Start by marking “Daddy's Little Girl” as Want to Read:
Daddy's Little Girl

Daddy's Little Girl

3.83 of 5 stars 3.83  ·  rating details  ·  13,404 ratings  ·  534 reviews
"From Mary Higgins Clark, America's best-selling "Queen of Suspense," comes a dark and chilling story of murder, and its effects years later on the man convicted of the crime and the woman who helped convict him. It is a novel that takes the reader to the heights of suspense while exploring the depths of the criminal mind." *

Ellie Cavanaugh was only seven years old when he
Published April 16th 2002 by Simon & Schuster (first published 2001)

Tea Jovanović
Imala sam to zadovoljstvo da je upoznam na sajmu knjiga u Njujorku davne 2002. i da upravo ovu knjige dobijem od nje sos autogram... A onda sam se i uslikala s njom i njenom ćerkom, takođe spisateljicom... :)
Ariel Jessica
I was constantly irritated by this book. I kept waiting for a "mystery" to occur...for clues to lead to the conviction of someone else like the synopsis said...but it never came. I was gravely disappointed and bored. I felt all that was wrote was how Ellie loved to go out and order expensive salmon fillets and grilled duck and how Rob was guilty and how bad Ellie felt and waaaahhhh waaaaahhhh waaahhhh. Same thing over and over and over again until the last 2 pages in which she turns all of Ellie ...more
Jerry
Inconsistent pace and predictable ending spoil the suspense...

We're not likely to skip a novel by (mama) Clark, but this -- her 21st -- is far from her best. A good start leads into an absolute slug of a middle book, with most of the exciting action reserved for the three-page epilogue. Ironically, there is a reasonable degree of suspense to the plot, but our interest ebbed and waned so severely we might have put this down if we hadn't lined up for the hardback.

The plot revolves around Ellie Ca
Doris
This enthralling story is a first person narrative told by Ellie Cavanaugh, the 30-year-old survivor to a murder that devastated her family when she was only 7. She is now an investigative reporter, and has twice gone to the parole board to fight the parole of the man convicted of the brutal murder of her big sister Andrea. For 23 years, she had been convinced her sister's murderer was in prison, but now he, and his extremely wealthy family, are fighting to prove her wrong.

This story twists as E
Siobhan
This was my first dealing with the author and if I’m honest I’m not one hundred percent sure where I sit.

The story is interesting from the start yet it is not the fastest moving book I have ever read. Whilst events are moving forward throughout I felt as though there was no real action. It was almost an account of things passing by which compared to other books in this genre was really disappointed. Overall, I really did expect much more action than I was given.

The story follows Ellie years aft
Lee
3 1/2 stars. I unashamedly love MHC. Her books are very easy to read and play out almost like a movie in my mind. However, I marked this down by 1/2 star for the ending. It felt really rushed, as if she didn't know how to finish, or was too tired to go on. In fact, the book ends with a summary (shudder) explaining how the loose ends were tied up (a little too neatly). The other thing I didn't like about the book was its multitude of unnecessary characters. There were quite a few who were introdu ...more
Evi Yuniati
sedikit cerita. saya beli buku ini dengan harga murah versi bahasa inggris di Blok M Square lantai basement.
sudah hampir setahun lebih buku ini mengendap di lemari buku. waktu itu beli pas ada obral 10,000 kalo ga salah ingat.
waktu baca sinopsisnya saya tertarik, sepertinya buku ini bagus ceritanya. dan ternyata benar aja, waktu baca jalan ceritanya menarik.
ini buku genre misteri atau thriller yang pertama saya baca. kisah pembunuhan seorang kakak yang sebelum polisi menemukan mayatnya,
sang ad
Zézinha Rosado
Livro deveras espectacular! Muito bem escrito, a acção desenrola-se a uma velocidade vertiginosa e as personagens são muito emocionantes.
O suspense mantém-se até ao final e, uma vez mais, enganei-me no suspeito... eh eh eh!
Mary Higgins Clark é uma autora que nunca se deve deixar de ler.
Ceci
Feb 02, 2008 Ceci rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone who loves suspence and has the time to read this book through until the end without stopping.
Recommended to Ceci by: I have been looking around for her book since my Dad (or Mom) sh
Wow. Once again, Mary Higgins Clark has drawn my attention to her books and the world she writes about. A very descriptive story, she again proves why she is the "Queen of Suspence".

