Start by marking “Ten Little Bloodhounds” as Want to Read:
Ten Little Bloodhounds

Ten Little Bloodhounds (Jo Beth Sidden "Bloodhound" Mystery #5)

A Matter Of Life And DeathThere's a lot of excitement down at Jo Beth Sidden's kennel. A full litter of ten baby bloodhounds is due any day. Though pressed for time, Jo Beth still agrees to do a favor for a friend -- finding a reclusive, wealthy matriarch's missing cat. But soon afterward, her client is murdered. Now, Jo Beth is looking for a killer. There's a slew of susp ...more
Mass Market Paperback, 338 pages
Published August 2000 by Avon (first published July 1999)

To ask other readers questions about Ten Little Bloodhounds, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ten Little Bloodhounds

Meagan Brantley
Mar 06, 2014 Meagan Brantley rated it it was amazing
I loved it. The last few chapters, with Bobby Lee & Jo Beth's relationship--moved me to the core. So true to this noble breed, bloodhounds have one human that is their greatest love. Beautiful portrayal of that relationship!
Nancy
4.5 stars. My first book by this author but certainly not the last!
Dee Zarlenga seltzer
Jan 10, 2014 Dee Zarlenga seltzer rated it it was amazing
I loved the whole series!
Kristin
Mar 08, 2011 Kristin rated it liked it
This is the first book of Lanier's that I have read, though it is clearly part of a series. Like Alex Kava sometimes does in her books, I think Lanier gives a little too much about the earlier books away in this one. I also felt the story jumped around far too often. The book begins with protagonist and bloodhound trainer Jo Beth investigating a rich woman's missing cat, and when the woman dies just a few days later, Jo Beth is called back to try to figure out whether she was murdered and if the ...more
International Cat Lady
Meh. Given that this book (the entire series, actually, but this is the only one I've read) is based in and around the Okefenokee Swamp in southeast GA (the area where my mom lives, and where I tend to spend most of my time whenever I'm in the States), and features an animal-loving female protagonist, I really wanted to love this book. I discovered that this series existed while seeking to fill the void left by the lack of unread Anna Pigeon books in my life, and I googled 'okefenokee mystery' t ...more
Sue Perdue
Jun 26, 2010 Sue Perdue rated it it was amazing
continuing the bloodhound saga, lanier makes jo beth, her workers, and her friends become so real that any minute you expect one of them to knock on your door and want to come in. lanier's depiction of the whelping of her pups is so very true to life. i have raised dogs for over 40 years and i couldn't fault a thing she did! this was a very well-researched book! as usual, jo beth siddons has more irons in the fire than she can balance unless she has help. she has to juggle things so they all fit ...more
Renee
Feb 27, 2008 Renee rated it liked it
I enjoyed this book but would have enjoyed it more if they had stuck to the main murder mystery instead of going back and forth between at least 4 other events that still required Jo Beth's time and her famous bloodhounds. I found the parts about how the bloodhounds do their jobs extremely interesting. I have another one of the series on my bookshelf and plan on reading it as well. I hope she stays more on topic, though. As soon as you would get into one case, it would jump into another case all ...more
Lynn Stenger
Nov 27, 2011 Lynn Stenger rated it it was amazing
I added all the books on Bloodhounds that I have read through the years. Virginia Lanier is a wonderful author and i read each one in her Bloodhound series and wanted to share these. Ifyou have not read her books you should. Virginia is no longer living. She raised bloodhounds herself and takes her life experience of that into her writing...if you love dogs and mystery, read these. These are some of my most favorite reads.
Kristen
Apr 17, 2008 Kristen rated it really liked it
Shelves: serial-mystery
This is another series I was introduced to the late Virginia Lanier's Jo Beth Sidden from the same egroup online years ago for a group read. I'm pretty sure I remember reading all but two, but have two here for Shelfari. I might have to reread it to see if I remember the rest. A great storyline featuring dogs and Search-and-rescue.
C-shaw
Sep 04, 2009 C-shaw rated it really liked it
I bought this at McKay's because it was "by Ginny." I thought I had the first one in the series, but alas, it was not the first. Anyhoo, it was good, about a woman who raises bloodhounds and uses them to search for clues to solve crimes. The protagonist lives in the Okefenokee Swamp!

