Start by marking “Casual Day Has Gone Too Far” as Want to Read:
Casual Day Has Gone Too Far

Casual Day Has Gone Too Far (Dilbert #9)

4.03 of 5 stars 4.03  ·  rating details  ·  979 ratings  ·  15 reviews
Casual days are more than confusing for Dilbert and office workers in the '90s. "Studies have shown that Fridays are the only safe day to dress casually," Dogbert declares. "Any other day would cause a stock plunge." Casual Day Has Gone Too Far captures the issues that confront cubicle dwellers everywhere and is sure to continue the Dilbert-mania of worker bees and manager ...more
Published March 1st 1997 by Andrews McMeel Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Casual Day Has Gone Too Far, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Casual Day Has Gone Too Far

Stephen Hines
Mr. Adams' books should be require reading for anyone going into (or currently in) management/administration. Maybe his comic strips could save us working stiffs some insanity.
Mike McVey
One of my favorite comic strips. A funny side note: in this particular book there is a 3 day run on a few procurement jokes. My boss had been in procurement before transferring to his current position. I copied the comics and he thoroughly enjoyed it and is now planning to send them to his former procurement colleagues. I love Dilbert.
Jonathan Katz
First Dilbert book I bought. Loved it. One of my all-time favorite strips is in this one, I believe it is on Page. 101. I thought it was hysterical when I first read it.

Yes, this shows my nerdish side. Yes, I know it exists. But Dogbert is still one of my idols.
Ari
I have always been a fan. Adams is a genius. He has the unique ability to see a business situation and see how crazy and messed up it is. Now that I work in an office, these books have become my bible. Every word is true.
JD
I heart Dilbert. It's been a while since I've read this, or others, but along with Get Fuzzy, Dilbert is among my favorite comic strips out there in the post-Far Side, post-Calvin and Hobbes world that we live in.
Djll
Great writing of a time and place that is already mostly gone. The artwork? Too simple, but there are lots of nice touches (such as when Dogbert is in an especially naughty mood, wagging his tiny tail).
Allegra Hailey Green
I love Dilbert and I was sad that I didn't enjoy this collection. It was very repetitive. There were a couple really good ones though - the journalism major one made my day!
Paulia
Didn't laugh as much as with the other books and only a few comics dealt with the title of the book. Overall I give it a 2 star rating for 'o.k '.
Alahu
(view spoiler)
Kyrie
I don't know if anyone would have noticed me in a bathrobe or a superhero costume, but I worked at an ad agency. It's still funny.
Doc Opp
While I'm on a Dilbert kick - I've owned this book for about a decade now - never fails to provide a laugh if I really need one...
heidi
Sep 08, 2012 heidi rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Dilbert fans, engineers (lol)
Hilarious. Adams doesn't disappoint, as usual. Good way to perk me up on a weekend night :)
Jessica
One of Adams' best collections.
Jennifer Priester
Jennifer Priester marked it as to-read
Dec 04, 2014
Scott
Scott added it
Dec 24, 2014
  • One Last Little Peek, 1980-1995: The Final Strips, the Special Hits, the Inside Tips
  • Wildly FoxTrot
  • The Get Fuzzy Experience: Are You Bucksperienced
  • Night of the Crash-Test Dummies
  • This Little Piggy Stayed Home: A Pearls Before Swine Collection

Adams was born in Windham, New York in 1957 and received his Bachelor's degree in Economics from Hartwick College in 1979.

He also studied economics and management for his 1986 MBA from the Haas School of Business at the University of California, Berkeley.

In recent years, Ada
More about Scott Adams...
Fugitive from the Cubicle Police The Dilbert Principle : A Cubicle's-Eye View of Bosses, Meetings, Management Fads & Other Workplace Afflictions God's Debris : A Thought Experiment How to Fail at Almost Everything and Still Win Big : Kind of the Story of My Life Always Postpone Meetings with Time-Wasting Morons