Start by marking “When the Ghost Dog Howls(Goosebumps HorrorLand, #13)” as Want to Read:
When the Ghost Dog Howls(Goosebumps HorrorLand, #13)

When the Ghost Dog Howls (Goosebumps HorrorLand #13)

Andy and Marnie think they've won big when they get a free souvenir from a gift shop in Horrorland. So what if this souvenir happens to be a rare (and possibly haunted) hound's tooth? It's totally worth the risk to have a gift that grants wishes.
Published January 1st 2010 by Scholastic

To ask other readers questions about When the Ghost Dog Howls, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about When the Ghost Dog Howls

Madison
Oct 25, 2015 Madison rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
R.L Stine's "HorrorLand" is a bone chilling story that had me on the edge of my seat the whole time. From the first word to the last which left me wanting more. Have you ever been scared by a frightening dog's howl? Or a scary story that isn't real? Well maybe that howl or that story isn't fake. Reading this story will make you say that too. I recommend this book to anybody who like bone chilling, horror stories. Or to anybody who likes R.L Stine and his gory horror stories.
Alice
Dec 10, 2016 Alice rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Read this super quick, it was a neat story but the ending was a little lacklustre to say the least.
Aarifa - Lover of Harry Potter, Books, and Animals-
I find myself not in the mood for Goosebumps anymore. I am sorry R.L. Stine, but I cannot ready anymore Goosebumps. Time to move on to pure novels.
Josiah
May 18, 2010 Josiah rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
R. L. Stine has once again begun a series of scary books aimed at a middle-grade audience, and I could hardly be more pleased than I am at the idea. His story arcs in the first twelve Enter Horrorland books were better than I would have anticipated, in many cases better even than the books in the original Goosebumps series, and to see him once again expand upon the idea is something that I am looking forward to experiencing.

