Start by marking “Push Button” as Want to Read:
Push Button

Push Button

Will be shipped from US. Brand new copy.
Library Binding, 40 pages
Published April 27th 2010 by Greenwillow Books

To ask other readers questions about Push Button, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Push Button

Caroline Shields
Title: Push Button
Author: Aliki
Illustrator: Aliki
Genre: Predictable Book,
Theme(s): Button, Onomatopoeia, Rhyming
Opening line/sentence:
I know a little boy, a push-button boy.
Brief Book Summary:
The “push-button boy” pushes multiple buttons that make the objects come to life with sounds displayed colorfully on the page. It’s a busy and fun book that’s predictable in nature by the child knowing that something is going to happen once a new button is pushed. The rhyming throughout adds a pleasing
Juana
Feb 13, 2017 Juana rated it liked it
Natalie
Jun 09, 2010 Natalie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I dig it's "moral" to encourage gadget obsessed lil youngins to look for some other forms of entertainment! There's plenty out there besides tevee, and cellphones, and video games you little robots. Go paint or dig or read a book!

I should admit that I'm sort of a Luddite. Sort of, I'm obviously using the computer to log the books I read.
I really enjoyed this until towards the end when he has pushed too many buttons and his finger hurts and then he tries a lot of other things. I think it took a simple book about noises and buttons and fun and made it a bit too complicated. Maybe if I read it for toddlers I'd not read the end, just do the fun sounds and pushing of buttons!
Allison Parker
Dec 18, 2010 Allison Parker rated it liked it
A fun, rhythmic tale of a boy who loves pushes buttons. This book could have easily stopped after the fun rhymes detailing the different things that happen when you push buttons, but Aliki adds depth to the story when the character hurts his finger and discovers other actions that are just as fun as button-pushing. Aliki's characteristic bright illustrations are fun and perfect for storytime.
Lindsey
Push button boy does all kinds of exploring with pushing different buttons in this book. After he has pushed so many things, his finger starts to hurt. Then he reads a book and learns about a bunch of other activities he can do besides push. This book has a ton of sound words, and it rhymes. It would be perfect for grades K-1. I personally think that the pages are a little too busy.
Jen
Oct 08, 2012 Jen rated it really liked it
Shelves: pb
This book rhymes and has brightly colored pictures, but something is slightly off. Some of the pages felt crowded to me. I could understand while children would relate to the main character. Short enough for a readaloud.
Korinne Sackela
Aug 28, 2013 Korinne Sackela rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book, it is really interactive in that kids of a young age can relate to the child and all the noises he's making. It also shows that there is more than one thing a kid can do and how he or she has potential. It is definitely a book I will keep in mind for my teaching career.
Corrie M.
Dec 18, 2011 Corrie M. rated it really liked it
Shelves: silas
Perhaps not the smoothest of rhyming books, but Silas doesn't care. If he could jump into this book he would - so many beeps, lights, and buttons to admire! Extra credit for the homage to Ashley Bryan's illustrated version of What a Wonderful World at the end.
Kate
Feb 22, 2016 Kate rated it it was amazing
Shelves: picture-books
I love this book and so does my baby. Lots of fun onomatopoeia, good rhyming, bright pictures, and a great message about having fun with reading (in addition to pushing buttons). The only thing that would be better is if there were a "push button girl" too.
Kate Hastings
May 09, 2010 Kate Hastings rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Ages 2-5 machines robots thingsthatgo
This would be a cute book to read with a storytime about building things or robots or things that go. Toddlers can participate in the book by making noises and actions. Parents will enjoy the familiar situations! Ages 2-5.
Leah
Sep 13, 2012 Leah rated it really liked it
A fun tale about a boy who loves to push buttons. This shows how technology is becoming a big part of the world. By starting off at a young age and teaching them how to work things will defianitly give them the upper hand. Cute pictures.
Donalyn
A small boy who bruises his thumb pushing buttons discovers he can do other things besides push buttons.
Molly
Aug 18, 2010 Molly rated it liked it
Shelves: picture-books
For Baby Storytime. I think the kids will enjoy pushing their noses and making their tongues stick out...not so sure about the parents!
Gwen the Librarian
May 10, 2010 Gwen the Librarian rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: picturebooks
This picture book perfectly shows the fun that little ones have pushing buttons - and the vocabulary and onomatopoeia will engage little ones in the story. So cute! This is a winner.
Melanie
Apr 16, 2014 Melanie rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. It reminds me so much of my sons. I am so glad that each of them has also found that there are things that they enjoy along with pushing buttons. Very fun book.
Elizabeth B
Elizabeth B rated it it was amazing
Dec 02, 2011
Brenna Call
Brenna Call rated it it was ok
May 23, 2011
melanie (lit*chick)
melanie (lit*chick) rated it really liked it
Sep 04, 2010
Jael
Jael rated it liked it
Jan 06, 2014
Monique Welch
Monique Welch rated it it was amazing
Sep 06, 2014
Andy
Andy rated it really liked it
Aug 06, 2010
Alina
Alina rated it really liked it
Oct 06, 2014
Betty  Milicevic
Betty Milicevic rated it really liked it
Feb 03, 2016
Helena
Helena rated it it was amazing
Mar 28, 2015
Benjamin
Benjamin rated it liked it
Mar 29, 2013
Stephanie
Stephanie rated it really liked it
Feb 16, 2014
Mary E
Mary E rated it liked it
Oct 07, 2013
Susan
Susan rated it really liked it
Jan 21, 2011
Anna Long
Anna Long rated it it was ok
Jan 21, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Aliki has written and illustrated many books, both fiction and nonfiction, loved by readers throughout the world. The books were inspired by a word, an experience, or the desire to find out. Aliki lives in London, England.
More about Aliki...