Elliot and the Goblin War (Underworld Chronicles #1)
As of today, there are only 7 CHILDREN who have ever read this book and lived to tell about it. 95 CHILDREN successfully read the first chapter, but upon beginning chapter 2, they started BLABBERING in some language known only as "flibberish." 38 CHILDREN made it halfway through this wretched book before they began SUCKING THEIR THUMBS THROUGH THEIR NOSES.
The Brownies and the goblins have been at war for a VERY long time. And it's not just any war, if the brownies lose - they are eaten like the tasty treats they sound like. When the old ruler dies, someone must step in and fill in to lead the brownies to victory. Here comes Elliot. Savior of the day!
This book was a cute...more
Elliott discovers, h...more
Elliot soon finds himself the rule...more
A cute book--probably a 3.5 stars for me. The a...more
The story was interesting, but what really makes this book is the author's playful voice. She has a great wit and the humor com...more
- The Illustrations were great! I loved how they appeared before the part of the story that was illustrated.
- I like the passages where the author speaks directly to the reader. It adds back story, explanation, and it made me laugh.
- I want chocolate cake now, with a big glass of milk!
- This book was pretty cute, and I think a lot young readers would enjoy it, especially boys.
- Since I finished the book, I'm a little disappointed that I don't sp...more
I really believe without the hundreds of side comments to the writer it would have been okay. I don't know how many times I read "Now Dear Reader" but it was enough to make me scream when I saw it.
Other than that small problem it was a nice plot, good...more
I want to give this book 3.5 stars. At points I wondered if my sense of humor was broken. I put it down for a few weeks and enjoyed the last part far more than I did the first part. The humor is very tongue-in-cheek and I can definitely see some elementary kids liking it. It's a fun concept - young boy turned Brownie king helping to stop the Goblin War that he inadvertently helped to start. Elliot is a character that kids will be able to relate to and like.