3.68 of 5 stars 3.68  ·  rating details  ·  135 ratings  ·  19 reviews
Imagine this: Five eminently stylish and hilariously witty gay men -- authoritative experts in food and wine, grooming, decorating, fashion, and culture -- invade your life, assess your strengths and weaknesses, and, in the course of a day, make you better dressed, better groomed, better mannered, and a better cook, living in a better home. All of this is painless (unless...more
Published February 10th 2004 by Clarkson Potter

To ask other readers questions about Queer Eye for the Straight Guy , please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Queer Eye for the Straight Guy

Noran Miss Pumkin
Jul 29, 2009 Noran Miss Pumkin rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: most adults
Recommended to Noran by: myself
Shelves: fashion
Really enjoyed the CD set I got for $.99 off Ebay--They all talk and are really fun and even Carlon The fashionon crazed guru is sane and wonderful on his CD--eevn women can learn from this set. I sdore Jai and missed that he got little screen time--yet he got a CD to himself and really covered some clever oints for a party shy wall flower like myself.
The design and groom guys had to share a CD--they are the FAB - so i was expecting 5 CD's-I felt the designed guy got cheated! I do not if i will...more
Lenny Husen
This was cute, not a whole lot of useful information, but some tips that were great even for a straight bird. Some laugh out loud quotes. You gotta love Carson.
Lots of glossy pretty photos of clothes, wine, and decor.
Even if it were just for the addition of "Trajikistan" to my vocabulary, this would have been worth the read.
Margaret
Okay, I heard this on audio CD and I must say- it's quite a hoot! haha I loved it. I wanted to read up a little about how men behave (or rather, how they should behave according to the cultured Fab 5) so I picked it up. Not only did I pick up tips myself on cooking and wine, but I also have plenty of tips to spare for my 2 brothers and boyfriend. Ladies, you'll get a nice peak into how to help the boys around you act and dress appropriately for whatever occasion. Fun and entertaining! Plus, it's...more
alana
While I'm not a straight guy (nor a gay guy, for that matter), I did read this book cover to cover and kind of loved it. It made me want to re-stock my bar, buy a few good suits, and make sure to anchor each room in my dwelling. I love books that teach people to be gracious and polite! I wish my husband was fluent enough in English to read it. Alas!
Hilary
Cute, and enjoyable. Not sure I agree with all of the stuff about grooming. The section on decorating is abstract to the point of being hard to apply. Unsure how useful the stuff on fashion would be if you don't already know what you're doing in that arena. The cooking/eating section was very usefuli.
Therese Gilardi
gotta love the guys. i bought this book for my husband, but of course i was the one who devoured it. all of the sassy flavor of the old show, with a lot of great ideas thrown in, especially with regard to skin care and food.
Jessamine
I know this book covers all the specialties of the Queer Eye guys, but I really got this book for Ted Allen's recipes. I've made a few of the recipes and they've all turned out awesomely delicious.
Pody Ken
The important book for women (especially for you who need someone give u much intention!). This is the secret of men. What they like, what kind of food or beverage they prefere. All about them!
Mr. Noah Sturdevant
I read this just as an exercise in broadening my horizons, but there were some good tips. I'm afraid it was too advanced for me in some ways, so I must really be out of touch.
Jamie
Cute book but I don't need advice telling me how to dress, comb my hair, cook or tips on being cultivated; I'm light years ahead of these guys but just haven't got their cash.
Ash
Jul 30, 2010 Ash added it
Queer Eye for the Straight Guy : The Fab 5's Guide to Looking Better, Cooking Better, Dressing Better, Behaving Better, and Living Better by Ted Allen (2004)
Nathan
Informative. Liked it enough to try watching the show. . .if I wasn't too busy with Family, school, and work to watch TV.
Paul Groinus
Aug 05, 2010 Paul Groinus rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Every guy
This book actually has a lot of good tips. It's a fun read too!
Jillian
Jan 08, 2008 Jillian rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Girls with boys who need help:)
I love this show! This book was great! This is the copy I own:)
Teena in Toronto
Even though it's directed at guys, I found it interesting and funny.
Joy
Thanks for the tip on how to cook a steak!
Tyler Hurst
Hilarious, useful and more fun than I expected.
Susan
Funny, has a lot of good ideas.
Crystal
Even my hubby read it.
Adele
Adele marked it as to-read
Aug 29, 2014
Kevin
Kevin added it
Aug 24, 2014
Alex
Alex added it
Jul 06, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
The Food You Want to Eat: 100 Smart, Simple Recipes In My Kitchen: 100 Recipes and Discoveries for Passionate Cooks Esquire's Things a Man Should Know About Handshakes, White Lies and Which Fork: Easy Business Etiquette for Complicated Times Esquire's Things a Man Should Know About Sex Esquire Things a Man Should Know About Work and Sex (and Some Things in Between)