014
Brandi
Brandi rated it really liked it
Jan 25, 2016
Pam D
Pam D rated it really liked it
Jun 13, 2012
Molly
Molly rated it liked it
Aug 31, 2013
Celines
Celines rated it really liked it
Jul 21, 2014
Griffin Connors
Griffin Connors rated it it was amazing
Dec 18, 2014