Start by marking “With His Ring (The Brides of Bath, #2)” as Want to Read:
With His Ring (The Brides of Bath, #2)

With His Ring (The Brides of Bath #2)

He Married For Money, Not For Love. Fortunately, His Wife Did Quite The Opposite...

Young and spirited Glee Pembroke had always been secretly in love with her brother's best friend, Gregory Blankenship. So when she learned that this dedicated bachelor must marry by his twenty-fifth birthday or lose his inheritance, she boldly proposed a marriage of convenience, while secret
Published April 1st 2002 by Zebra

To ask other readers questions about With His Ring, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about With His Ring

Eileen Dandashi
Jul 03, 2015 Eileen Dandashi rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Audiobook Review:

Glee Pembroke lived with two love matches right at her door. Diana and her brother, George, were so in love it made Glee jealous, and felt guilty she was jealous. Then there was Felicity, her sister, and Thomas. After enduring two Seasons and refusing eight and a half marriage proposals (one proposal she nipped in the bud before it reached George), she decided she was a spinster, at nineteen. Her goal was to have her own home, a small townhouse in town. But wise sister-in-law D
Julie Barrett
Jan 05, 2016 Julie Barrett rated it it was amazing
With His Ring: The Brides of Bath, Book 2 by Cheryl Bolen
Have listened to other works by the author and have enjoyed the reads. I rarely listen to books from other countries as the accent can be too hard for me to understand but this narrator is spot on.
This story starts in Hornsbee Manor, Warwickshire, England and Diana is confined with the new baby still and her sister is there, Glee is surrounded by married couples and is still unmarried after two seasons.
There had been eight proposals and s
Edwina " I LoveBooks" "Deb"
JUST SO SO!!

"With His Ring" was good, but no were close to being as good as "The Bride Wore Blue". It was similar in place. The villains character and the plot resemble each other. We meet Gregory Blanks as he is called and Glee Pembroke in bk 1 TBWB. I have read this type of HR story, many times by, many different authors, but With His Ring didn't really grab me, but it was an ok read. Glee has been in love with her brother George's best friend Gregory since she was a child. Glee has now grown
Xenia
May 20, 2012 Xenia rated it really liked it
Shelves: regency-romance
This is a good story although I thought Blanks took way too long to admit that he really loved his wife. I love it that the hero and the heroine started out as childhood friends. Glee is a riot and had me laughing out loud at her antics. At 19 she is hardly much older than a kid herself. This is the third book by Cheryl Bolen that I read in the past 2 weeks. I enjoyed them so much that I wrote about them on my blog.
Linda
Aug 07, 2011 Linda rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Didn't like it much. Her style of writing doesn't have the any fluidity or the maturity of the good authors (Kleypas, Julia Quinn etc). The secondary romance was just ridiculous. THe hero's sister & heroine's brother "fall in love" seeing each other - literally: they see each other riding in the park in the morning. This is w/o speaking to each or ANYTHING. How pathetic is that?
Karen
May 03, 2015 Karen rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Glee and Blanks are such a winsome couple!

I loved the continuation of this family. This time it's about Glee. We get the opportunity to see young, impetuous Glee snare the good looking Gregory Blankenship. She literally offers for him and persuades the Young Lord of her marriageability once she learns that Gregory's father had set him up to lose his inheritance to his younger brother if he didn't marry in a few short months. Glee has loved Blanks all of her life and is sure she can convince him
Pamela Shropshire
Dec 13, 2015 Pamela Shropshire rated it liked it
This is the second book of the Brides of Bath and is about the younger sister of George and Felicity Pembroke, now Moreland. Glee has been in love with George's friend, Gregory Blankenship, for as long as she can remember. But Blanks, as he is called, has no intention of ever marrying. His mother died in childbirth and his father remarried to a woman who was verbally abusive to Blanks. Thus, he is convinced that if he were to marry, he would be guilty of killing his wife if she became pregnant.

T
Libby Austin
Sep 29, 2015 Libby Austin rated it really liked it
I wasn't a big fan of Glee's in the first book of the series, but she grew on me through this story. She's very naive, appropriate for the women of her time, but she decides to get her man, and boy does she. Once Glee has Gregory as her husband, she's determined to make him happiest by giving him everything she thinks he wants. Mishaps ensue and through them love blossoms.

Gregory didn't want a wife, but since he's been stuck with one at least she'll let him do what makes him happy without crampi
Kathleen Ruggio
Apr 03, 2016 Kathleen Ruggio rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Blanks & Glee

When you read this book you realize how many relationships go astray as a result of fears based in childhood or ideas from others that a person values. Such is the case with Blanks and Glee. Blanks lost his mother in childbirth as a youth and carried that idea into his marriage where Glee whom he had grown to love was pushed away due to his beliefs from the earlier time in his life. Thankfully both did some serious thinking and realized what was causing Blanks to fear intimacy.
Josee
Jan 09, 2013 Josee rated it it was ok
It was free, so I downloaded it. There were typos, you could telegraph the plot a mile away, and the main character, Glee, wasn't even that likable. She trapped Blanks into a reluctant marriage (and he stupidly agreed) and I decided they were 2 of the shallowest people ever. She just hoped a guy would suddenly love her, and he took her offer so he could still have nice stuff. Ugh. I do not recommend.

