Start by marking “A Bloodhound To Die For” as Want to Read:
A Bloodhound To Die For

A Bloodhound To Die For (Jo Beth Sidden "Bloodhound" Mystery #6)

4.28 of 5 stars 4.28  ·  rating details  ·  337 ratings  ·  12 reviews
Jo Beth Sidden trains bloodhounds for a living and occasionally takes on a tracking assignment such as hunting down a sweet old lady who has wandered off into the Okefenokee Swamp. Unfortunately, wily prison escapee Jimmy Joe Lane has decided that he and Jo Beth are the perfect match, and his adoring kinfolk support their good ole boy's delusions.

Suddenly Jo Beth has serio
Published May 25th 2004 by Avon Books (first published 2003)

To ask other readers questions about A Bloodhound To Die For, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Bloodhound To Die For

The Art of Racing in the Rain by Garth SteinMarley and Me by John GroganA Dog's Purpose by W. Bruce CameronWhere the Red Fern Grows by Wilson RawlsThe Call of the Wild by Jack London
Great "Dog" Books
109th out of 666 books — 1,340 voters
Heavy Duty People by Iain ParkeEveryone Burns by John DolanHeavy Duty Attitude by Iain ParkeThe Liquidator by Iain ParkeTell No One by Harlan Coben
Favourite Crime & Thrillers
380th out of 448 books — 516 voters

More lists with this book...

bobby
This book was given to me as a gag gift last Christmas, and I only read it because I needed something easy and mindless to read between Emerson essays. That said, this book is a great reminder why I don’t usually dip my toes into the scummy pond of James Patterson-style crap fiction. This is a book written for people who don’t like to think when they read, the kind of book Twilight readers “graduate” to when they think they’ve grown up.

There's terrible prose, unlikable characters, and a plot tha
Meagan Brantley
What a fabulous ending to a wonderful series. As a bloodhound mama I thoroughly enjoyed the way she depicted this beautiful breed of dog. Sad that this was the last book.
Diane Heath
This was a very interesting book. First in this series that I have read although it may be book 3 or 4 in the series. It takes place in southern Georgia. It has Jo Beth who trains bloodhounds and tracks criminals and the lost in the swamp for local authorities.
Alissa
I really enjoyed the protagonist in this series, and even though I'm not a big dog lover, I found the bloodhound training to be fascinating.
I was sad this was the last in the series, since the author died and I really wanted to read more about Jo Beth.
Deborah Darsie
This is the final book in the series since Ms Lanier passed away after this one was written.

I truly wish there could be more, but I am not sure who could do justice to the passion for bloodhound skills, adventure and wildly diverse characters!

Kimberly
This was the last book in this series because the author died. But it neatly wraps all parts of the story up. This was a great mystery series and it is sad to know it has ended with this satisfying piece.
Kristen
This is a good mystery from the late Virginia Lanier and her adventures for searching missing people with the bloodhounds. One of her finest before she passed away a few years ago.
Teresa
Unfortunately, this author started writing late in life and there aren't too many books in her series. It was a really good, fun book.
Liz
Jan 02, 2009 Liz rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommended to Liz by: Cat
More Hank, Bobby Lee comes into his own, Jasmine solves an old problem.
Lj
I loved this series and wish there were more - very fun
Terrie
A satisfying conclusion to the series.
Lindsey Smith
Good series also very light
Deb
Deb marked it as to-read
Mar 23, 2015
  • This Dog for Hire (Rachel Alexander & Dash, #1)
  • Dead and Doggone (A Dog Lover's Mystery, #2)
  • Bark M For Murder
  • Hair of the Dog (Melanie Travis, #4)
  • Smoky Mountain Tracks (Raine Stockton Dog Mysteries, #1)
  • Killing Cousins (Torie O'Shea, #5)
  • The Howard Hughes Affair (Toby Peters, #4)
An author who penned the popular "Bloodhound" series of mystery books and published her first book at age 65.

Her first book, Death in Bloodhound Red, released in April of 1995, was nominated for three literary awards: the Agatha, the Anthony, and the Macavity for the "Best First Mystery Novel in 1995."

Series:
* Jo Beth Sidden "Bloodhound" Mystery
More about Virginia Lanier...

Jo Beth Sidden "Bloodhound" Mystery (7 books)
  • Death in Bloodhound Red (Jo Beth Sidden "Bloodhound" Mystery #1)
  • The House on Bloodhound Lane
  • A Brace of Bloodhounds
  • Blind Bloodhound Justice
  • Ten Little Bloodhounds
  • Bark M For Murder
Death in Bloodhound Red (Jo Beth Sidden "Bloodhound" Mystery #1) The House on Bloodhound Lane Ten Little Bloodhounds Blind Bloodhound Justice A Brace of Bloodhounds