Start by marking “Get Your Act Together: A 7-Day Get-Organized Program for the Overworked, Overbooked, and Overwhelmed” as Want to Read:

3.86  ·  Rating Details  ·  168 Ratings  ·  22 Reviews
The SLOB Sisters are back after the phenomenal success of Sidetracked Home Executives (750,000 paperback copies sold), with a new program for organizing your home and personal life.
Published January 26th 2010 by William Morrow Paperbacks (first published August 4th 1993)

To ask other readers questions about Get Your Act Together, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Get Your Act Together

Simeonberesford
Dec 28, 2010 Simeonberesford rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: self, help
Hmm why did I get this? Well as some of you may know I have depression one of my chief aids in recovering from this is the Flylady site and mailing list.. Every day she tells me to get up. to shine my sink. clean my toilet wash my clothes etc trust me without her I would be in the next series of house from Hell. The mailing are Far better than these deeply meaning full volumes on how to raise your self essteem. And be happy. Now she has written a few motivational books of her own but has always ...more
M J
Feb 06, 2014 M J rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own, making-a-home
I'm not sure their program will work well for my home, but I did enjoy the book overall. There are a lot of honest, great stories, several of which made me laugh out loud. It's worth the read!
Patti Pierce
Jun 07, 2016 Patti Pierce rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Enjoyed this book

I thoroughly enjoyed this book. It is very down to earth and fun to read. The tales the sisters tell are so real and heartfelt, I wanted to read more. For everyone who has ever wanted to get organized, this is a great one to read.
Stacey
Nov 05, 2015 Stacey rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book had so much great material. I'm really excited to get my card box together!!!! This book covers organization, cleaning, eating, exercise, relationships, family... Some of the stories could have been shortened a bit but overall one of the best self help books I've ever read!!!!
Kathryn
I have been a SHE, Side Tracked Home Executive, for over 30 years and it so works for me. This is she a little different take on the same concept that I hadn't read. I like the original book much, much better Sidetracked Home Executives: From Pigpen to Paradise.
Callie
May 18, 2012 Callie rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2012
Sometimes I start reading and forget that I am not compelled to finish every book I start. This was one of those. There was one useful tip in here, so I tore that page out to keep and implement and threw the book away. The tip was on organizing kids clothes, always a problem for me as I'd rather just get rid of them all and figure more handmedowns will eventually come my way. :)
Katherine Wms
Jul 21, 2013 Katherine Wms rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ccpl, house
The best thing about this book was learning about the card system for cleaning. I also related to the thought of being dis/organized being hereditary.

Some the stories were illustrative of various point but after a while I grew tired of the wordiness and just wanted the writers to get to the point. I skimmed through a few toward the last few chapters to get through the book.
Sherry
Aug 05, 2008 Sherry rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2006-2010
A simpler version of FlyLady system - technically the slob sisters came first, but in my world I found FlyLady first. I'm going to give it a try. The index card system sounds complicated and involved, but I think if I start with one leg at a time I will eventually get to the full system that's listed in the book.

Borrowed to Amy so she can be my buddy.
Jasmyn
Sep 17, 2008 Jasmyn rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: self-help
Overbooked...that's funny. Does that mean you're reading too many books? Cause I get like that sometimes. Just kidding--I know what it means. This is such a funny, light read about two sisters who took charge of their homes and their organization. I read most of it last night at the laundry mat while Marc was studying at home...
Courtney
Sep 02, 2011 Courtney rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this book! I got it from a family friend of mine who was cleaning out their house and were getting rid of it on a garage sale.. How ironic! I do believe that their organization method would really work, I'm going to give it a try someday when I have a messy home.
Roxi Zilmer
Too much of a story - helpful if you are truly lost but If you are just looking for a strategy to stay organized in a home full of people you really only need the first few chapters. It's a good and effective system.
Amber
Jul 17, 2008 Amber rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very funny, light-hearted discussion of clutter. The 3x5 notecard approach is outdated, but a good concept to start with. I prefer FLYLady's system (www.flylady.net).
Marissa  Pineda
Jul 05, 2010 Marissa Pineda rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
The only thing I gained from this pathetic book was the unverified statement that Amish people have a high suicide rate. Don't waste your time on this book.
Bonnie
Aug 07, 2008 Bonnie rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
It's going to help- there are definitely some good ideas to incorporate with my FLYing to get this brood on track for the upcoming school year.
Johnna Adams
Sep 04, 2007 Johnna Adams rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
The cleaning system the women propose is so/so, but they came across as funny but sort of whiny. Www.flylady.net runs a better system.
Michelle
Sequel/prequel to Sidetracked Home Executives.
F/F Duo.
Julia
Oct 08, 2007 Julia marked it as partially-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: owned
Follow up to SHE original book.
AJP_Bear
Mizbooks
Jul 11, 2008 Mizbooks rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
library
clare mclaughlin
clare mclaughlin rated it it was amazing
Jul 20, 2016
JEAN ANN COUCH
JEAN ANN COUCH marked it as to-read
Jul 16, 2016
Neva Williams
Neva Williams rated it it was amazing
Jun 29, 2016
Cecilia
Cecilia rated it really liked it
Jun 28, 2016
Smart1
Smart1 marked it as to-read
Jun 22, 2016
Jenniffer Davies
Jenniffer Davies marked it as to-read
Jun 03, 2016
Dawn
Dawn rated it really liked it
Jun 28, 2016
  • Set Free to Live Free: Breaking Through the 7 Lies Women Tell Themselves
  • Sink Reflections
  • Organizing Magic: 40 Days to a Well-Ordered Home and Life
  • The Thrift Book
  • Welcome to Your Crisis: How to Use the Power of Crisis to Create the Life You Want
  • Quilter's Complete Guide
  • The Hills is Lonely
  • You Can Be Right (or You Can Be Married): Looking for Love in the Age of Divorce