Zena
Sep 16, 2016 Zena rated it it was amazing
Oh, what a merry dance she led him on! She entertained him, enticed him, enchanted him and exasperated him and he had the devil of a time not to take her and make love to her for though he had agreed to marry her to save his inheritance, it was to be a marriage of convenience only.
Such a beautiful story full of mischief and lots of hearty chuckles and I thoroughly enjoyed it. What a great sense of humour this author has.
Mainer207
Aug 09, 2015 Mainer207 rated it it was ok
Shelves: audiobook
This is a tough book to rate. First off, I didn't care for the narrator. I'm not sure if it was her inflections, or her pacing, or her voice in general but it was distracting. The story started out decently but Glee's "trick" rubbed me the wrong way and made me not like her. Actually, I didn't care for either of the main characters.

The story was okay but not one of my favorites.
Kate
Feb 07, 2014 Kate rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: on-kindle
Glee got her own book!! What a great character. I really enjoyed her story (antics!). Blanks took awhile to have his "ah-ha" moment but overall it was an enjoyable read. I really like that the characters were friends first; a little different than the usual "enemies forced to marry" or "strangers forced to marry" Regency plots.
Keri
Jan 26, 2016 Keri rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
With this Ring

Another book by Cheryl Bolen that I've enjoyed. The story of Glee and Gregory is one of the marriage of convenience stories that I enjoy. This is the second in this series that I've enjoyed and I'm looking forward to reading the third.
Rose Hefty
Sep 30, 2015 Rose Hefty rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
With This Ring a light hearted and humorous read

This second book of The Brides of Bath is a fun romantic read with humor that will leave you chuckling. I will be reading book three!
Isabel Mansfield
Light Reading
Tabetha Waite
Sep 07, 2015 Tabetha Waite rated it it was ok
I didn't really care for the writing style or dialogue of this book. Seemed rather choppy and boring at most times.
Donna
Jan 08, 2013 Donna rated it it was amazing
Great book. Can't wait to read the next book in this series. I loved the spunkiness of Glee.
Sandra
Apr 18, 2012 Sandra rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the second installment of the wonderful Brides of Bath series. (See my comments for The Bride Wore Blue, the first book in the series).
Dee Deacon Foster
Dee Deacon Foster rated it it was amazing
Jul 07, 2013
Frances Crimmins
Frances Crimmins rated it really liked it
Aug 13, 2016
Debi Chilson
Debi Chilson rated it it was amazing
Apr 23, 2015
Marty Tool
Marty Tool rated it really liked it
Jul 22, 2016
Sarah Stegall
Sarah Stegall rated it it was amazing
Jun 17, 2017
Catherine Bennett
Catherine Bennett rated it liked it
Apr 22, 2016
Lesley
Lesley rated it liked it
Dec 25, 2015
Vikki Vaught
Vikki Vaught rated it it was amazing
Jun 03, 2014
Carrie
Carrie rated it liked it
Apr 27, 2015
Raine2d
Raine2d rated it it was amazing
Jan 15, 2014
Kathryn Watts
Kathryn Watts rated it it was amazing
Nov 26, 2016
  • Mutual Consent
  • A Loyal Companion
  • The Substitute Bridegroom
  • Sold and Seduced
  • His Yankee Bride
  • Lady Folbroke's Delicious Deception (Ladies in Disgrace #1)
  • His Majesty, the Prince of Toads
  • Bartered Bride
  • My Lord Protector
  • A Gentleman and a Scoundrel (Regency Gentlemen, #1)
  • Vicar's Daughter to Viscount's Lady (Transformation of the Shelley Sisters, #2)
  • The Penniless Bride
  • The Earl's Untouched Bride
  • The Secret Christmas Ciphers
  • Once an Heiress (Once A..., #2)
  • The Accidental Countess (Once Upon An Accident, #1)
  • The Bedeviled Bride (Wetherby Brides, #4)

Since being named Notable New Author for 1997, Cheryl Bolen has published more than 35 books with Kensington/Zebra, Harlequin, Love Inspired Historical, Montlake, and independently. She has broken into the top 5 on the New York Times and hit the USA Today bestseller list. Her 2005 One Golden Ring won Best Historical, Holt Medallion, and her 2011 My Lord Wicked was awarded Best Historical in the In
More about Cheryl Bolen...

The Brides of Bath (6 books)
  • The Bride Wore Blue (The Brides of Bath, #1)
  • A Fallen Woman (The Brides of Bath #3)
  • To Take This Lord (Brides of Bath, #4)
  • Love In The Library (The Brides Of Bath, #5)
  • A Christmas in Bath ( Brides of Bath, #6)