A very thrilling story that keeps you hooked and wanting more. ~Ceci~
Kelly
There were a few things that I did not like about this novel, however I did appreciate the nuances within the plot, all those little details that suddenly came together were masterful.

So here I go with the negatives:

Ellie was far too dismissive, short-sighted and judgemental for me to champion at all . Throughout the whole novel she believed that Rob was the killer and regardless of any other views or opinions, she just would not budge. I didn't really like that, I wanted her to be flawed and
Karyn Kar Mun (Thy Evil Queen)
A friend of mine recommended this book. It had a synopsis that sounded interesting: The heroine, Ellie, was only 7 years old when she discovered the dead body of her 15-year-old sister. There was a handful of suspects, one of whom was convicted and imprisoned despite his steadfast denial of guilt. 2 decades later he was set free, and Ellie, unable to bear this, began writing a book, bent on proving his guilt. New evidences were unearthed ...

Sounds interesting, yeah?

Nope. It was mind-numbingly du
Monica Chin
Srishti
2.5/5 stars

Ellie Cavanaugh was seven when her older sister Andrea was brutally murdered. Years later when her murderer is let out after serving his sentence, Ellie is determined to prevent Rob from clearing his name by proving his guilt once and for all. But each new revelation puts Ellie closer to becoming the next victim of the killer...

One of my friends recommended this book to me. This is the first Mary Higgins Clark book that I've ever read and my verdict is it was a very uneventful book.
Zakk
Jan 28, 2008 Zakk rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone, Anywhere
Recommended to Zakk by: I picked it off my Mother's bookshelf.
Note: I have the hard-cover. Just saying because i put the review on the paperback. Not like it matters. Enjoy the review.

This book had sucked me in since the beginning. Not being an avid reader whatsoever, i was amazed how much this book grabbed me, and never let me go. The story-line was so approachable, and i couldn't help but to remember every little second of it, and remember it so clearly, that i could relive it whenever i felt like it.

It played out so well in my head, i could have sworn i
Kiana
'Daddy's Little Girl' by Mary Higgins Clark is a fabulous story filled with mystery and suspense. Mary Higgins Clark is a phenomenal author who was born December 24, 1929 and she is now 83 years old. She studied at Fordham university and has won many awards for her books. This novel is one of my favourites of Mary's collection. It is an amazing thriller that has so much suspense. Whenever I pick up this book I know I will be up for a long night of reading because this book is impossible to put d ...more
Spencer
Daddys Little Girl is about a girl named Ellie. She was seven years old when her sister was murdered. She was the one who found her dead body. After her sisters death her life was crazy. Her parents got divorced, and she lived with her mom. They kept moving from place to place often because of her mothers job. She did not have a normal childhood. Thirty years later the person put in jail for her murder was released. She goes back to her old home town to try to get him behind bars again. As she i ...more
Julie
I forgot how much I loved suspense books. I used to read a lot of dean koontz books when I was a teenager and this has reignited my passion for the books.

Even from the first chapter, I was all in. It was a bit scary haha so I couldn't read it at night much because the noises of my house settling were too scary. I am definitely a big kid

The story line was good, plenty of action and the characters were goods. Ellie was a bit annoying as a main character but she drove the story well. The surprise
Zach Paulson
Have you ever endured a death in your family? Focus on that moment right now and multiply it by ten. That is the feeling of leaning over a loved one's body after they were murdered. Ellie was 7 years old when her sister was murdered. She has never let it go that she didn't tell her dad where Andrea was. After serving 22 years in prison though the suspected murderer is being let out and is having a trial to get his name cleared. Enraged Ellie will stop at nothing to prove that he is guilty. She e ...more
Jean
Ellie Cavanaugh was only seven years old when her fifteen-year-old sister, Andrea, was murdered near their home in Oldham-on-the-Hudson, a rural village in New York's Westchester County. There were three suspects: Rob Westerfield, nineteen-year-old scion of a wealthy, prominent family, whom Andrea has been secretly dating; Paul Stroebel, a sixteen-year-old schoolmate, who had a crush on Andrea; and Will Nebels, a local handyman in his forties.
It was Ellie who had led her parents to a hideout in
Chris Demer
This is one of Mary Higgins Clark's best, at least from the ones I have read. I think it is somewhat different because she writes it in the first person.

