Start by marking “Wolf Fever (Heart of the Wolf Series, # 6)” as Want to Read:
Wolf Fever (Heart of the Wolf Series, # 6)

Wolf Fever (Heart of the Wolf #6)

4.12 of 5 stars 4.12  ·  rating details  ·  1,193 ratings  ·  64 reviews

Fate turned nurse Carol Woods into a wolf, but she refuses to let being a lupus garou define her life. Ordered by her pack leader to find a mate and commit to shifting, there is only one gray wolf that catches Carol's interest; but Chaz McKinley makes it very clear that unless she's willing to accept what she is, he wants nothing to do with her. When a virus outbreak leave

Published December 1st 2010 by Sourcebooks Casablanca (first published November 22nd 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Wolf Fever, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wolf Fever

Dec 06, 2010 Jacqueline rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: werewolf lovers
This was a fairly good book. I generally like this series. I did miss one and it seems to have been the one that involved most of the characters in this one. Still it wasn't too difficult to follow along.

Why wasn't this one rated higher? I think mostly because the wolf fever situation didn't seem as dire as it should have. It wasn't until more than half way through the book that the first wolf got stuck in wolf form. We knew it was going to happen since the heroine had visions about it. So we we
Nurse Carol Wood thought she had enough on her hands trying to cope with her psychic ability. Little did she know things were about to get a lot crazier.

In a twist of fate, Carol is bitten by a lupus garous. Now she must also come to terms with the fact that she’s a werewolf.

Because of her premonitions, Carol fights the urge to transform into a werewolf. In her visions she’s seen where the werewolves aren’t able to shift back to their human form.

Darien Silver, pack leader of the red werewolves i
4.75stars actually

Another visit to Silver Town puts new wolf nurse Carol Woods front and center as she evades the eager bachelor population of grays and defends her psychic abilities. Much to the chagrin of (Chester) Ryan McKinley of Green Valley gray wolf pack. Red wolf North believes Carol should be his since his cousin turned her and he's concocted a nefarious plot that would both get revenge on Silver Town grays and have Carol falling in his arm as his mate. Carol meanwhile is still fighting
Wolf Fever by Terry Spear
Paranormal Romance –Dec. 7th, 2010
4 stars
Wolf Fever is the latest in Terry Spear's werewolf series. I really enjoy this series because the author has a down to earth writing style that makes her characters feel very real and believable. I found the heroine fiery and fun to read and the hero stubborn and sexy.

Carol's history has been troubled. When she was a child she had a freak accident and now she sometimes sees glimpses of the future. Although she has been ostraci
Lover of Romance
Carol's life changed when she was bitten, and her world changed forever. Now she feels like a prisoner, even though its only for her protection. Carol has been fighting the change for months, something no other wolf has done, due to her pysic abilities. But then she see's a dark stranger in her future, and her blood boils at the sight of him, Ryan McKinley, a Grey pack leader. Ryan, pack leader, has come to Carol for more than one reason, ever since he first laid his eyes on her, she fascinated ...more
Jan 03, 2011 Jo rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: 2010
Reviewed for Book Chick City

Terry Spear has been on my ‘to-read’ list for a while, and I’m not ashamed to admit the half-naked men accompanied by a wolf on the covers swayed it for me. Even though it was slightly superficial to want to read a book based on the abs of a faceless man, I was quickly invested in the story and it’s the writing and the characters that kept me interested.

Carol, a newly turned Werewolf also has the unwanted ability of premonitions. Her recent visions show Werewolves bei
Mary (BookHounds)
Part of my fascination with this Terry Spear's wolf series is that she gets the technical parts down so that the story is incredible believable. You understand the transformation and the need for a pack. She does a wonderful job uniting the human condition with the animal instincts. I have really enjoyed the series so far, but this one wasn't my absolute favorite. That usually falls to the first in the series since there is always something special about your first time.

Carol is a newly minted w
Carol Woods is a newly changed wolf with psychic abilities. Ryan McKinley an Alpha from another pack... finds Carol intriguing and is very much attracted to her. He doesn't really believe that she has learned about the lupus garou through a vision and he's out to prove it no matter how tantalizing he finds her.

Wolf Fever is action-packed and sizzling hot. It's no surprise that I loved this book. Terry Spear writes great alpha males. They are really hard to resist, and they keep you turning to th
Book #6 in series is one that feels more in tune with the type of werewolf stories I am used to from other series that have read. There is a lot of interaction between the main characters that truly make the reader sympathize with what they are dealing with, both in human and in wolf form.