I gave it to Mum and Gin to read and they liked it too.
Janice
I continue to enjoy this series featuring Jo Beth Siddens and her Bloodhounds. This is the 5th in the series, and Jo Beth reveals some of the less likeable and immature aspects of her personality, but goes on to attempt to pull herself back into everyone's good graces. The characters and the plots are engaging in these fast read mysteries.
Diane Heath
Mar 03, 2013 Diane Heath rated it liked it
Shelves: mystery
This is book 5 in the series according to the book jacket. A bloodhound to die for is 6 or better. The trial mentioned in 6 occcurs in 5. There are the 4 previous books to track down and meet the characters from South Georgia. Hank,Dennis,Wayne, Jasmine and Jo Beth...among others. Not sure of the total # in the series. It is an interesting series though.
Doug Dams
Oct 12, 2011 Doug Dams rated it liked it
This story starts out with a nice twist. JoBeth is hired by a wealthy woman to find her cat. But after the cat is found, the woman is murdered. JoBeth is than hired to solve the crime. It's a good story, but not quite as good as some of the previous stories.
Linda
Feb 20, 2016 Linda rated it liked it
Shelves: mystery, 2016
Pleasant reading of creative plot and predictable ending. Finally done with a villain in the series, Bubba!
Vickie
Feb 17, 2008 Vickie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a good series with a wonderful premise. Love the relationship between the main character and her bloodhounds.
Terrie
Jul 05, 2008 Terrie rated it liked it
Again, contrived that JoBeth is investigating a crime, but good overall. We finally get a resolution on Bubba.
Alissa
Dec 17, 2008 Alissa rated it really liked it
Shelves: mysteries
I really enjoyed the protagonist in this series, and even though I'm not a big dog lover, I found the bloodhound training to be fascinating.
Terri
Aug 02, 2016 Terri rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fiction
I love this series book #5. JoBeth is a bad ass woman. Her dogs are something else. Never a dull moment.
Kimberly
Kimberly rated it it was amazing
Jan 10, 2010
Jen
Jen rated it it was amazing
Apr 16, 2009
Susan
Susan rated it liked it
May 26, 2014
Erin
Erin rated it liked it
May 05, 2007
William Gibson
William Gibson rated it liked it
Jan 06, 2011
Joanna
Joanna rated it it was amazing
Sep 21, 2011
Morgan Stansell
Morgan Stansell rated it it was amazing
Feb 11, 2014
Shazza Maddog
Shazza Maddog rated it really liked it
Apr 16, 2012
Julia
Julia rated it really liked it
Jan 16, 2013
Lynn Siler
Lynn Siler rated it it was amazing
Mar 16, 2016
Bobbie
Bobbie rated it it was amazing
Mar 29, 2015
Judy Beaver
Judy Beaver rated it it was amazing
Jun 15, 2014
  • The Dog Who Knew Too Much (Rachel Alexander & Dash, #2)
  • Bark M For Murder
  • Underdog (Melanie Travis, #2)
  • Dead and Doggone (A Dog Lover's Mystery, #2)
  • Smoky Mountain Tracks (Raine Stockton Dog Mysteries, #1)
An author who penned the popular "Bloodhound" series of mystery books and published her first book at age 65.

Her first book, Death in Bloodhound Red, released in April of 1995, was nominated for three literary awards: the Agatha, the Anthony, and the Macavity for the "Best First Mystery Novel in 1995."

Series:
* Jo Beth Sidden "Bloodhound" Mystery
More about Virginia Lanier...

Jo Beth Sidden "Bloodhound" Mystery (7 books)
  • Death in Bloodhound Red (Jo Beth Sidden "Bloodhound" Mystery #1)
  • The House on Bloodhound Lane