A teen is brutally murdered in a small town in a "hideout" where she goes to meet an older boyfriend. He is tried and convicted and sent to prison. Twenty-two years later, he is up for parole. While many feel he has paid his debt to society (especially his wealthy parents), Ellie, who was seven when her older sister was murdered, feels deeply th
Tina
This is the first Mary Higgins Clark book I've read. My mom had this book years ago, and I tried reading it, but just couldn't get into it. I don't think it had anything to do with the book or writing, I just wasn't that interested in reading mysteries at that time. Now, however, I love mysteries/suspense/thrillers! I saw this at a garage sale and knew that I wanted to read it since I tried to so many years ago.

While I enjoyed this story, it wasn't the best I've ever read. I think Mary Higgins
Kaycee Sapinoso
The story was narrated by Ellie Kavanagh. She told the readers about her murdered sister Andrea, her determination to find evidence to put back the murderer behind bars where he reallt belong after being out of prison based on the newly found evidence. And as the story progressed, she found new evidence and witnesses that will prove what she always believed - that Rob, Andrea's boyfriend murdered her sister - and she also finds her life in danger.

I enjoyed reading Daddy's Little Girl. I loved
Courtney
Jan 21, 2008 Courtney rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: ANYONE
This book is about a murder that ended up almost killing the victims whole family if you read this book you are in for an amazing view of life because the victims sister was murdered and when they found the murderer they released him many years later but the sisters feels like he should be in there for life and goes to investigate it out more and ends up risking her on life as well as many others!!
Elle
I typically adore Mary Higgins Clark. When I first started reading, my thought was that I would be totally wrong about any plot guesses I made since she always manages some crazy plot twists and changes. As it went on, it still read well, but I wasn't as sucked in as I usually find myself with her novels. The plot was straightforward, not a lot of spice. The characters were good, but odd. Officer White had some serious chip on his shoulder that didn't make any sense. Rob Westerfield was just fla ...more
Rhiannon
All around, I enjoyed reading Daddy's Little Girl. I liked the simple way it was written and so it was easy to visualize the events. The only thing I wasn't crazy about was the main character, Ellie. I found her to be obsessive and frankly just plain rude and careless at parts. But other than that, the book itself was quite good.
Sandra
Another very good mystery by Mary Higgins Clark. Although we pretty much know who the criminal is at the beginning, the mystery was seeing if he would be appropriately punished for his crimes. A good sub-plot about coming to terms with your past and moving forward into the future.
Denise
I really liked this book. She kept me entertained. And I admit, creeped out. I was on Ellie's side from the start. I could hardly read 5 pages at night because I would get so creeped! I love Mary Higgins Clark. Definitely one of my favorite authors.
Heather
Ellie Cavanaugh's older sister, Andrea, was murdered when Ellie was just seven-years-old. Ellie's family was destroyed because of the tragedy. Twenty-two years later, the man found guilty of the murder is about to be released. Not only that, but he has been given a new trial date to prove his innocence in the murder. Ellie, now an investigative reporter at an Atlanta newspaper, vows never to let that happen; however, no one seems to believe her that he is guilty. Ellie is treading dangerously to ...more
Sal
Courtney Duncan
this book was just okay. I wrote a full review a few minutes ago, and then my computer crashed (great) so I lost it. I loved Mary Higgins Clark when I was just a kid, but I think I didn't expect much back then. I found the characters in this story really hard to like, and impossible to feel any sort of emotional connection with. However, I know the author is a big star in her genre, and if nothing else, very well respected. So I thought maybe it was just this one book...I checked out another one ...more
  • Silent Night: The Remarkable Christmas Truce of 1914
  • Jinxed (Regan Reilly Mysteries, #6)
  • Let Me Whisper In Your Ear (KEY News #3)
Mary Higgins Clark, #1 international and New York Times bestselling author, is the author of 46 books and counting: she’s written thirty-three suspense novels; three collections of short stories; a historical novel, Mount Vernon Love Story; two children’s books, including The Magical Christmas Horse; and a memoir, Kitchen Privileges. She has also written five holiday suspense novels with Carol Hig ...more
More about Mary Higgins Clark...
Where Are the Children? Loves Music, Loves to Dance Two Little Girls in Blue All Around the Town While My Pretty One Sleeps