I thought the romance plot felt very agreeable as Carol did fit with Ryan the best and the tension caused by the viral outbreak truly brought home just how vulnerable the pack members were to outside manipulati
Kat (idangerous)
Taz Will
Good read, a bit different then the others so it didn't seem like a repeat except for the sex scenes. Ryan came back to town wanting to question Carol about her abilities, that's what he claimed. In the process the two found that they really liked one another. The reds came back bringing all kinds of problems with them. Once they found the source of the problem they were still stuck with finding out how to fix what had happened. The ending brought to mind how many people pass on STD's that they ...more
This is book 6 in the series and the 1st book I read my TP. She has an easy and comfortable writing style which I enjoyed. The story held my attention all the way. Great societ. I am intrigued. Can't wait to read this series from book 1.

Who wants sleep when they're in the middle of reading a story by Ms. Spear? Her writing is pure entertainment. (The Long and Short of It Reviews 20101119)

Spear uses great character development, hot passion, facets of many different controversies, and a mysterious twist to keep her readers entertained. (Coffee Time Romance 20101129)

A riveting and entertaining novel, WOLF FEVER is a lot of fun and makes one want to devour all of the rest of Terry Spear's books. (Fresh Fiction 20101130)

Kristi (Books and Needlepoint)
My Synopsis: Carol is a recently turned lupus garou - who has another ability. She has visions of the future - usually signifying trouble. These visions have enabled her to keep from shifting for five months. She is troubled because one of her visions has shown her members of her new wolf family as wolves - unable to shift back. She is afraid that if she shifts, she will not be able to shift back again.

Since she is newly turned and unmated AND has not shifted - Darien, the pack leader - has mov
Kathleen Kelly
Wolf River is a paranormal story about werewolves good and bad. Carol Woods is a nurse who was turned 6 months prior and is not quite ready to come to terms with her being a werewolf. She has not let herself change into a werewolf but knows that she will have to eventually. She is currently staying with her red wolf pack leader who wants her to pick a mate. There is no one that she is willing to mate with until she meets Ryan Mckinley again. All Ryan wants to do is talk to Carol about her vision ...more
Amy Jacobs
What more can I say about this author and her books? I love this series so much! With each book, the author brings new life to a commonly used theme of werewolves.

Carol is a newly changed werewolf who just happens to have psychic abilities. She used this ability to fight off the change of becoming a wolf. Carol hires Ryan to be her bodyguard since she was almost kidnapped. This sets up the scenes of future romance that sizzles!

I loved Ryan! I desperately wanted Ryan and Carol to have a happily
Sandy M
I will never get enough of Terry Spear’s werewolf series. As long as she keeps giving me alpha heroes with strong and stubborn heroines who stand up to them and an interesting and fast-paced storyline, you can bet I’ll keep reading.

The storyline in Wolf Fever is actually the best of the series so far. Not only is there mystery and danger for Silver Town’s wolves, we get a little bit of humor in this book, along with, of course, some steamy sexual tension.

I like the fact that our hero, Ryan, has
Jun 23, 2013 Suzan rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Paranormal romance and Werewolf fans
I really enjoyed this book and have really gotten into the series. I'll admit a little disappointment when Carol wasn't gonna end up with Jake or Tom at first cause I'd love to see them find their mates and I kinda want one book where the hero can just be an alpha wolf without having to lead a pack! Saying that though I was soon team Ryan, especially as it was shown that Tom (the old romantic!) was waiting for his dream mate, believing that what happened to Darien would happen to him too, that h ...more
Review courtesy of All Thngs Urban Fantasy.

As if living with precognitive abilities in an unbelieving world wasn't hard enough, Carol Woods now has to adapt to being a newly-turned werewolf. Even worse, her new pack doesn't trust her ability to stay in control (and stay hidden), so Carol must choose a mate or remain under the pack-leaders’ supervision. Females are rare, and she quickly goes from feeling like a wallflower to having all the attention she can handle.

As an adult turned werewolf, Ca
This was an amazing book with a character that I actually really wanted to learn more about.

Poor Carol has been put through the wringer the last couple of months, not only does Carol have visions of future events she's also having difficulty accepting what she's become. With all of her problems I feel for her as the Alpha Darien is slowly trying to encourage her to take a mate and then with her visions of what's to come.

I also liked Ryan when he was involved previously in one of the other books.
Jen (That's What I'm Talking About)
This is the sixth book in Ms. Spear’s Heart of the Wolf series, and my first look at this wonderful world. Although I did not read any of the previous books, I found the story easy to jump into - never feeling lost or that I had missed out from skipping the earlier books. Although I may have gotten a deeper understanding of the pack life and rules from the previous books, Ms. Spear did a great job bringing me up to speed and I was able to enjoy.

