Get Your Act Together: A 7-Day Get-Organized Program for the Overworked, Overbooked, and Overwhelmed

3.8 of 5 stars 3.80  ·  rating details  ·  102 ratings  ·  20 reviews
The SLOB Sisters are back after the phenomenal success of Sidetracked Home Executives (750,000 paperback copies sold), with a new program for organizing your home and personal life.
Published January 26th 2010 by William Morrow Paperbacks (first published August 4th 1993)

Simeonberesford
Hmm why did I get this? Well as some of you may know I have depression one of my chief aids in recovering from this is the Flylady site and mailing list.. Every day she tells me to get up. to shine my sink. clean my toilet wash my clothes etc trust me without her I would be in the next series of house from Hell. The mailing are Far better than these deeply meaning full volumes on how to raise your self essteem. And be happy. Now she has written a few motivational books of her own but has always...more
M J
I'm not sure their program will work well for my home, but I did enjoy the book overall. There are a lot of honest, great stories, several of which made me laugh out loud. It's worth the read!
Kathryn
I have been a SHE, Side Tracked Home Executive, for over 30 years and it so works for me. This is she a little different take on the same concept that I hadn't read. I like the original book much, much better Sidetracked Home Executives: From Pigpen to Paradise.
Callie
Sometimes I start reading and forget that I am not compelled to finish every book I start. This was one of those. There was one useful tip in here, so I tore that page out to keep and implement and threw the book away. The tip was on organizing kids clothes, always a problem for me as I'd rather just get rid of them all and figure more handmedowns will eventually come my way. :)
Katherine Wms
The best thing about this book was learning about the card system for cleaning. I also related to the thought of being dis/organized being hereditary.

Some the stories were illustrative of various point but after a while I grew tired of the wordiness and just wanted the writers to get to the point. I skimmed through a few toward the last few chapters to get through the book.
Sherry
A simpler version of FlyLady system - technically the slob sisters came first, but in my world I found FlyLady first. I'm going to give it a try. The index card system sounds complicated and involved, but I think if I start with one leg at a time I will eventually get to the full system that's listed in the book.

Borrowed to Amy so she can be my buddy.
Jasmyn
Overbooked...that's funny. Does that mean you're reading too many books? Cause I get like that sometimes. Just kidding--I know what it means. This is such a funny, light read about two sisters who took charge of their homes and their organization. I read most of it last night at the laundry mat while Marc was studying at home...
Courtney
I really enjoyed this book! I got it from a family friend of mine who was cleaning out their house and were getting rid of it on a garage sale.. How ironic! I do believe that their organization method would really work, I'm going to give it a try someday when I have a messy home.
Roxi Zilmer
Too much of a story - helpful if you are truly lost but If you are just looking for a strategy to stay organized in a home full of people you really only need the first few chapters. It's a good and effective system.
Amber
Very funny, light-hearted discussion of clutter. The 3x5 notecard approach is outdated, but a good concept to start with. I prefer FLYLady's system (www.flylady.net).
Marissa  Pineda
The only thing I gained from this pathetic book was the unverified statement that Amish people have a high suicide rate. Don't waste your time on this book.
Bonnie
It's going to help- there are definitely some good ideas to incorporate with my FLYing to get this brood on track for the upcoming school year.
Johnna Adams
The cleaning system the women propose is so/so, but they came across as funny but sort of whiny. Www.flylady.net runs a better system.
Michelle
Sequel/prequel to Sidetracked Home Executives.
F/F Duo.
Julia
Oct 08, 2007 Julia marked it as partially-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: owned
Follow up to SHE original book.
AJP_Bear
This is a fun read.
Lynda
Much too complicated.
Vernetta
Vernetta marked it as to-read
Jul 27, 2014
Rena
Rena marked it as to-read
Jul 10, 2014
Amy
Amy marked it as to-read
Jul 08, 2014
Vivian Fox
Vivian Fox marked it as to-read
Jun 22, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Sidetracked Home Executives(TM): From Pigpen to Paradise Sidetracked Sisters Happiness File The Sidetracked Sisters Catch Up on the Kitchen I'm O.K...But You Have a Lot of Work to Do The Joy Of Being Disorganized