Start by marking “A Most Unconventional Courtship (Harlequin Historical, #849)” as Want to Read:
A Most Unconventional Courtship (Harlequin Historical, #849)

A Most Unconventional Courtship (Harlequin Historical, #849)

3.48 of 5 stars 3.48  ·  rating details  ·  61 ratings  ·  8 reviews
Benedict Casper Chancellor, Earl of Blakeney, is the kind of elegantly conservative English lord that Alessa despises. She wants nothing to do with him—even if he is shaped like a Greek statue come to life But the maddening man seems determined to wrest her away from her comfortable life in beautiful Corfu. Worse, he'll return her to the bosom of her stuffy family.

The Earl
Published January 1st 2008 by Harlequin Special Releases (first published January 1st 2007)

To ask other readers questions about A Most Unconventional Courtship, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Most Unconventional Courtship

Judy
The daughter of an English officer and his french bride, Alessa is living in Greece with her two young wards. She is making her living by her herb and healing knowledge she learned from old Agatha and by being a laundress.

Benedict Casper Chancellor, Earl of Blakeney is visiting Greece when he decides to walk alone his first night and is nearly killed.
Alessa comes upon the fight and right under her childrens window. She comes up to Georgi and puts her knife to his back telling him to high tail i
Jill Dunlop
Alessa Meridith witnesses two local ruffians attacking an English nobleman in the courtyard outside her home after getting her laundry. She efficiently disarms the men, but unfortunately not before the nobleman is knocked unconscious by a nasty hit to the head. With the help of her neighbors, Alessa manages to get him upstairs to her apartments. She plays nurse to his injuries that night. When Lord Blakenly awakens in the morning, he finds himself entranced by this local green-eyed woman. She is ...more
April Hollingworth
Set in beautiful Corfu this romantic tale is both beautiful and funny.
Alessa saves Chance from being killed, granted its because as an English Lord having his murdered body found on her doorstep is beyond troublesome.
To repay this unusual woman Chance is determined to restore her into her very proper English families embrace. After all its the honorable thing to do, even if she doesn't want to rejoin them!
So in tales a story of misunderstandings and finally piracy.
Wonderful story a must read.
Lourdes
Great story! I specially liked the non-traditional scene of the exotic island, the heroine with the secret past, the whole romance of her own story and how it intertwines with the actual love story bringing up the romantic level of the whole thing. I don't give it five stars because I have a problem with parts where the vocabulary sounds "too modern" but all in all is a beautiful, romantic and even old-fashioned romance. Very sweet and sexy.
Becky Black
Enjoyable story, kept me gripped all the way through. The characters were sympathetic without being paragons. I really enjoyed it. Recommended.
Carito Cárdenas guevara
muuuuy bueno, me gusto mucho la historia y aprendí palabras en griego :D q emocionante!
Vesra (When She Reads)
A Most Unconventional Courtship by Louise Allen (2007)
Lupe Murillo
Lupe Murillo marked it as to-read
Feb 09, 2015
Rhonda
Rhonda added it
Feb 07, 2015
Salla Leppänen
Salla Leppänen marked it as to-read
Feb 02, 2015
Sassá
Sassá marked it as to-read
Jan 17, 2015
SH
SH marked it as to-read
Jan 17, 2015
Nancy
Nancy marked it as to-read
Dec 29, 2014
Bruno
Bruno added it
Nov 21, 2014
Cary
Cary added it
Jun 29, 2014
Monique Takens
Monique Takens marked it as to-read
Jun 29, 2014
Desi Alonso
Desi Alonso marked it as to-read
Jun 17, 2014
Rettah
Rettah marked it as to-read
Jun 07, 2014
Tristi Palmer
Tristi Palmer marked it as to-read
Feb 01, 2014
Juliet Mccleary
Juliet Mccleary marked it as to-read
Jan 12, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

This author also writes under the name Francesca Shaw.

I have had my nose buried in a history book - fact or fiction - for as long as I can remember, but even more important to me are the places and the objects that conjure up the past. My first attempt at historical fiction
More about Louise Allen...
Virgin Slave, Barbarian King The Lord and the Wayward Lady (Regency Silk & Scandal, #1) Vicar's Daughter to Viscount's Lady (Transformation of the Shelley Sisters, #2) Practical Widow to Passionate Mistress (Transformation of the Shelley Sisters, #1) The Officer and the Proper Lady (Regency Silk & Scandal, #7)