Carol is a delightful heroine. She is a strong woma
Patti TheLoveJunkee
Carol Woods sees the future - and she's a werewolf. She's not a natural born werewolf - she was attacked 5 months ago and turned. Since then, she's been fighting the change (successfully so far) and Darien, her pack leader, is concerned. She's fighting the change because she's been having visions of some of the men in her pack shifting into wolves and not being able to shift back. In addition to trying to convince her to shift, Darien is also trying to convince her to take a mate, as females are ...more
Mini Review

I really didn't have to many expectations going into this installment because I really wasn't that interested in reading about the two main characters of this book. I was quite surprise that I enjoyed this book as much as I did. I fell for Ryan, of course, and thought he was a fantastic alpha male. Carol was also a pretty good alpha female :) I really liked how this installment in the heart of the wolf series brought new elements. With Carol's psychic gifts, a lot of things happened d
"Wolf Fever" by Terry Spear. Book 6 in the Heart of the Wolf series.

Loved this book!

Carol, a newly turned werewolf, is struggling with her new identity. She refuses to shape-shift into a wolf. And to top it all off, she has visions of the future and no one is believing her; most especially Ryon. So when she has a vision of her pack leader, Darien, not being able to shift back to human, she is terrified that it will happen to her.

Ryon is the pack leader of a different pack from Carol's. He's also
Violet the Vanisher
Yes I finally finished this book yes I know it toke long for me to read this but I did finish it and it was wroth the long wait I didn't want this book to end. It wasn't as inmate as the other but there was still some love making but not much thank god lol but it did make me blush and I had to skip a few sensces but all in all I love that we got to see what happened to carol and want happened when she was turned and the best mystery and I truly love it :) I love that we always get to see new fac ...more
Donna Campbell
To be fair I feel that I am in a funk but even though storyline was OK--just didn't feel that it was descriptive enough-- or maybe there is a book in between that I should have read because I didn't really feel much involvement with the characters--I could have cared less what happened to them...Since I guess I don't have to really worry about it (being werewolves and psychics) no problemo
Tte Fver is On!

Ryan McKinley, a P.I. pack leader had met Carol Woods, the nurse, before. In this book suspense reigns and time could be running out for all. Intense passion also ignites the pages. Can they together solve everything? Such a great book.
I really enjoyed Carol's story. I like the aspect of her being somewhat psychic mixed in with being a newly turned werewolf. I also liked two alphas from separate packs working together to solve an issue. And it was interesting to see the two main characters avoid what everyone else could see. I look forward to reading more from the series and seeing if other past characters come back into play.
I tried on numerous occasions to finish this book. It was just one of those that never pulled me into the storyline. Sorry. Not one I would recommend at all. Not to mention it is incredibly over-priced at its current $6.15 price.
  • The Taming of the Wolf (Westfield Wolves, #4)
  • Wild Highland Magic (The MacInnes Werewolves Trilogy, #3)
  • Wolf's Valentine (Westervelt Wolves, #3.5)
  • Enemy Lover (Draicon Werewolves, #3)
  • Wolf Line (Granite Lake Wolves, #5)
  • The Werewolf Upstairs (Strange Neighbors, #2)
  • Untouched (The Amoveo Legend, #2)
  • Standoff (Cascadia Wolves, #5)
  • The Wolf Within (Alpine Woods Shifters, #3)
  • Marked by the Moon (Nightcreature, #9)
Love, love, love romance, the paranormal, hunky Highlanders with their delicious brogue and hot kilts, so Terry Spear writes about those hunky Highlanders both in medieval times and as wolves in contemporary times. Jaguar shifters too! And young adult urban fantasy. And romantic suspense.

She grew up reading mystery, adventure, mythologies from around the world, ghost stories, the paranormal, fell
More about Terry Spear...

Heart of the Wolf (1 - 10 of 19 books)
  • Heart of the Wolf (Heart of the Wolf, #1)
  • Destiny of the Wolf (Heart of the Wolf, #2)
  • To Tempt the Wolf (Heart of the Wolf, #3)
  • Legend of the White Wolf (Heart of the Wolf, #4)
  • Seduced by the Wolf (Heart of the Wolf, #5)
  • Heart of the Highland Wolf (Heart of the Wolf, #7)
  • Dreaming of the Wolf (Heart of the Wolf, #8)
  • A SEAL in Wolf's Clothing (Heart of the Wolf, #9)
  • A Howl for a Highlander (Heart of the Wolf, #10)
  • A Highland Werewolf Wedding (Heart of the Wolf, #11)
Heart of the Wolf (Heart of the Wolf, #1) Destiny of the Wolf (Heart of the Wolf, #2) Seduced by the Wolf (Heart of the Wolf, #5) To Tempt the Wolf (Heart of the Wolf, #3) Legend of the White Wolf (Heart of the Wolf, #4)