Start by marking “Casual Day Has Gone Too Far” as Want to Read:
Casual Day Has Gone Too Far

Casual Day Has Gone Too Far (Dilbert #9)

4.06  ·  Rating Details  ·  1,154 Ratings  ·  20 Reviews
Casual days are more than confusing for Dilbert and office workers in the '90s. "Studies have shown that Fridays are the only safe day to dress casually," Dogbert declares. "Any other day would cause a stock plunge." Casual Day Has Gone Too Far captures the issues that confront cubicle dwellers everywhere and is sure to continue the Dilbert-mania of worker bees and manager ...more
Published March 1st 1997 by Andrews McMeel Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Casual Day Has Gone Too Far, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Casual Day Has Gone Too Far

Vaishali Joglekar
About 8% recycling of older cartoons, but still funny :)
John
Apr 19, 2015 John rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
gotta love Dilbert
Jdetrick
Jun 27, 2015 Jdetrick rated it really liked it
This comic strip has certainly improved as the series progresses. New characters have been added to the cast and personalities for all of the characters seem to have solidified. I think more of the jokes are landing as well.
Timothy Boyd
Jan 23, 2016 Timothy Boyd rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
We all might have started out like Calvin with a great view of life. But after hitting the workforce we all somewhat become Dilbert. Everyone knows someone like one of the characters in the strips. Highly recommended
Stephen Hines
May 20, 2014 Stephen Hines rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Mr. Adams' books should be require reading for anyone going into (or currently in) management/administration. Maybe his comic strips could save us working stiffs some insanity.
Erik
Jun 11, 2015 Erik rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Above average selection of strips - plenty of management and catbert stuff, which is my favorite. Also plenty of dogbert going around.
Tim Williams
Dec 09, 2014 Tim Williams rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I always laugh...
Mike McVey
May 09, 2013 Mike McVey rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction
One of my favorite comic strips. A funny side note: in this particular book there is a 3 day run on a few procurement jokes. My boss had been in procurement before transferring to his current position. I copied the comics and he thoroughly enjoyed it and is now planning to send them to his former procurement colleagues. I love Dilbert.
Jonathan Katz
Jun 28, 2007 Jonathan Katz rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
First Dilbert book I bought. Loved it. One of my all-time favorite strips is in this one, I believe it is on Page. 101. I thought it was hysterical when I first read it.

Yes, this shows my nerdish side. Yes, I know it exists. But Dogbert is still one of my idols.
Ari
Feb 03, 2009 Ari rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: humor
I have always been a fan. Adams is a genius. He has the unique ability to see a business situation and see how crazy and messed up it is. Now that I work in an office, these books have become my bible. Every word is true.
JD
Dec 04, 2008 JD rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comic
I heart Dilbert. It's been a while since I've read this, or others, but along with Get Fuzzy, Dilbert is among my favorite comic strips out there in the post-Far Side, post-Calvin and Hobbes world that we live in.
Djll
Apr 28, 2010 Djll rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comix
Great writing of a time and place that is already mostly gone. The artwork? Too simple, but there are lots of nice touches (such as when Dogbert is in an especially naughty mood, wagging his tiny tail).
Allegra Green
Jul 25, 2014 Allegra Green rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2010
I love Dilbert and I was sad that I didn't enjoy this collection. It was very repetitive. There were a couple really good ones though - the journalism major one made my day!
Paulia
Didn't laugh as much as with the other books and only a few comics dealt with the title of the book. Overall I give it a 2 star rating for 'o.k '.
Alahu
Dec 14, 2012 Alahu rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
(view spoiler)
Kyrie
May 06, 2011 Kyrie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: humor, comic
I don't know if anyone would have noticed me in a bathrobe or a superhero costume, but I worked at an ad agency. It's still funny.
Doc Opp
Jun 01, 2008 Doc Opp rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
While I'm on a Dilbert kick - I've owned this book for about a decade now - never fails to provide a laugh if I really need one...
heidi
Sep 08, 2012 heidi rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Dilbert fans, engineers (lol)
Hilarious. Adams doesn't disappoint, as usual. Good way to perk me up on a weekend night :)
Jessica
Mar 22, 2013 Jessica rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: humorous, cartoon, dilbert
One of Adams' best collections.
Marts  (Thinker)
Just love Dilbert comics!!
Laura rated it it was amazing
May 27, 2016
Dan
Dan rated it really liked it
May 26, 2016
Laura Lubak
Laura Lubak marked it as to-read
May 13, 2016
Andrew Peters
Andrew Peters marked it as to-read
May 12, 2016
Valentin Eni
Valentin Eni marked it as to-read
May 02, 2016
Elelwani
Elelwani marked it as to-read
Apr 30, 2016
Paul
Paul rated it it was amazing
Apr 25, 2016
Harley
Harley rated it it was amazing
Apr 24, 2016
Sarah marked it as to-read
Apr 24, 2016
  • The Get Fuzzy Experience: Are You Bucksperienced
  • Wildly FoxTrot
  • One Last Little Peek, 1980-1995: The Final Strips, the Special Hits, the Inside Tips
  • Hound of The Far Side
  • This Little Piggy Stayed Home: A Pearls Before Swine Collection

Adams was born in Windham, New York in 1957 and received his Bachelor's degree in Economics from Hartwick College in 1979.

He also studied economics and management for his 1986 MBA from the Haas School of Business at the University of California, Berkeley.

In recent years, Ada
More about Scott Adams...

Dilbert (1 - 10 of 42 books)
  • Always Postpone Meetings with Time-Wasting Morons
  • Build a Better Life by Stealing Office Supplies: Dogbert's Big Book of Business
  • Dogbert's Clues for the Clueless
  • Shave the Whales
  • Bring Me the Head of Willy the Mailboy!
  • It's Obvious You Won't Survive by Your Wits Alone
  • Still Pumped from Using the Mouse
  • Fugitive from the Cubicle Police
  • Seven Years of Highly Defective People: Scott Adams' Guided Tour of the Evolution of Dilbert
  • I'm Not Anti-Business, I'm Anti-Idiot