Start by marking “Sea Star: The Private Life of Anne Bonny, Pirate Queen” as Want to Read:
Sea Star: The Private Life of Anne Bonny, Pirate Queen

Sea Star: The Private Life of Anne Bonny, Pirate Queen

Living in constant danger, Anne Bonny, the wild and untamed pirate queen of the Caribbean, travels from the salons of colonial Charles Town to the torrid shores of Jamaica. Reprint. AB. PW.
Published August 1st 1984 by Jove (first published 1983)

To ask other readers questions about Sea Star, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sea Star

Diane Lynn

An interesting account of the life of Anne Bonny, the pirate queen. This book begins in 1700 in Cork, Ireland. William Cormac, a well to do Englishman, has just learned that his mistress, Mary, has given birth to a daughter, Anne. William doesn't particularly like his wife and won't give up Mary and Anne. He doesn't want to see his daughter brought up amid the prejudices in town so William, Mary and Anne leave for the southern colonies of the New World. They end up in Charles Town of t
Dion Ribeiro
Jul 28, 2016 Dion Ribeiro rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Li este livro há muito tempo mas recordo-me de ter gostado muito.
Trata-se de um romance histórico que narra as aventuras e as paixões de Anne Bonny, a rainha dos Piratas, que nos transporta às maravilhosas paisagens das Caraíbas.

Kascha
Apr 17, 2012 Kascha rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
LOVED this book!

I'm a sometimes reader of romance novels - not really following any particular authors besides maybe Sidney Sheldon. I actually stumbled on this book left at a laundry mat one day and just started reading it. I loved the story before I even found out that Anne Bonny and Mary Read were real pirates.

I'd heard of Blackbeard of course. But because of this book I ended up finding out all about Anne and admiring her so much since there has got to be an Anne Bonny inside every woman som
Nadine
Mar 11, 2012 Nadine rated it it was amazing
This is a romance novel but also a great story about Anne Bonney. It sparked a life-long fascination for me with her life and her adventures. And the mystery remains of how she lived out her days after she put her pirating life behind her.
Reetta
May 01, 2016 Reetta rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book. It has all, pirates (arrr!) in a cool historical setting (Carribea), strong heroine, adventure, romance and plenty of twists and turns of fate.
Vixious
Feb 03, 2008 Vixious rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
SNOOOZE FEST. the most boring pirate romance i have ever read, and yes i have read many. this was a great idea executed poorly.
vx
Gina (Weena)
Sep 05, 2007 Gina (Weena) rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: People who love pirates
I read this book a long time ago and have read it a couple more times since then. It's an interesting take on Anne Bonny's life.
Nandini
Nandini rated it liked it
Mar 11, 2012
Angela Serigny
Angela Serigny rated it it was amazing
Jul 21, 2015
Susanne
Susanne rated it really liked it
Sep 22, 2012
Stacey
Stacey rated it it was ok
Dec 31, 2015
Sofia Afonso
Sofia Afonso rated it liked it
Jun 01, 2014
Mechel
Mechel rated it it was ok
Mar 03, 2009
Noel
Noel rated it it was amazing
Sep 23, 2014
Ellen Reynolds
Ellen Reynolds rated it it was amazing
Aug 01, 2016
Brenda S. Conant
Brenda S. Conant rated it it was amazing
Mar 26, 2016
Tracy Drozd
Tracy Drozd rated it really liked it
Apr 14, 2016
Joanne Lussier
Joanne Lussier rated it it was amazing
Feb 16, 2013
Caitlin
Caitlin rated it liked it
May 19, 2014
Adriana
Adriana rated it liked it
Apr 02, 2012
Frank Dilger
Frank Dilger rated it it was amazing
Oct 30, 2011
Kelley
Kelley rated it really liked it
Apr 21, 2010
Lori
Lori rated it it was amazing
Jun 17, 2012
Tamie
Tamie rated it it was amazing
Jul 29, 2011
Tracy Crochet
Tracy Crochet rated it it was amazing
Jul 23, 2012
T Counce
T Counce rated it it was amazing
Sep 29, 2014
Rituri
Rituri rated it it was ok
Mar 19, 2016
Maiju
Maiju rated it liked it
Jul 26, 2012
Kelly Kroger
Kelly Kroger rated it really liked it
Aug 18, 2016