Start by marking “Dark Lord Seeks Friendship, Maybe More” as Want to Read:
Dark Lord Seeks Friendship, Maybe More

Dark Lord Seeks Friendship, Maybe More

3.68  ·  Rating Details  ·  194 Ratings  ·  35 Reviews
Velenth is a Dark Lord, full of dirty tricks and dark intrigue. He's not exactly the kind of ruler his people might have wanted, but he's helped them out a lot, improving the economy and the sewer system. He's even creating a new fashion statement with his dark and dipped in black ways. So why is he so lonely. Velenth knows just what he needs, so he decides to put out a pe ...more
Nook, 132 pages
Published June 2nd 2007 by Torquere Press (first published 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Dark Lord Seeks Friendship, Maybe More, please sign up.

Kathryn
This answer contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Kathryn
This answer contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

LD  Durham
Feb 10, 2011 LD Durham rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Okay, this one is not pure craziness, but it sure is just as fun. We have our Dark and Evil Prince, Velenth, who really just wants a little regular nooky with a lovin’ feeling. His closest employees realize that their prince is, gasp, lonely. So, they begin a search for a likely candidate to be a dark lord’s companion.

And even when you are a dark and evil prince, dating still really sucks.

Every character in this book is just fantastic. Each one has a purpose and each of their voices is unique an
Elisa Rolle
All right, you want a lot of laughing with an acid tinge? So read this novel. All through my reading I have a visual image of this story play by the Monty Python! It's funny, it's irriverent and not politically correct: it's an absolute worthy reading.

In a fantasy kingdom, Velenth is the fair and handsome son of the king, while his twin Nalenth is the dark and hated one. So the king decides to seal Nalenth in a high tower. But when Velenth is sixteen years old, he kills his father, sends his mot
MandyM
Sep 12, 2011 MandyM rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m-romance
What a hidden gem of a story! The link doesn't work but I was able to find it at Diesel ebookstore as an Adobe version and read it on my laptop. It's worth it. Funny and quirky tale of a Dark Lord looking for love. The minor characters are also lovable and the the one who wins the Lord's heart is a little surprising but Oh So Right! This author seems to have stopped writing from what I can see which is disappointing but at least she has left behind this lovely tale.

Edit (12th Sept 2011): Seems t
Carvedwood
Mar 11, 2010 Carvedwood rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: glbt
For a book that’s supposed to be comedy, the laughs in this story come with a snap of sharp teeth. Elisa Viperas has a kind of evil genius for digging around for awkward, true-to-life situations for her characters, and holding up these less-than-shining moments to be slyly mocked. That’s why this book is so incredibly funny – because the situations are so instantly recognizable. Haven’t we all been enamored of ugly shoes at some point in our lives, and haven’t we all made at least one Huge Mista ...more
Fangtasia
Dec 09, 2011 Fangtasia rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Dark and hilariously funny, this book is tongue-in-cheek social and political commentary in a short package. The characters are uniquely suited to each other, the story seems to be a strange fairy tale, but once it all starts to make sense, it's genius.

The perfect read for some good belly laughs and a couple hours of light-hearted fun.
Edina Rose
Jun 12, 2011 Edina Rose rated it it was ok

This the story of a young blond-haired, blue-eyed charming sovereign, who killed his dad to take over the throne, sent his mum in a convent to shut her up, and put his twin brother in prison to avoid history repeating itself! He is called "the Dark lord" by his subjects because he can be very ruthless when it comes to politics and power. But in his personal life, he is exactly the opposite. First he does not understand the dating game. He is OK with meaningless sex, but he can't have an
kasjo_peja
For the first half of the book I laughed out loud constantly. Later on it became dark, messy and confusing, and I didn't like it at all. The end was rather sweet and funny again, with few surprising twists.

So it's not my perfect-5-stars book (rather 4.5), but I'll round it to 5.
Aristhyia
Oct 29, 2010 Aristhyia rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Bookgasm!!!

I love my friend to tears. She gave me this book, telling me it was 'brilliant and hilarious', and I didn't have to question it, like I do with other books. The title alone is enough to make you go "WAITWAT?!"

And good grief, did I have a TRUCKLOAD of laughs reading this. It's quite the epic book, if you like slightly a cracky and sarcastic style. Its characters were fit for the genre, and while not entirely -deep- per se, they weren't entirely shallow, either. I loved them. I loved th
James Haub
Oct 13, 2010 James Haub rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Lola
Jun 10, 2011 Lola rated it it was amazing
--Velenth snorted. "Jeez, Reynard, if I wanted sex, I'd disguise myself as a petty officer and try to trick the seventh division into gangbanging me until I can't walk." He paused, and his lips curled with a small, dreamy smile. "Again."--

WOW...lol it's pretty light hearted and funny. I like the characters.

