Start by marking “A Bloodhound To Die For” as Want to Read:
A Bloodhound To Die For

A Bloodhound To Die For (Jo Beth Sidden "Bloodhound" Mystery #6)

Jo Beth Sidden trains bloodhounds for a living and occasionally takes on a tracking assignment such as hunting down a sweet old lady who has wandered off into the Okefenokee Swamp. Unfortunately, wily prison escapee Jimmy Joe Lane has decided that he and Jo Beth are the perfect match, and his adoring kinfolk support their good ole boy's delusions.

Suddenly Jo Beth has serio
Published May 25th 2004 by Avon Books (first published 2003)

To ask other readers questions about A Bloodhound To Die For, please sign up.

bobby
Mar 27, 2010 bobby rated it did not like it
This book was given to me as a gag gift last Christmas, and I only read it because I needed something easy and mindless to read between Emerson essays. That said, this book is a great reminder why I don’t usually dip my toes into the scummy pond of James Patterson-style crap fiction. This is a book written for people who don’t like to think when they read, the kind of book Twilight readers “graduate” to when they think they’ve grown up.

There's terrible prose, unlikable characters, and a plot tha
Katherine Clark
Jul 04, 2015 Katherine Clark rated it it was ok
Virginia Lanier is beloved. I like the protagonist (mostly sort of), but man, I did not like the writing. The amount of exposition in this book is ridiculous. On the other hand, it worked for what I was using it for. I am playing with the idea of doing search and rescue or using dogs to find lost pets. Anyway, according to a fantastic website I found on dogs (sorry, can't remember right now which one), this book was recommended for its description of search and rescue. Those scenes were fantasti ...more
Deborah Darsie
Jul 25, 2012 Deborah Darsie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the final book in the series since Ms Lanier passed away after this one was written.

I truly wish there could be more, but I am not sure who could do justice to the passion for bloodhound skills, adventure and wildly diverse characters!

Diane Heath
Mar 03, 2013 Diane Heath rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery
This was a very interesting book. First in this series that I have read although it may be book 3 or 4 in the series. It takes place in southern Georgia. It has Jo Beth who trains bloodhounds and tracks criminals and the lost in the swamp for local authorities.
Kimberly
Jan 10, 2010 Kimberly rated it it was amazing
This was the last book in this series because the author died. But it neatly wraps all parts of the story up. This was a great mystery series and it is sad to know it has ended with this satisfying piece.
Alissa
Dec 17, 2008 Alissa rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed the protagonist in this series, and even though I'm not a big dog lover, I found the bloodhound training to be fascinating.
I was sad this was the last in the series, since the author died and I really wanted to read more about Jo Beth.
Leslie Angel
Jan 13, 2017 Leslie Angel rated it really liked it
Shelves: mystery
I love this series and hated it when the author died. But she wrapped it all up in this last book quite satisfactorily.
Jiaparker1997gmail.Com
Jun 13, 2016 Jiaparker1997gmail.Com rated it really liked it
OK. It was the final book in the series before the author died, will miss her.
Lindsey Smith
Good series also very light
Meagan Brantley
Apr 16, 2014 Meagan Brantley rated it it was amazing
What a fabulous ending to a wonderful series. As a bloodhound mama I thoroughly enjoyed the way she depicted this beautiful breed of dog. Sad that this was the last book.
Terrie
Jul 05, 2008 Terrie rated it really liked it
A satisfying conclusion to the series.
Linda
Feb 20, 2016 Linda rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2016
Love happy endings.
Liz
Dec 30, 2008 Liz rated it really liked it
Recommended to Liz by: Cat
More Hank, Bobby Lee comes into his own, Jasmine solves an old problem.
Kristen
Apr 17, 2008 Kristen rated it really liked it
Shelves: serial-mystery
This is a good mystery from the late Virginia Lanier and her adventures for searching missing people with the bloodhounds. One of her finest before she passed away a few years ago.
Teresa
Jul 14, 2008 Teresa rated it really liked it
Shelves: mystery-bookclub
Unfortunately, this author started writing late in life and there aren't too many books in her series. It was a really good, fun book.
Tori
Tori rated it really liked it
Jun 24, 2012
Nicole
Nicole rated it it was amazing
Sep 03, 2014
Gerri Balter
Gerri Balter rated it it was amazing
Jun 10, 2014
Agnethe Poulsen
Agnethe Poulsen rated it it was amazing
Oct 17, 2011
Ratkin
Ratkin rated it really liked it
Jul 16, 2012
Maureen Carden
Maureen Carden rated it it was amazing
Aug 06, 2016
Sharon Bailey
Sharon Bailey rated it really liked it
Apr 23, 2013
Evelyn
Evelyn rated it it was amazing
Feb 17, 2008
Carin
Carin rated it it was amazing
Sep 27, 2014
Diana Thayer
Diana Thayer rated it liked it
Oct 24, 2011
Ellen
Ellen rated it it was amazing
Apr 03, 2011
Lisa Armstrong
Lisa Armstrong rated it really liked it
Aug 22, 2016
Lindsay
Lindsay rated it it was amazing
Sep 25, 2012
Margo
Margo rated it it was amazing
Jul 30, 2016
Sue
Sue rated it really liked it
Feb 07, 2010
  • A Hell of a Dog (Rachel Alexander & Dash, #3)
  • Dead and Doggone (A Dog Lover's Mystery, #2)
  • Bark M For Murder
  • Hair of the Dog (Melanie Travis, #4)
  • Smoky Mountain Tracks (Raine Stockton Dog Mysteries, #1)
An author who penned the popular "Bloodhound" series of mystery books and published her first book at age 65.

Her first book, Death in Bloodhound Red, released in April of 1995, was nominated for three literary awards: the Agatha, the Anthony, and the Macavity for the "Best First Mystery Novel in 1995."

Series:
* Jo Beth Sidden "Bloodhound" Mystery
More about Virginia Lanier...

Jo Beth Sidden "Bloodhound" Mystery (7 books)
  • Death in Bloodhound Red (Jo Beth Sidden "Bloodhound" Mystery #1)
  • The House on Bloodhound Lane