In When the Ghost Dog Howls, cousins Andy and Marnie come across a sou
April Baird
Nov 30, 2014 April Baird rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: everyone :D
This is probably one of my favorite books from the goosebumps series. This story is about two cousins Marnie and Andy, they are at a theme park called Horrorland, after a show they go to Chillers house (shop) and Andy finds a canine tooth, he wants to get it, Chiller tells them the story of the tooth, he said it can grant wishes but they had to be careful not to use it when its wet or they will be ripped to pieces. When Marnie and Andy came home they started to wish for extra food and it was gr ...more
Becca
Jan 25, 2013 Becca rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Andy and his annoying cousin, Marnie are in Horrorland. Like most of Horrorland's guests, they stumble into Chiller House. Andy finds a tooth. Not just any tooth, but a tooth that grants any wishes that you want. Andy buys it, but Marnie complains because she wanted it too. They start making wishes, and realizes that the tooth isn't fake at all. When Marnie and Andy take a trip to the mall, Andy drops the tooth in orange soda. Jonathan Chiller told Andy not to get the tooth wet, but he didn't sa ...more
Jose Ramirez
Apr 20, 2015 Jose Ramirez rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I think that Goosebumps Horrorland When The Ghost Dog Howls is a very good book because its mysterious/Horror. Its about a boy named Andy and his cousin Marnie all ways wanted everything he had.One day there at Horrorland going to see a circus show and Andy was kind of scared because the clowns heads were chopped of then they teleported and they were in the audience and the people were gouls and zombies then the power cut of and Andy found a spotlight and the people were going back and Murrder t ...more
Jesse Hamalainen
May 11, 2013 Jesse Hamalainen rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Andy and his cousin Marnie are in Horrorland. They find a place called the chiller house and Andy finds a mystical tooth. when used it grants any wish that you want. Then andy buys it. They start making wishes it they realise it isn't fake and when Andy takes a trip to the mall, he drops the tooth in orange soda. The man from the chiller house told Andy not to get the tooth wet, but didn't say why. Andy finds out why. While Andy was unconscious, Marnie stole the tooth from him and made a story o ...more
Adan Ramie
This wasn’t one of my favorites from the newer line of Goosebumps books, but I can see where it fits into the HorrorLand puzzle. I found the main character to be a little dim, and his counterpart, the deceitful, spoiled cousin he spends his time with despite her bad attitude, extremely unlikable. I think it’s possible that Stine phoned this one in.
Chase Furtado
In Horrorland eerie gift shop finds a hound's tooth necklace. The big tooth is yellow, has two sharp points, and according to the shoekeeper, is said to grant wishes. But Jonathan Chiller knows something else about the tooth. It's said to be haunted by the ghost of a huge hound. A ghost that's got a mouthful of sharp teeth but wants this one back. It is very interesting and a good book.
Owen Jin
Feb 12, 2015 Owen Jin rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I think this book is wonderful it start off with a jump scare sort of thing then the creep factor just keeps rising but what do you expect from the master of horror writing R.L Stine. This book is the most terrifying of the horror-land series highly recommended if you want to be scared to death by dogs howling at night do not miss it also it ends with something that's really scary.......
Hew France
Not a bad little story. It started to feel a little like the original Goosebumps book "Don't Go To Sleep" for a little bit there, but I think it definitely played out better. A little bit of a weird story, but not bad.
Anmol
Sep 02, 2012 Anmol rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I THINK THIS IS AMAZING! I LIKIE THIS BECAUSE WHEN WE ARE READING IT, WE CAN'T KNOW WHERE THE KIDS ACTUALLY WERE! SOMETIMES IN A NIGHTMARE, SOMETIMES REAL.
I LIKE THE LAST PART WHEN THE DOG COMES TO TAKE HIS REVENGE OR TO TAKE HIS TOOTH BACK! IT'S MYSTERICAL FULL STORY.
Vivian
Jul 16, 2016 Vivian rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
The main characters are so annoying. I really hate Marnie's personality. I finish reading just because I dont want to give up unfinished book. The main plot is boring.
Gabriele Reyes
Apr 09, 2015 Gabriele Reyes rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
i loved this book and one day im going to tell kids the story of the ghost dog, it seems fun. but i thought if was no fair that she took the necklace away form him
Alex
May 12, 2016 Alex rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is probably my favorite book in this series so far. They're all cute, but this one was just really fun to read.
Kaila
Nov 08, 2014 Kaila rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love rl Stine but this one wasn't a favorite of mine. the story was cute but the characters annoyed me. I wanted to kill the cousin myself lol..overall it was a cute short read
Emma
Feb 05, 2013 Emma rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is awesome because two of the character nearly got eaten near the end of the book. I like this book.
Karla Acevedo
Andy fins out that his tooth caN GRANT WISHES but his cusin marcy is jelus so she wants to take the tooth away from him
Amie
Oct 19, 2016 Amie marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
I registered a book at BookCrossing.com!
Josie Hubball-Barnard
Josie Hubball-Barnard rated it it was amazing
Apr 05, 2016
Abi
Abi rated it it was amazing
Aug 27, 2015
Madhu
Madhu rated it it was amazing
Nov 13, 2013
KaoLy Thao
KaoLy Thao rated it liked it
Jun 14, 2013
Kerry
Kerry rated it really liked it
Jan 12, 2012
Arlene Mullen
Arlene Mullen rated it liked it
Dec 27, 2011
Ashley Gavin
Ashley Gavin rated it liked it
Jul 26, 2015
Erick Valdez
Erick Valdez rated it liked it
Feb 14, 2014
Yinelis Lugo
Yinelis Lugo rated it it was amazing
Jul 05, 2015
Chris Mejia
Chris Mejia rated it it was amazing
Feb 11, 2010
  • Dr. Jekyll, Orthodontist (Zack Files #5)
  • Rain Forests (Magic Tree House Research Guide, #5)
  • Zoo-Looking
  • Return of the Mummy (Goosebumps Presents TV Episode, #4)
  • Cypher The Mountain Giant (Beast Quest, #3)
  • The Mud Pony
  • The Girl Who Cried Monster (Goosebumps Presents TV Episode, #1)
  • The Day the Goose Got Loose
  • The Teeny Tiny Woman
  • The Science Fair from the Black Lagoon
  • Erandi's Braids
  • The Twilight Zone: The Midnight Sun
  • Little Polar Bear and the Brave Little Hare
  • Just Us Women
  • Be Good to Eddie Lee
  • Wizards Don't Wear Graduation Gowns (The Adventures Of The Bailey School Kids, #45)
  • Dreams
  • Dogerella

R. L. Stine b
More about R.L. Stine...

Goosebumps HorrorLand (1 - 10 of 20 books)
  • Welcome to HorrorLand: A Survival Guide (Goosebumps Horrorland)
  • Revenge of the Living Dummy (Goosebumps HorrorLand, #1)
  • Creep from the Deep (Goosebumps HorrorLand, #2)
  • Monster Blood For Breakfast! (Goosebumps HorrorLand, #3)
  • The Scream of the Haunted Mask (Goosebumps HorrorLand, #4)
  • Dr. Maniac vs. Robby Schwartz (Goosebumps HorrorLand #5)
  • Who's Your Mummy? (Goosebumps HorrorLand #6)
  • My Friends Call Me Monster (Goosebumps HorrorLand, #7)
  • Say Cheese - And Die Screaming (Goosebumps HorrorLand, #8)
  • Welcome To Camp Slither (Goosebumps HorrorLand, #9)