BUT in my mind, Sven is always the douchebag college version of Bobby, the Barbarian from Dungeons and Dragons

[image error]
Icesumly
Can't give more due to otp issues! :(
Td
Dark, wickedly fun. This one got me worried looks when I would burst out snorting and laughing out of nowhere which somehow get worse when you try to control yourself. Recommended for those who are in the mood for a dry, witty, sarcastic, hilarious read with great, memorable characters all around. Thanks to MandyM for pointing the way, it can be found at Diesel ebookstore.
Aviva
The only thing missing to make it perfection was a scene with the soldiers in the barracks. It was my ideal otp after all.
Eden Winters
Jan 02, 2011 Eden Winters rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Engaging characters, laugh out loud funny antics. What more could I want?
Kitty
I suppose my enjoyment of this would have been greater if I hadn't pictured Velenth's main love interest looking like this the whole time in my head :

Other than that this book really wasn't that bad, it was at times delightfully funny. And yet in all good conscience I can't give it more than two stars. It's too much of a "brain mush" type novel for that. Vipera's isn't a bad writer, but she's not exactly talented either. This novel would have been better suited to a manga format, and if the auth
Ayanna
Aug 03, 2015 Ayanna rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviewed, meh
It's definitely different, and actually at least a little bit entertaining in kookiness, but the whole resolution was just so...something about it was just hard to believe. Like "really? Author, that's really what you're going to settle with?" And I mean, I guess I can't really figure out what the alternative might be, but just...I dunno, it was weird for me, and I didn't like it, and I walked away from it feeling vaguely dissatisfied with the whole thing.
Maya
Mar 29, 2015 Maya rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
DNF 50%
It sounded interesting but was extremely...boring?! I just couldn't finish it. 2 stars because I'm feeling generous and a little guilty for this abandon.
Nota Saint
May 13, 2015 Nota Saint rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was a hoot. Highly recommended.
Ali
Apr 23, 2014 Ali rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: easy-read, fantasy
Fun enjoyable read. :-)
Karen
Aug 28, 2015 Karen rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5, enjoyed it.
Ian
I actually really liked the main character. He was oddly cute, and I enjoyed that he really was a bad person.
Go villain.

The book seemed too short or too flat to get a real liking for it.

One thing I particularly disliked: in the beginning the Dark Lord was said to have a bubbly, sociable personality in his childhood. Where did that go? Later on in the book, it seemed to have said something along the lines that he was never a happy and personable character -- which seemed inconsistent.
Delilah
It was funny. It was sarcastic. It played with the tropes of fairytale heroes and villains and turned them upside down. It also was heart-warming in its sugary sweetness with the romance.

In other words: If you like the writings of Terry Pratchett and also want to see Mister Evil Overlord find some happiness with a dorky viking - this is a book for you!
Giraffeincognito
Perhaps it was just the mood I was in while I was reading it, but the wink-wink-nudge-nudge feel from the author lost its charm after a while, and it felt increasingly predictable. It's not poorly written by any means, but it felt like a slash fanfic, which is only a criticism when that means 'self-indulgent.'
sunsetsylvia
Feb 05, 2012 sunsetsylvia rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: funny, fantasy, erotica, 2012
LOL! What to say about this one?
I liked the fluffy no-nonsense style, the satirical outlook and how one can really relate to the very handsome, golden haired and blue eyed dark lord and his difficulties in finding a matching love interest.
V. funny!
Shanna
This was a funny quick read. The humor was subtle and intelligent. The characters well developed and relateable. Who hasn't had trouble on the rode to finding their mate? Even though the title was a little off putting the story more than made up for it.
Sara Testarossa
This book is clever, funny, and sexy. I was lucky enough to get a copy when it was still in print. I hope Elisa Viperas republishes it so more people can read it.
Kirsten
Feb 14, 2011 Kirsten rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Short, but cute. Velenth reminds me a lot of JPad. I kept picturing his puppydog face as the dark lord, threatening to shoot people out of cannons into walls.
Nene
Oct 08, 2010 Nene rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m, comedy
*gigglesnort* That's really all I can say about this one. Completely silly and over the top and a perfect read after too much angsting.
OkayKim
Jul 22, 2011 OkayKim rated it it was amazing
This was a tough ebook to track down, but worth the effort. Too bad there wasn't a sequel to the fairy's revenge.
Where can I get this book? 3 22 Jul 22, 2014 08:34AM
  • Embrace
  • Like a Sparrow Through the Heart (Like a Sparrow, #1)
  • Left of Centre
  • Mongrel (Mongrel, #1)
  • The Archer's Heart
  • Mariner's Luck (Scarlet and the White Wolf, #2)
  • Cethe
  • The God Eaters
  • Irregulars
  • Servitude
  • Greenwode (The Wode, #1)
  • Magebound
  • Dynasty of Ghosts
  • Strange Fortune
  • Charmed and Dangerous: Ten Tales of Gay Paranormal Romance and Urban Fantasy
  • Out of the Ashes (A Strong and Sudden Thaw, #2)
  • Wishbone
Elisa On Elisa: Sadly impossible until cloning laws are relaxed. Elisa is contradictory, easily annoyed, quickly won over by chai, in a long term relationship, still unable to work her cell phone properly, totally into Altoids' Dark Chocolate Dipped Ginger Mints, possibly a mermaid, torn between the dry desert sand and the deep blue ocean, scornful of emoticons that feature multiple semi-colons, a ...more
More about Elisa Viperas...