Start by marking “Knitted Wild Animals: 15 Adorable, Easy-to-Knit Toys” as Want to Read:
Knitted Wild Animals: 15 Adorable, Easy-to-Knit Toys

Knitted Wild Animals: 15 Adorable, Easy-to-Knit Toys

Soft, cuddly, and totally wild!

Stuffed toys are great projects for beginners, but when you’ve grown bored with dolls and bears what do you knit next? How about a tiger, a warthog, or a moose? KNITTED WILD ANIMALS has a menagerie of soft, squeezable wild animal designs to inspire your knitting wild side. All of the toys feature an irresistibly pear-shaped body, realistic c
Published October 12th 2010 by Potter Craft (first published November 1st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Knitted Wild Animals, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Knitted Wild Animals

Kristina
Oct 10, 2011 Kristina rated it it was ok
I'm making the hippo and so far the instructions are clear and the knitting is simple. However, I really dislike sewing seams and all of the pieces are knit flat and then stitched together. The knitting is simple since it's all flat, but I'd rather go through the trouble to knit in the round and then have minimal seaming to do. If you'd rather knit flat and stitch seams, you'll love these patterns. Also, many of the animals seem to be based on the same shapes, so most of them would probably be e ...more
Panda Incognito
Dec 02, 2015 Panda Incognito rated it really liked it
This book is incredibly cute. I'm not a knitter, but it caught my eye at the library today and I enjoyed looking through the designs. The animals are adorable, the book has great photographs, and each wild animal page includes some fun facts about the species. IfI ever do learn to knit, I'll come back to this.
Judy
Oct 10, 2012 Judy rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
These animals are adorable. I have not made one yet, but it is high on my to do list. The author is from England and so far as I can tell the directions and needle sizes are listed for America as opposed to British, The yarn used is worsted 3 and needle size 3. I did find some yarn but it was hard to find bold colors in that weight.
Katherine
Nov 24, 2013 Katherine rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Beginner knitters
Recommended to Katherine by: My nanna
My nanna bought me this as she and my mum taught me to knit some time ago and I was looking for some projects to make for friends. The instructions are really easy to follow and you can make fun cuddly toys within days. It's a bit too easy for my knitting skills now but I still use it as there are some lovely ideas for presents.
Annette McIntyre
A lovely range of animals to knit.
Kristal
Jan 27, 2014 Kristal rated it liked it
Shelves: crafts
Why aren't the patterns done in the round? If they were I'd give this book a perfect score cause the animals are soo cute!
Marie
Jul 15, 2011 Marie rated it it was amazing
Shelves: knitting
Very, very cute patterns for knitted stuffed animals. The alligator has a very wicked yet cute face!
Tina
Feb 22, 2013 Tina rated it really liked it
These animals are super adorable and the instructions seem very user friendly. If I didn't have so many projects to finish I'd start one right away.
Easy to follow instructions but be wary each animal has a lot of pieces that need to be connected together.
Jenny
Aug 01, 2013 Jenny rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Adorable knit toys. Easy-to-read instructions and simple to assemble. Make a very nice finished size.
Jenn
May 15, 2013 Jenn rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: knitting
Nice pictures that make you want to run out and buy yarn.
Patterns look simple enough. I am looking forward to starting these projects.
Katherine
Jun 07, 2012 Katherine rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very nice patterns and ideas. I can't wait to begin knitting some for my grandchildren and for new baby gifts.
Kerry Barker
Kerry Barker rated it it was amazing
Dec 18, 2016
Mimi
Mimi rated it it was amazing
Jan 12, 2012
Steph.
Steph. rated it really liked it
Nov 21, 2012
Ames
Ames rated it really liked it
Jan 06, 2011
Hope
Hope rated it really liked it
Nov 23, 2011
Carol
Carol rated it it was amazing
Jan 07, 2014
Elfriede Fieldman
Elfriede Fieldman rated it it was amazing
Oct 24, 2016
Kathy
Kathy rated it it was amazing
Jan 04, 2016
Denise R. Jackson-Holder
Denise R. Jackson-Holder rated it really liked it
Oct 02, 2014
Rebecca Greetan
Rebecca Greetan rated it it was amazing
Jan 07, 2017
Anastasia
Anastasia rated it liked it
Aug 25, 2015
Julie Kersten
Julie Kersten rated it it was amazing
May 14, 2014
SarahLouise
SarahLouise rated it liked it
Jul 05, 2015
Meikoningin
Meikoningin rated it it was amazing
Mar 15, 2013
Alison
Alison rated it really liked it
May 28, 2010
Amy Eileen
Amy Eileen rated it really liked it
May 28, 2014
Mrs E A Hillier
Mrs E A Hillier rated it it was amazing
Jan 02, 2016
Jacqueline Matuza
Jacqueline Matuza rated it really liked it
Dec 29, 2015